Author Topic: [FF7PSX NTSC-U PAL-G] Modder's Resource - HiRes Cloud battle model  (Read 11867 times)

meesbaker

• View Profile
I guess everyone here is aware of the fact that there are high quality models for Cloud and Sephiroth only loaded on the final battle.

This mod actually allows you to use Cloud's better model throughout the whole game. The only problem is that this model is designed only to work when Cloud is alone in the party which is also why I am releasing this as a modder's resource. In case you are planning to create a mod where the main character is handling the combat on his own feel free to utilize this. After applying the ppf patch to a fresh ISO, extract BATTLE.X and then you can use this file for any mod you want to.

What it actually does is succesfully loading the model for Cloud from HiCloud.LZS, of course you can also put other models in there but not everything may work as I altered Battle.X specifically for the higher quality Cloud model.

Still most stuff will work for example I created a Sephiroth using Cloud's animations from the shirtless Sephiroth model, a video of this can be found in one of my posts further down.

Here are some screenshots:

The supplied ppfs can be applied to all 3 discs:

PAL German: http://www.mediafire.com/download/pk0x5i9850xt595/HICloudPalg.ppf
NTSC-U: http://www.mediafire.com/download/lln3g2g8l5wqtn2/HICloudNTSC.ppf
« Last Edit: 2014-09-24 01:12:48 by meesbaker »

Jeet

• View Profile
Good job, this model is really awsome i prefer him to the "advent children /dissidia" next gen cloud models, this one look like a true soldier (the new cloud is too androgyn just like the ff13 characters...)

too bad about the solo part, but i was aware of this since i tried the same for hi res sephiroth, finding a way to have hi cloud playable without glitches could be an huge step for the psx modding

meesbaker

• View Profile
Yeah I guess in order to find out what crashes the game when someone else is in the party we must create RAM dumps and and learn from them. As there are monsters like Bizarro Sephiroth fought by a full party it must be technically possible, maybe not the way the battle engine is written atm but there 
IS enough memory. Of course there must be a reason why Square used this model only for solo battle but maybe we can still get around it.

I hope some of our geeks who have more experience with .elf modding and RAM analysis download this and have a look at the crash(yes this is a request :D)
If we can fix Mdef we can fix this, too right guys? :D

Oh and Jeet, do you still have the altered HI-Res Sephiroth? You said only texture is wrong but Im sure I can handle this as it is working on this Cloud model as well. Simply altering Battle.X didnt do the job this time as Hi Seph is an enemy model. You said it's the animation scripts but when I swapped them for the ones found in Sephs standard model it still wont work.

My next step would be overwriting Sephs body parts with the HiRes ones like I did for the Omnislash experiment but before I go fix 94 offsets by hand I'd rather ask if you havent done this already.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-22 19:59:28 by meesbaker »

Jeet

• View Profile
unfortunally i dont have one anymore, its been one year now and i deleted every "glitchy" models, i remember have messed up with the file trying to have the texture working, and then deleted it, i know its very long to change every offset, its took me a lot of hours :/  sry about that

the best method for hi sephiroth is to swap playable sephiroth bones, because if you use the "enemy " sephiroth, he wont have his magic animation, hi sephiroth have only the physical attack animation, unfortunally thats the longest method too ( about the animation script u have to swap the offsets+ animation scripts of a playable character, and add+10 to the very first value of the character file, i think lazy bastard called it the "number of section value")

meesbaker

• View Profile
Alright, thx for the info. In that case I will take care of it myself ;)

meesbaker

• View Profile
Well, I have the HiRes Seph working with textures and all parts and Cloud's animations!! I only swapped out the nude body cuz it looked better this way...Look here:

http://youtu.be/0DRepMAw7Ck

Jeet

• View Profile
waow look really cool like this, maybe this one dont crashes in team since you give him a low q torso?

meesbaker

• View Profile
If that was true Id have added it, sorry. But I believe this one works on psp it even worked in LZS viewer!?

I think Ill make a field Sephiroth from the material for HEROES demo and alter my Sephiroth patch for a solo play because those models are really worth it :D

EDIT: Yeahhh the Sephiroth from the video actually worked on my SCPH-1002 so it works on physical PSX and PSP consoles! ;)
« Last Edit: 2014-09-24 00:57:26 by meesbaker »

meesbaker

• View Profile
I have the Ultimate Weapon working with the HP related color change on the HI Sephiroth model :)

http://youtu.be/QScoUjYFsG0

Jeet

• View Profile
field model+battle model+ultima weapon= badass   

i wasnt fan of the basic short haired sephiroth until i saw this one lol

just the field model have black shoulders, its should be grey? nice works anyway thats look really cool

meesbaker

• View Profile
field model+battle model+ultima weapon= badass   

i wasnt fan of the basic short haired sephiroth until i saw this one lol

just the field model have black shoulders, its should be grey? nice works anyway thats look really cool

Thank you :)

Actually it's one shoulder that is black and what it should be is skin colored. The arms of the HI Sephiroth battle model do not have shoulder plates but in Field I could not perfectly convert this as the arms are from Clouds hq field model which has one shoulder plate.

I thought about coloring it like his skin but that looks pretty crippled. I found this black color to be the best solution as it mostly looks like his shirt was just a little longer there or something. If you play on PSP or PSX the 320x240 resolution covers those minor glitches anyway cuz you dont see what's going on with those pixels anyway lol.

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
The tricky part is finding the best spot to attach the hair to.  The coat tales is another tricky part but otherwise easy to do.  On the pc one it is anyway can only imagine what it is like for you guys.  Good job by the way.

hi-def cloud seems to work if you have him in the middle and have someone on the top and have the bottom character slot empty
« Last Edit: 2016-01-03 23:04:22 by reversebustersword »