Author Topic: [FFVIII-PCSteam] Is it possible? Add more encounters <Solved>  (Read 2057 times)

Hazedge

• View Profile
So guys, I was looking around the Cactilio v0.2 and had to ask this.
A friend gave me the idea to add more monsters, just by copying the same ones but painting their texture to another color and making another AI.
I didnt tried it yet, don't know if the game will bug hard or anything, just wanted to know before trying this.

A) Is it possible to add more encounters?
B) Making a copy of a monster, painting with another color and putting into a new Monster Group would bug the game?

EDIT:
The monster won't show up on Cactilio v0.2 monster list =/
« Last Edit: 2018-09-29 14:02:51 by Hazedge »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FFVIII-PCSteam] Is it possible? Add more encounters
« Reply #1 on: 2018-08-29 15:28:16 »
So guys, I was looking around the Cactilio v0.2 and had to ask this.
A friend gave me the idea to add more monsters, just by copying the same ones but painting their texture to another color and making another AI.
I didnt tried it yet, don't know if the game will bug hard or anything, just wanted to know before trying this.

A) Is it possible to add more encounters?
B) Making a copy of a monster, painting with another color and putting into a new Monster Group would bug the game?

EDIT:
The monster won't show up on Cactilio v0.2 monster list =/

I tried this, and when I encountered the cactilo problem I opened the scene.out in a hex editor and manually changed the monster ID to the new one. However, booting the game with it still causes a crash. I was told that it might be due to the constant array of files embedded into the .exe:
http://wiki.ffrtt.ru/index.php/FF8/Engine_const/BattleFiles

So modifying that to take account of the new monster entry would be another step, but I wasn't able to really figure out what was going on in there.