Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] FF8 Controller Buttons v2.0 (Compatible with FF8_Buttons Patch)  (Read 284917 times)

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Might be worth a shot... And if all else fails, I'd probably try doing everything over from scratch. Tonberry, textures, and the music. And I'd also try and validate your game files(or whatever that process is) or uninstall/reinstall through Steam to make sure all the original files are in working order. And if you're still facing this problem...I'm at a loss. Then you might have to compromise on what you want to use.

[email protected]

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2016-01-23 20:04:35 »
« Last Edit: 2019-05-06 11:29:05 by Cicciolo »

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
hey

it crashes at the launcher screen all the time for me when i use this mod

when i use the ps1 music files on my ff8 steam version without using this mod, it does not crash at all on the launcher screen

do you think i should try installing the ps1 music files first before i install this mod to see if that will work

Let me know if this works for you.  Otherwise, have you disabled the Steam Overlay?

This seems to not works with Tonberry enhanced 2.04, but only with older versions of Tonberry

You can probably use this with the older version of Tonberry just fine.  It uses the same codes and textures folders as SeeDReborn.  Just make sure you install SeeDReborn FIRST before you install the XBOX mod.  If you have continuing issues with the text or mods in the game, you can delete/reinstall the sy folder from SeeDReborn and then apply this mod.  Currently, only the 'newer' versions of Tonberry are compatible with other languages other than English.

RichterB

• View Profile
You can probably use this with the older version of Tonberry just fine.  It uses the same codes and textures folders as SeeDReborn.  Just make sure you install SeeDReborn FIRST before you install the XBOX mod.  If you have continuing issues with the text or mods in the game, you can delete/reinstall the sy folder from SeeDReborn and then apply this mod.  Currently, only the 'newer' versions of Tonberry are compatible with other languages other than English.
I don't use SeeD Reborn, because it's not in italian, but I tried to use just the SeeD Reborn hashmap file, and now it works also on Tonberry 2.04.

Puv

• View Profile
When I click either of the links it tells me the domain expired?

ZackNeji

• View Profile
Can anyone reupload them? Do the Zell's limits with pc keys is the wrost.

Please...

eclectish

• View Profile
Is there any way to get this to work with Tonberry Enhanced 2.04?

glaucao

• View Profile
Can someone reupload  these ?????>>>>> For PS3 Controllers using SpcServer

pleasee

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Can someone reupload  these ?????>>>>> For PS3 Controllers using SpcServer

pleasee

Until Mcindus has the new links for all his mods, someone has uploaded them and posted links on this page.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=391096600
« Last Edit: 2016-02-17 01:12:25 by FatedCourage »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
The links are back up!  Sorry about the delay, guys! Enjoy.

scather

• View Profile
Hello guys and thanks for all the mods you are doing! I love having the updates. I was wondering if someone could me sort a problem out. I'm using a DS4 controller just running under the default windows 10 drivers. Need need for a 2nd party software to use it! Anyways the only issue I'm having with the PSX buttons mod is that it has the main buttons swapped. X and O are swapped with each other and Square and Triagle as swapped for each other. Anyone have an idea how I can sort it out? Not sure how important this is but here are the button assingments as defined in the controller tool for windows:

X=Button 2
O=Button 3
Square=Button 1
Triangle=Button 4

Ballistic Tomato

• View Profile
For those using Logitech controllers (F310 / F710), try this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mulb26axjk2wf08/Logitech%20F310%20Controller%20Scheme.rar?dl=0

Just moved the buttons around in Photoshop so they won't be jumbled anymore. worked for me..

zaphod77

• View Profile
    • Super Сasual Dating Real Women
Logitech controllers work two ways.

when in directinput mode, which is what you should use, they are mapped same as ps3 wired controller except home button is missing.

When you use them in xinput mode, they are mapped as an xbox 360 controller, which screws over directinptut games that can't map an axis as a button.

The proper solution for those users is to use directinput mode, to get the ability to press both triggers, and then use the ps3 setup with xbox icons.

Also did some testing of my own. seems you have to do two things.
1) define the buttons in the configurator so they match default ff8 controls. 
2) use this info to pick the icons.

not all ps2 usb adapters are even consistent.  they tend to not agree on buttons 5-12.

ps3/4 ARE consistent.

here's what i've worked out.

For ps3/logitech in dinput mode
button 1=square/X
button 2 =cross/A
button 3=circle/B
button 4=triangle/Y
button 5=L1/LB
Button 6=R1/RB
button 7=L2/LT
button 8=R2/RT
button 9=select/<
button 10=start/>
button 11=L3/left click (unused normally)
button 12=R3/right click (unused normally)
Button 13=home/none

Xbox off course there's an isue with the triggers. they can't be deteced by the game.

button 1=A
button 2=B
button 3=x
button 4=y
button 5=LB
button 6=rb
button 7=back
buton 8=start
button 9=left click
button 10=right click.

ps2 converters are USUALLY, from 1 to 12
triangle
circle
cross
square
l2
r2
l1
r1
select
start
l3
r3

but sometimes these get shuffled around.

while the first four are nearly always the same, sometimes l1 is before l2, and sometimes select and start are swapped. and sometimes select is swapped with l3 and start with r3.  there are variations. i don't have as many converters as i used to so i can't document all of these.  also sometimes they disagree on which axis the right analog gets mapped to.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-24 00:45:45 by zaphod77 »

rpeopler

• View Profile
Been trying to get this configuration to work for the past couple of days to no avail. Using DS4Windows, and Tonberry 1.61 with SeeDReborn v3.2. I merged the sy folders, and I believe that I got every necessary hashmap.

However, I still see B# for my controller config in the game... older posts didn't help. Any suggestions? :(

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Been trying to get this configuration to work for the past couple of days to no avail. Using DS4Windows, and Tonberry 1.61 with SeeDReborn v3.2. I merged the sy folders, and I believe that I got every necessary hashmap.

However, I still see B# for my controller config in the game... older posts didn't help. Any suggestions? :(

I suggest using Tonberry 2.04 - see if this fixes your problem.  If not, show me a screenshot of your sy folders and your hashmap folder, along with your parent tonberry folder.

brainagogo

• View Profile
Same with me, I still see the B# for my controller config in the game even though I have downloaded all the necessary files.. here's the screenshots of my folders:
http://imgur.com/a/NWzDl

Would appreciate if you could help me out!

Thanks.

Beardface

• View Profile
Hi, I'm using a DS4, tried the PSX mapping, but X and circle are switched, so are square and triangle. I think this has to do with how Windows maps the buttons by default (square is button 1 in the control panel, x is 2, etc.). Is there an easy fix for this?

Jotaro

• Star Platinum
    • View Profile
Just change the placements using an image editing software.
Tonberry looks for a specific place in the texture maps, so just replace the placement of X and O in the .png.

I edited this to use SNES Buttons. Well, A B X and Y at least. The rest of the buttons are still PSX buttons, including Start, Select, L1, L2, R1, R2. It's also not perfect, they've got weird bright and dark spots at the edges in game, but it's barely noticeable.

Use this if you're playing with one of those Buffalo/iBuffalo USB-SNES Controllers, but beware that, since they lack second shoulder buttons you'll have to use the keyboard if you want to run away or change camera modes on the worldmap.

You can also use this if you simply like the look of SNES buttons, but the layout will probably be wrong on any other controller. Here is a list of which USB-button corresponds to which In-Game button, if you'd like to give it a try by changing your controllers inputs to the ones below with an external program:

Spoiler: Mappings • show
Controller Button 1 -> A
Controller Button 2 -> B
3 -> X
4 -> Y
5 -> L1
6 -> R1
7 -> Select
8 -> Start
9 -> R2
10 -> L2

Installation works exactly like the others. Here's the download link:
Controller Buttons for SNES

And here's the GIMP Project file if anyone wants to try and do a better job, because after all, I'm an amateur and mostly made this for myself.
GIMP project file

Alcogod

• View Profile
I have an issue here. Im using a PS3 controller with the normal drivers and ive downloaded the file and it works great. The only issue is when it comes to entering codes on the train as the circle and triangle buttons are the wrong way round, but if i go to the configuration menu it recognises them correctly. Is there a fix for this specific section of the game?

kinos

• View Profile
Hi I can not find the Final Fantasy Texture folder, is it hidden

kinos

• View Profile
Never mind figured it out some reason my computer decided to not include the folders when I down loaded tonberry.

MaSSiO

• View Profile
Hello guys and thanks for all the mods you are doing! I love having the updates. I was wondering if someone could me sort a problem out. I'm using a DS4 controller just running under the default windows 10 drivers. Need need for a 2nd party software to use it! Anyways the only issue I'm having with the PSX buttons mod is that it has the main buttons swapped. X and O are swapped with each other and Square and Triagle as swapped for each other. Anyone have an idea how I can sort it out? Not sure how important this is but here are the button assingments as defined in the controller tool for windows:

X=Button 2
O=Button 3
Square=Button 1
Triangle=Button 4

I have the same problem and couldnt fix it, the only way i guess is to edit by Photoshop and i never used PS ...  i guess am gonna have to try

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
I have the same problem and couldnt fix it, the only way i guess is to edit by Photoshop and i never used PS ...  i guess am gonna have to try

You can also use GIMP for this issue, as well.  You just have to swap the buttons around for each other.  I will be updating this mod for use with SeeDReborn 3.2, 3.5, and YagamiLight's PSX text in the next few weeks, but until then, you can just swap those icons around.  Look for the 'green' text in the sysfld00 and sysfld01 folders in the 'sy' folder and modify however you like!

Ryu Makkuro

• View Profile
I quite literally registered just to post a bit of info on the subject here.

Most drivers for the DualShock 3 and/or 4 are based on the "ScpService". The creator of that didn't update it in a long while (the original thread for that is in the PCSX2 forums), so many people went from it and did their own things, such as DS4Windows for example. I'm personally using ScpToolkit by Nefarius mainly for its support of both DualShock 3 and 4 but also for its GUI, and lack of ads, but that's beside the point.
The point here being that all of them are effectively emulating the DualShock 3/4 as an Xbox 360 controller. In other words, you're using a DS3/4 but the Operating System sees it as an X360 controller, which naturally means all the programs do that as well. The main advantage of this is the compatibility that the aforementioned gamepad has on the Windows platform. The disadvantage... well, XInput is sometimes weird. Anyway, if the driver is done properly then the button mapping is exactly the same as on the x360 side, so copying the placement from that texture is all that's needed. I did that personally, in case someone wants to try that out, here it is (all credit goes to the relevant parties, I did only small "copy, paste, resize, position" job):
- http://imageshack.com/a/img922/8140/wIl27U.png
- http://imageshack.com/a/img921/7147/Enzda5.png

Those with sharp eyes may notice, that there are no "L2" and "R2" buttons there, and that's because you can't map them with the XInput in either FFVII or FFVIII in their Steam variants. Those particular buttons are not only analogue but also mapped on a single axis, which creates its own issues for the lazier implementations of the support for gamepads. That's why I replaced those with "L3" and "R3", which for those that are familiar with Playstation button schemes are nothing more than pressing the corresponding analog sticks.

I hope this small piece of info will result in a more "plug and play" experience for those that want those Playstation button prompts. Maybe also will benefit the next versions of this mod as well, who knows :P