Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3009017 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I cannot replicate the mulitple music issue.  Tried everything - 50 battles.  Nothing.

So if this happens, I need to see Reunion.log, audio.log, app.log, save file, and all information on when it occurred.

Estelyen

• View Profile
I cannot replicate the mulitple music issue.  Tried everything - 50 battles.  Nothing.

So if this happens, I need to see Reunion.log, audio.log, app.log, save file, and all information on when it occurred.
Happens to me quite frequently, I'm going to try and replicate it with full verbose logging enabled when I have time (probably tonight, sitting at work atm). Funny thing is, it already happened to me back in the first R06 version, so it's definitely not a new issue with R06c, maybe it just got more common with it?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I need to know exactly what point it happens - what battles - if there is any commonality.

Then need app.log, reunion.log, audio.log, hext.log, save file as soon as it happens -

What mods you have installed would help too.

How frequent is frequent?

Estelyen

• View Profile
I need to know exactly what point it happens - what battles - if there is any commonality.

Then need app.log, reunion.log, audio.log, hext.log, save file as soon as it happens -

What mods you have installed would help too.

How frequent is frequent?

Haven't played much at all in the past weeks, just from the start of the game to the flashback scene in Kalm. In that amount of time, I ran into the issue five or six times.
I am running Reunion R06c (although the issue happened in earlier versions as well as I said), and I'm using Satsukis textures as a custom mod with a few additional textures that I extracted from 7th heaven mods (a new main menu background, avatars for the chars for the ingame menu).
The problem happened at various battles throughout Midgar, can't recall the specifics of most of them. But I know that the last time it happened was in the Kalm flashback, in the cave right before the scene with the Mako Fountain, and I remember another one in the train graveyard after I escaped from the sewers.

I still had a save file for that last one, so that's the one I loaded for testing it. I had some battles that finished normally, then the issue happened again. I quit the game right after it, so it is the last battle that is in the logs that produced the issue.
Logs and save file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/aenobick91nytu7/logs_and_save_file.zip/file
It's in save slot 12.

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
Quick question: is there a reason while you choose your equip/changing sword etc the menu has a big space on the left-side of the "hand" cursor.

Is that on purpose?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
need a picture. 

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
yup....  because there's nothing else to put there :P

JWK

• View Profile
So, since updating to R06c, I've had quite a few times where the game would spontaneously just up and close on me, and the recurring theme seems to be a string of errors in the app.log repeating with:

"ERROR: texture cache is full and nothing could be evicted!"

I've tried googling and using the forum search to see whether anyone else has been encountering this issue, and it seems to boil down to something with Aali's driver.  I tried to see if I could use the aali.dll, ddraw.dll, and ffmpeg_movies.dll from the previous hotfix with R06c to determine whether the error would go away, but alas, those end up with the game having absolutely no sound.

The strange thing is that sometimes I've been able to play for like 45 minutes in an area without seeing the error or a crash/force-quit, and other times, I've seen it as early as two battles in, from launching the game and loading a save.

I'm using Satsuki's fields, battle textures, and movies, with Satsuki's update of Kela51's magic textures, which I know reasonably ought to make things more demanding, but it's just in the past few days where this issue has been absolutely chronic.

Adjusting texture_cache_size in Reunion's Options.ini file seems to make zero difference to how soon, late, or randomly the issue seems to crop up for me, and I've even tried resizing the .png files from Global/Texture/World and placing them into my custom/upscale/texture/world directory, cutting down on ~60 megs of texture data, which *seemed* to help, initially.

Anyone else encountering a similar issue, or experienced it in the past and found a way around it?

skyhawk

• View Profile
So, since updating to R06c, I've had quite a few times where the game would spontaneously just up and close on me, and the recurring theme seems to be a string of errors in the app.log repeating with:
"ERROR: texture cache is full and nothing could be evicted!"

Adjusting texture_cache_size in Reunion's Options.ini file seems to make zero difference to how soon, late, or randomly the issue seems to crop up for me, and I've even tried resizing the .png files from Global/Texture/World and placing them into my custom/upscale/texture/world directory, cutting down on ~60 megs of texture data, which *seemed* to help, initially.

Anyone else encountering a similar issue, or experienced it in the past and found a way around it?
I've also encountered this, but have not posted about it because it's so random and I cannot provide steps to reproduce. I also haven't tried playing without the extra textures to isolate if they are responsible or not.

I don't think that error message is related. texture_cache_size is related to save_textures, which defaults to no. No matter what size you specify, if save_textures is no you will repeatedly get that error message.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Yeah looks like a bug...  I also spotted it other day.  I think removing logging should help in ini... just to remove the messages. Until I figure out what it is.

popup_error = n

And there's also a memory leak in battle.  Prob texture related.  Prob audio related.
« Last Edit: 2020-02-26 00:23:17 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Please install Hotfix 7 - very important, so can't wait.

26.Feb.2020   DLPB   Core (ddraw.dll)   Memory leak because audio not freed completely.  This may be what's causing the multiple music issue below.   "Fixed in HOTFIX 7
and R06d"
26.Feb.2020   DLPB   Core (ddraw.dll)   Game will try to delete options.ini at game start   "Fixed in HOTFIX 7
and R06d"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NzxVll8nSlOgdD0P4GiGORNmAbLmz_Mv/view?usp=sharing

I've also forwarded the leak report to the creator of Bass.dll
« Last Edit: 2020-02-26 13:37:26 by DLPB »

skyhawk

• View Profile
Please install Hotfix 7 - very important, so can't wait.
All hail DLPB, the mighty finder and smasher of bugs!

Recordings of Yuffie's oddly slow casting/summon animation - All were captured at 60fps

I apologize for the awkward framing - I was planning on splicing them together and making some slick presentation with timestamps on the side. Then I remembered that I have no video editing software and the video editing skills of a potato.

Mode 0 - 205 frames
Google Drive

Mode 1 - 208 frames
Google Drive

Mode 2 - 272 frames
Google Drive

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
All said and done... I doubt I'll even try to fix that - it looks good regardless and is likely due to some problem with interpolated frames being slightly out.  Obesebear would need to look at it but it's small fry.

skyhawk

• View Profile
I bring it up because the surrounding cast/summon animation only takes it's expected 3 seconds. So every time Yuffie casts anything, there's an entire second of her standing there looking stupid with me thinking "Well, come on, get on with it then...."

I agree not a huge issue, and I can certainly see it not being a code problem, but having it fixed would be nice. What's involved with these camera/animation tweaks for 60fps? I'd like to help, if I'm able. Is there a forum thread I should review?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
camera issue requires assembly changes and NFITC1 is up to speed with the code he supplied.
movement speed issues are assembly based or animation file based.

Is the repeating music issue resolved?

obesebear

• View Profile
Im on vacation until monday, but I'll try to remember to check it.  It all seems good until she raises her arm, that seems slow

Nicolo

• View Profile
Just installed the mod and registered here to report the multiple victory fanfare music bug still occurs after installing the latest hotfix. Speeding up the framerate to 8x during battle victory seems to make it more likely to occur. I have 60 fps animation interpolation turned on, don't know if it's related but not likely. What's funny is the music that gets stuck doesnt loop properly, it gets stuck in a wrong loop of a short section of the song. I also noticed more than one instance of the song can get stuck at the same time if I keep getting into battles. Becomes nightmarish after a while.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Does it happen before you return to field or after?  Explain exactly what happens in order and please post app.log, reunion.log, audio.log, and hext.log as soon as it occurs.

I really need those files and a proper explanation.  There is no way I am going to trace this without it.

Estelyen

• View Profile
Haven't had time to play again yet, so no new logs to provide, but I can confirm that it happens regardless of 60fps battles being on or off.

The order is: Battle is finished, fanfare plays. We get to get EXP screen, then the Item/gil reward screen. When we close this one, the game returns to the field and should shut down the fanfare to play the current field background music. The BGM starts to play, but sometimes (not always) the fanfare never shuts down, it just keeps playing and in some of the occurences (not always) starts to loop a small section (about 5 to 10 seconds I'd guess) of it.

Will post new saves/logs when I get time to play it again.

oblongsausage

• View Profile
I had reported this prior to R06d, but the log file wasn't working properly:

1. An explanation of the bug

The game randomly crashes after completing a battle. During the transition from the battle screen to the XP/item screens, the screen instead goes black; the fanfare music continues playing, and I get the DLPB crash message and crash to desktop after clicking OK.

2. Does the bug happen at same point more than once?

No, it seems random. It is happening less frequently, so far, on R06d than the previous version of the mod. This just happened now for the first time on R06d but happened more than 10 times on the previous version in the same playthrough, sometimes only several minutes apart from the previous crash. This time when it crashed, it had been several gameplay hours before the previous crash on R06.

3. App.log (found in root folder)

See link at the bottom of this post.

4. Reunion.log (found in The_Reunion folder)

5. crash.dmp (found in root folder)

6. Your save file from just before the crash or hang

[if this is a performance issue]
7. Your CPU spec

Intel i5 2500k

8. Your operating system

Windows 10

Here are all of the files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19c8MoLwFSQ9Dw6OeHlXjB-Pe3A6HuYyl/view?usp=sharing

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
thank you.  now that's a report.  did u use hotfix 7?

oblongsausage

• View Profile
thank you.  now that's a report.  did u use hotfix 7?

Yep.

magitek

• View Profile
R06d? Did I miss that? I only found R06c + hotfix.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Tool-The Reunion [R06c]