Author Topic: FF8 on Win XP with dual drives problem  (Read 2841 times)

vkfreelancer

FF8 on Win XP with dual drives problem
« on: 2006-03-02 07:17:09 »
I install the whole game with the optional game date.  When it ask for disc 1 where disc is already in one of the drives, it keeps saying wrong disc. Wtf ? Compatibility settings are a joke.
i have 2 cd drives and 2 virtual drives
2 harddrives. 1 internal and 1 external

Mod Edit: Moved to Game-Tweaking

atzn

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2006-03-02 10:23:26 »
You have to run the FF8 disc from the drive you installed the game.

Either that, or you can modify the registry to point it to your favoured drive.

vkfreelancer

« Reply #2 on: 2006-03-02 16:47:09 »
Ok I already did the registry thing and it still doesn't work

atzn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-03-02 20:43:10 »
Hmm, that's odd. It worked for me at least.
Are you mounting the FF8 CD images through your virtual drive (Made from CDs) or are you running it directly off a CD/DVD drive?

If you're running directly off a CD/DVD drive I think your disc could be the problem. But that's my guess, it could be something else.

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
« Reply #4 on: 2006-03-03 04:10:54 »
Actually, this was a problem I experienced awhile ago.. I never solved it because I only installed it on a whim and didn't feel like troubleshooting it..

I've seen this come up though here, and IIRC the solution was farily simple, I just can't recall what it was..

Unfortunately a search didn't help me either.. It could very well be a corrupted disc.. (I'm really hoping that's not the case because mine probably suffers from the same thing)

I'd try to re-install the game again, but I really hope someone remembers what the solution was for this issue.. (I may actually be remembering something closely related to this being resolved as well.. It's been a long time)