Author Topic: Kingdom Hearts Cloud Battle Model  (Read 177851 times)

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
Re: Cloud Replacement Model * (Now with Sephiroth too!)
« Reply #100 on: 2008-06-09 19:08:28 »
I just said that there really isn't much of a point for this thread.

In other words...pointLESS.

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2008-06-09 19:12:49 »
No, that would mean I said "there is no point to this thread".
It's pretty obviously two different things. Not much of something doesn't mean NONE of something. :S
Not sure what you're trying to do there. Trying to tell me what I, myself, said? Nice try.

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2008-06-09 19:15:47 »
Yeah, I like to try.  If you say something that someone else started doesn't have much of a point, or is pointless or WHATEVER your little mind decides it's going to force you to type, then your a jackass. :-D
Appz started this to show us his creations.  If your going to say there's not much point, then it's not even negative feedback, it's just needless, you could even say, there's not much of a point in posting such a message.

So, I'll leave you to contemplate my really difficult to understand post, and see what your under-developed brain comes up with as a response.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2008-06-09 20:34:50 »
Why post it if I'm not gonna share it? I'm sharing the pictures, more importantly, the posed properly rendered pictures. Like the promotional renderings for most games, posters and the like, they look much better than the actual gameplay, You don't get to see that much quality in-game (Well maybe not a valid analogy anymore, times are changing) But I'm hoping that makes my point clearer.

but maybe I should get off my arse and release that buster sword I made! I was gonna touch it up a bit first, and never got around to it. Considering I used screen shots from Crisis Core for the gold part because I didn't have a proper high-rez picture to actually see those twirly details on it. Now that I do, I'll redo that part.

This thread will have the RELEASE of my Buster Sword model, which only took maybe half an hour to make. And considering how much faster I'm getting at inputting characters into FFVIIPC, I might make some other characters, Like Vincent! Which would be from scratch based on my knowledge of KH models. I could potentially release him, just making releases is usually more trouble than what I get out of it. But we'll see...

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2008-06-09 20:48:26 »
If you release the Buster Sword, all good, thanks in advance. :-D

Just, as you know, there will be certain people who still ask for your character models ripped from KH2. :-P

As for the Vincent thing, what exactly do you get out of releasing it?  Other than possible agro from Squeenix?  I mean, I know you said build from the ground up and everything, but wouldn't they still send a C & D out, because it's their character and whatever?
Mind you, on that basis, I suppose they would order a C & D on your Buster Sword, and come to think of it, Reunion, PrP, and NPC-rp, so actually, never mind haha.

But, seeing as I've been telling certain ass bags to make models themselves instead of complaining about others making them and displaying them, I just ordered 3ds max (new vers) from Amazon, and as soon as it's here, I plan to start my own models.  I shall be sure to show the results for those who APPRECIATE it.

Good work Apz by the way. :-D
« Last Edit: 2008-06-09 20:50:20 by *:.Griever.:* »

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2008-06-10 01:25:43 »
Correct me if I'm wrong,  but I don't think anyone would have a beef with things I made myself from scratch. The copyrighted problem lies in the model I extracted that was made by the development team.

I don't think any whistles would be blown if I posted it to be downloaded free of charge. If I asked for money, then it would be illegal. But I don't think allowing people to download something I made is against any law. I give full credit to the originators who designed and modeled the characters first.

But I could be wrong, at least it worked for my Doom Reborn project. But that's an American company who encourages people to modify their games. Whole other can of worms. But I don't think releasing my work, even if it's based on original design, is gonna push any legal buttons.

edit: PS.

I would love to see your work! :wink:

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2008-06-10 02:53:56 »
The whole "I can't release this because it uses copyrighted material" has been a recurring theme. It's massively annoying, but ultimately we all get it. Most of these people are just hoping you'll break down and release them to shut them up. I'd be lying if I said I'm not hoping you'd feel rebellious for a day and release all of it. But it is what it is, and you're not obligated to fulfill anyone's wishes. Your Cloud is by far the best one I've seen. If I wanted to nitpick, I'd say I've always disliked the KH faces for him. One of Sephiroth's pauldrons also appears to be on backwards. But overall it's excellent.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2008-06-10 03:28:40 »
Well thank you, that's pretty much the same way I feel. I don't like repeating it any more than you like reading it! 8-) I've said it about 4 times in a row now. I just don't care about the whole copyright thing. It's not a big deal to me. I'm not exactly proud of this achievement, if I made it myself I would be. Why share something I'm slightly ashamed of? Not that I really feel shameful, but I'm not all that proud about it either. Just the "Poster Poses" fully rendered pictures. Those make me happy!  :lol:

The pauldrons aren't backwards, that's just the rotations of the original animations. Those tiny details weren't on the original, so it didn't look odd to rotate them that way. Actually the front and back are identical, mirror image flipped style :wink:

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2008-06-10 03:42:03 »
Context has been stolen! Yuffie may be responsible... *shifty eyes* :P

Qhimm tension is something I'm used to as a lurker here, so don't expect me to be surprised when I hear unwarranted flames and such. Qhimm is famous for it in the FF community, and it makes things interesting.
I'm grateful for the work being done all over this site, but I did not register here to get tied up in forum drama. I'm here because I want to help others and because I want to see some of the neat stuff being done.

To the OP: you seem like a nice guy. :) Keep up the good work, and I'm looking forward to the Buster Sword release (yours looks really sharp).
To some other guys: Come on, put away the knives.

apz freak

• View Profile
~*(BUSTER SWORD RELEASE)*~
« Reply #109 on: 2008-06-11 03:18:13 »
~*(BUSTER SWORD RELEASE)*~

:edit: I changed the links to Filefront thanks!  :-D

http://files.filefront.com/APZBusterSwordzip/;10588421;/fileinfo.html

Now have fun!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: 2008-06-11 06:27:38 by apz freak »

narcku

• Like what?
    • View Profile
Why not try filefront ?

www.filefront.com/

• View Profile
Awesome.  Thank you Apz. :-D

Fenrir

• View Profile
I made a sandwhich  :-D and very much enjoyed it, Thanks appz freak!

Cazador

• View Profile
I'm pretty sure Squareenix wouldn't even bother with a C&D as long as you give them credit and don't make money off of it.

auxili160

• View Profile
Best buster sword I've seen. Great work! :mrgreen:

RED X

• View Profile
apz freak

Please tell me how to make Sephiroth model like yours?? :?

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2008-06-12 02:48:33 »
Wow, these look so amazing. The buster sword is just gorgeous.

Very very attractive work.

I might do this again one day and release them, now I have a full time job though so I never have any time to do anything. But yeah I don't think I would be too fussed with what square would think of what I'd done with their models now.
Oh don't tease me. I remember drooling over your work too. I still think about how good your stuff looked  :-)

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2008-06-12 08:21:50 »
What I did here wasn't that special. It doesn't make the game any better. I tweaked the game to see what it'd look like. That's pretty much it.

The pictures are really the only thing worth it. They look cooler than watching the same old animations over and over but with prettier pieces.
He's quite right really.
Unless of course you changed "EVERYTHING" over, but that would be allot of effort.
Great work all in all though, it looks cleaner than mine did, but I did the whole quantity over quality thing lol.

auxili160

• View Profile
These models are beautiful, but I love how Cloud looks in ffvii. The version you did looks a little too Kingdom Hearts-y. :P

Edit: I'm talking about the character models, not the buster sword. Your buster sword rocks. :P

Zell-Madness

If I knew how to use 3DS Max I so would! I'd loive to make my own models for the game and play as me or something like that haha
If anyone wants to help me learn then you guys rule haha!

I think the buster sword looks pretty darn nifty!

apz freak

• View Profile
I'm glad you guys like the Buster Sword!  :-D

Okay now, now that I have your attention, maybe one or two of you guys could lend me some advice...

I'm finally inputting those chibi field models into the game, I got them all in, but I have a few problems.

2 Things...

1) The head blinks with the eyes, I set the head texture to the same slot as the mouth, but the whole head blinks and disappears when the eyes blink. The eyes are edited to a different mesh with a different texture. The head has it's own separate texture in the same spot where the mouth texture usually is, the mouth doesn't blink with the eyes, but why does my whole head blink instead of just the eyes texture.

Eyes set to aabb.tex and the head set to aabd.tex
@RSD940102
PLY=AABA.PLY
MAT=AABA.MAT
GRP=AABA.GRP
NTEX=2
TEX[0]=AABB.TIM
TEX[1]=AABD.TIM

2) There's no lighting/shading whatsoever. I ran a test blank white texture and it was completely white with no shading at all... How can I fix this?

With the whole head, I assume not much can be done, but I know for a fact the shading is fixable, I just can't figure out why the lighting's disabled!?

Anybody with experience that can help? Squeeble? Weemus? Reunion? Anybody?

slayersnext

• Not gonna hold back!
    • View Profile
1. If you want to aboid the blink, you must put an invisible .p file as a head, and then select this .p file and click on "add part to the bone file", select the Cloud's head and save the field model. When Kimera ask "Compile multi-P bones in a single file?, click on "NO" and then retexture the new "aaaf1.rsd" file (for Cloud's head). With that, only the invisible .p file will blink.

2. Another option is make the default Cloud's head .p file with only the eyes and then click on "add part to the bone file", and select a Cloud's head textured whit a different .rsd file and a new .tex where Cloud has closed eyes. With that, when Cloud's eyes blinks (dissapears), the head with the closed eyes still appears in screen XD.
« Last Edit: 2008-06-14 11:07:57 by slayersnext »

apz freak

• View Profile
Thanks alot! That works, I had already edited the eyes to a different texture and different mesh than the head. So now he blinks convincingly... That problem's covered...

And what about the the zero shading/lighting?

auxili160

• View Profile
Ah the blinking problem. I hope the new version of NPCRP comes out soon (it's already done apparently) because the blinking is really horribly annoying.

apz freak

• View Profile
Well I got the blinking problem solved, I just need to know why it's not shaded.

I made a quick texture of the same solid colors to see how it was shading... No it's not, those are the same colors as the original.

I'm sure somebody knows why!