Author Topic: [FF7][FAQ] 7th Heaven Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 531680 times)

Scrat

• Don't eat yellow snow... even if it might be beer!
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [FF7] Tifa's Final Heaven - 7th Heaven Mod Tutorial
« Reply #525 on: 2015-06-21 18:20:28 »
I've never heard before of enemies always attacking only one character, so not sure what a solution could be for that. I do advise in getting rid of Red Werewolf and CHaOS for now. The next update is going to remove their categories from the Catalog, and I will put their models and features into some of the other categories after some thorough testing. If you want to help with that, I may be able to set you up with a test Catalog for it.

Always happy to help! I was kinda wondering what my function here would be whilst square are remaking the FF7 universe... I didn't even finish my scene :P

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #526 on: 2015-06-21 19:47:16 »
Okay, I seem to be having all sorts of problems now. I got a new rig designed for Gaming with Windows 8.1 . Installed my Steam edition of FF7, played it once, then tried to convert it. I had the disk added to a drive, ran it and it kept giving me a lot of access is denied stuff along with select a sound device.   Wouldn't let me run the FF7 config because it did not write a registry key.  Has anyone suffered this? xD

simone115

• View Profile
« Reply #527 on: 2015-06-22 13:21:27 »
Hi again  ^_^ this time I don't have a problem thanks to EQ2Alyza but I'm here to inform you that the problem behind the battle encounters MAY be the menu overhaul...in fact I deactivated it and now it works perfectly fine.  ;D

Daniish

« Reply #528 on: 2015-06-23 05:37:15 »
My movies folder is empty, so no videos play. Sad, followed all steps...

By the way, how do I start from scratch without needing to re-download all the mods? I don't want to redownload them again, that was a pain... must be a solution :(
« Last Edit: 2015-06-23 05:49:41 by Daniish »

Scrat

• Don't eat yellow snow... even if it might be beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: 2015-06-23 19:38:47 »
I've never heard before of enemies always attacking only one character, so not sure what a solution could be for that. I do advise in getting rid of Red Werewolf and CHaOS for now. The next update is going to remove their categories from the Catalog, and I will put their models and features into some of the other categories after some thorough testing. If you want to help with that, I may be able to set you up with a test Catalog for it.

Did this, fresh reinstall, ran registry clean up and ccleaner. Then installed all mods except red and CHaOS. Now enemies attack Tifa until I use cure magic, then they attack barret and they alternate target every time I use cure. I then installed CHaOS again and this made everyon attack Tifa, no change on cure.

I have just uninstalled all mods and now it goes back to alternating target. Do the mods leave any trace when the are deactivated? I shall run another fresh install anyway to see if I get the same error on the steam vanilla and then again after I convert the game.

Oh man, I have derped so hard.

there is no problem, Tifa just has crap stats. After I levelled a bit and balanced the team, everything is fine. Derpy derpy derp
« Last Edit: 2015-06-23 21:47:27 by Scrat »

wvnative

• View Profile
« Reply #530 on: 2015-06-24 15:48:27 »
Need help, I followed everything step-by-step but the game won't boot with 7th heaven. It says unable to locate registry key. Please Re-install Final Fantasy VII. Then I get a pop up that says "insert disc 1, 2, or 3 and try again"

What am I doing wrong? I installed it outside the program folders, and properly assigned 7th heaven to the proper game folders. What am I missing?

If it matters, it's the steam version and i'm running windows 8.1.

I have crappy internet so i'd really rather not reinstall if at all possible...

Tako

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: 2015-06-24 22:52:17 »
Hi again  ^_^ this time I don't have a problem thanks to EQ2Alyza but I'm here to inform you that the problem behind the battle encounters MAY be the menu overhaul...in fact I deactivated it and now it works perfectly fine.  ;D

Hi everyone
I had the same problem as you: wrong enemies in some battles if menu overhaul mod is active. I've just uninstalled the game (2012 Steam), cleaned the registry, and reinstalled the 1998 version, and those battles show the correct enemies now, with menu overhaul mod active, so I suppose it has something to do with the game version.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #532 on: 2015-06-25 00:14:50 »

I wouldn't doubt this. For the next update, I have removed some files from MO that were unnecessary. The files removed do have the potential to mess with the battle encounters.

My movies folder is empty, so no videos play. Sad, followed all steps...

By the way, how do I start from scratch without needing to re-download all the mods? I don't want to redownload them again, that was a pain... must be a solution :(

I don't know why your movies file is empty. If you do a full install, then the original movies (.avi files) will be there. The downloads are inside [gamedir]\mods\7th Heaven, so you can save them before doing a reinstall. I don't recommend this though because the next update is changing the file compression and will require everyone to download the Catalog again. Pain or not, there is no way of avoiding it.

Need help, I followed everything step-by-step but the game won't boot with 7th heaven. It says unable to locate registry key. Please Re-install Final Fantasy VII. Then I get a pop up that says "insert disc 1, 2, or 3 and try again"

What am I doing wrong? I installed it outside the program folders, and properly assigned 7th heaven to the proper game folders. What am I missing?

Did you not use the Game Converter from STEP 1?

Hi everyone
I had the same problem as you: wrong enemies in some battles if menu overhaul mod is active. I've just uninstalled the game (2012 Steam), cleaned the registry, and reinstalled the 1998 version, and those battles show the correct enemies now, with menu overhaul mod active, so I suppose it has something to do with the game version.

It's possible for now, but I've removed files that were unnecessary for MO in the next update. The files removed can cause wrong battle encounters, so hopefully the next update fixes the issue.
« Last Edit: 2015-06-25 00:21:17 by EQ2Alyza »

wvnative

• View Profile
« Reply #533 on: 2015-06-25 00:46:19 »
I wouldn't doubt this. For the next update, I have removed some files from MO that were unnecessary. The files removed do have the potential to mess with the battle encounters.

I don't know why your movies file is empty. If you do a full install, then the original movies (.avi files) will be there. The downloads are inside [gamedir]\mods\7th Heaven, so you can save them before doing a reinstall. I don't recommend this though because the next update is changing the file compression and will require everyone to download the Catalog again. Pain or not, there is no way of avoiding it.

It's possible for now, but I've removed files that were unnecessary for MO in the next update. The files removed can cause wrong battle encounters, so hopefully the next update fixes the issue.

Yes, I used the game converter.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: 2015-06-25 01:33:48 »
When you ran the Game Converter, did you have a drive renamed to FF7DISC1 or mount the blank ISO I provided? That same drive needs to always be named FF7DISC1 when you run the game.

wvnative

• View Profile
« Reply #535 on: 2015-06-25 01:56:21 »
My main HDD is named FF7DISC1

Daniish

« Reply #536 on: 2015-06-25 04:16:32 »

I have the original 1998 PC Game, they are 4 CDs. FF7INSTALL, FF7DISC1,FF7DISC2, FF7DiSC3.

To install the game I need to run FF7INSTALL disc, and the Full Installation says this "Installs every data about the game in your hard drive. Movies will run from CD-ROMS"

So, I don't know what can I do :C

Another problem encountered besides no-movies (just seeing black screens with audio) on the first fight there is some ninja girl that Insta Kill me, I re-installed multiple times and always keep that error, so that's why I left trying on 7th Heaven, and needed to go back to Bootleg :(

PS: You were never inactive on Qhimm :O ? I made a tutorial for bootleg back on 2012, and then u made it super pro haha I still remember that haha
« Last Edit: 2015-06-25 04:21:17 by Daniish »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: 2015-06-25 04:37:03 »
My main HDD is named FF7DISC1

Open your FF7_GC.log in Notepad and copy the contents of it here. It should look something like this:

Code: [Select]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FF7 GameConverter, Version 7th Heaven
Creator: Kompass63
Editor: EQ2Alyza

Start running at    Date: Sun 03/01/2015    Time:  3:24:33.52
Active code page: 437
ActualPath C:\Users\Angela\AppData\Local\Temp\7ZipSfx.000

You are running "Windows 7 Ultimate" on a 64 Bit Operating System (AMD64)

Real Management 32Bit WOW64

This patch is already applied.
Variables are taken from GameConverterKeys.

Unpatch?
Overwrite?
End?
Selection is:   Overwrite

Patching...

Copying Registry Keys...

Setting GC Registry Keys...

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\GameConverterkeys

Setting language to en...

Detecting drive letter for FF7 Discs...

Drive letter for FF7DISC1 --- X:\

Movies path found at...

"C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\movies\"

Copying English Files...

Copying 1.02 patch for ff7.exe...

Copying Aali's Custom Driver, version 0.8.1b...

Adding more Registry Keys...
Adding Registry Keys to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII
Adding Registry Keys to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\1.00\Graphics
Adding Registry Keys to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\1.00\MIDI
Adding Registry Keys to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\1.00\Sound
Adding Registry Key to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\FF7app.exe

Please check over the settings for FF7Config...

1) Sound tab should have a Sound device set. Do NOT leave it blank.
2) Perform the Sound and MIDI tests.
3) Graphics tab can be ignored.
4) Click OK when finished.

Inserting Multi.dll, Hext.dll, and Languagefile...

Patching FF7anyCDv2...

Install the Laptop Keyboard Patch?
(Choose YES if keyboard does NOT have a NUMPAD)
NO

Patching complete.

I have the original 1998 PC Game, they are 4 CDs. FF7INSTALL, FF7DISC1,FF7DISC2, FF7DiSC3.

To install the game I need to run FF7INSTALL disc, and the Full Installation says this "Installs every data about the game in your hard drive. Movies will run from CD-ROMS"

So, I don't know what can I do :C

Another problem encountered besides no-movies (just seeing black screens with audio) on the first fight there is some ninja girl that Insta Kill me, I re-installed multiple times and always keep that error, so that's why I left trying on 7th Heaven, and needed to go back to Bootleg :(

PS: You were never inactive on Qhimm :O ? I made a tutorial for bootleg back on 2012, and then u made it super pro haha I still remember that haha

You can always open up the discs and copy the movie files (.avi) into the movies folder -- [gamedir]\data\movies
I would check FF7_GC.log in Notepad to make sure it found the movie path.

Yes, I remember you too. I noted you in the credits for my Bootleg Tutorial :)
« Last Edit: 2015-07-17 17:05:31 by EQ2Alyza »

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #538 on: 2015-06-25 15:32:10 »

Looks like i'm not the only one with the issue.

Here's my file

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start running at    Date: Thu 06/25/2015    Time: 10:12:38.05

You are running "Windows 8.1" on a 64 Bit Operating System (AMD64)

This patch is not yet applied.

Steam is installed in "C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII"

Installation path found at...

"C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII"

If an installation path IS found, press ENTER.

If an installation path IN NOT found, TYPE IT IN and press ENTER.

EXAMPLE: "C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII" (parenthesis included)

Patching...

Copying Registry Keys...

Drive letter for FF7DISC1 --- F:\

Movies path found at...

Backing up files to be modified...

Backing up more files to be modified...

Copying English Files...

Adding Registry Keys to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\1.00\Graphics
Adding Registry Keys to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\1.00\MIDI
Adding Registry Keys to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\1.00\Sound
Adding Registry Key to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\FF7app.exe

Patching FF7anyCDv2...

NO

Patching complete.

Check FF7_GC.log for details.

called with ""C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Local\Temp\7ZipSfx.000\FF7_GameConverter_7H.bat""
Arguments: "C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Local\Temp\7ZipSfx.000\FF7_GameConverter_7H.bat"

PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE:          x86
PROCESSOR_ARCHITEW6432:          AMD64
Actual Path:                     C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Local\Temp\7ZipSfx.000
Product Name:                    Windows 8.1
Architecture:                    AMD64
Running in Modus                 32Bit WOW64
OS Bit Version                   64
Reg-Keyname Steam                HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 39140
Reg-Keyname Re-Release           HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{141B8BA9-BFFD-4635-AF64-078E31010EC3}_is1
Reg-Keyname 1                    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.
Reg-Keyname 2                    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\FF7app.exe
Reg-Keyname 3                    HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Square Soft, Inc.
Steam Release is present:        Yes
Steam Release Path:              C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII
Re-Release is present:           
Re-Release Path:                 
Original Release is present:     
Original Release Path:           
Destination Path:                C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII
Source Path:                     C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII
Videos Path:                     C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\movies
Original Videos Path:             
Original Language                en
Converted Language               en
Original Drive Letter:           
Converted Drive Letter:          F:\
and now clear up Variables...
Ending at           Date: Thu 06/25/2015    Time: 10:12:50.22

« Last Edit: 2015-07-17 17:06:30 by EQ2Alyza »

wvnative

• View Profile
« Reply #539 on: 2015-06-25 15:50:48 »
Open your FF7_GC.log in Notepad and copy the contents of it here. It should look something like this:

Start running at    Date: Sun 03/01/2015    Time:  3:24:33.52

You are running "Windows 7 Ultimate" on a 64 Bit Operating System (AMD64)

This patch is already applied.
Variables are taken from GameConverterKeys.

Unpatch?
Overwrite?
End?
Selection is:   Overwrite

Patching...

Copying Registry Keys...

Drive letter for FF7DISC1 --- X:\

Movies path found at...

Copying English Files...

Patching FF7anyCDv2...

NO

Patching complete.

You can always open up the discs and copy the movie files (.avi) into the movies folder -- [gamedir]\data\movies
I would check FF7_GC.log in Notepad to make sure it found the movie path.

Yes, I remember you too. I noted you in the credits for my Bootleg Tutorial :)

Here is mine.

Start running at    Date: Mon 06/22/2015    Time: 11:50:59.66
ActualPath C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Temp\7ZipSfx.000

Steam is installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII"

Installation Path = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII

WARNING: Game is installed in a system folder...
This can potentially cause some modding errors...

Copy game files over to C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII?
YES
Copying game files to C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII

Patching...

Copying Registry Keys...

FF7 Discs not found, trying again...

Please rename a drive as "FF7DISC1"

Drive letter for FF7DISC1 --- C:\

Movies path found at...

"C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\data\movies\"

Copying English Files...

Patching FF7anyCDv2...

NO

Patching complete.

called with ""C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Temp\7ZipSfx.000\FF7_GameConverter_7H.bat""
Arguments: "C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Temp\7ZipSfx.000\FF7_GameConverter_7H.bat"

Actual Path:                     C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Temp\7ZipSfx.000
Reg-Keyname Steam                HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 39140
Reg-Keyname Re-Release           HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{141B8BA9-BFFD-4635-AF64-078E31010EC3}_is1
Reg-Keyname 2                    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\FF7app.exe
Reg-Keyname 3                    HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Square Soft, Inc.
Steam Release Path:              C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII
Re-Release is present:           
Re-Release Path:                 
Original Release Path:           
Destination Path:                C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII
Source Path:                     C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII
Videos Path:                     C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\data\movies
Original Videos Path:             
Original Drive Letter:           
Converted Drive Letter:          C:\
Ending at           Date: Mon 06/22/2015    Time: 11:54:50.01

« Last Edit: 2015-07-17 17:06:53 by EQ2Alyza »

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #540 on: 2015-06-25 16:28:46 »
Here is mine.

Start running at    Date: Mon 06/22/2015    Time: 11:50:59.66
ActualPath C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Temp\7ZipSfx.000

Steam is installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII"

Installation Path = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII

WARNING: Game is installed in a system folder...
This can potentially cause some modding errors...

Copy game files over to C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII?
YES
Copying game files to C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII

Patching...

Copying Registry Keys...

FF7 Discs not found, trying again...

Please rename a drive as "FF7DISC1"

Drive letter for FF7DISC1 --- C:\

Movies path found at...

"C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\data\movies\"

Copying English Files...

Patching FF7anyCDv2...

NO

Patching complete.

called with ""C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Temp\7ZipSfx.000\FF7_GameConverter_7H.bat""
Arguments: "C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Temp\7ZipSfx.000\FF7_GameConverter_7H.bat"

Actual Path:                     C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Temp\7ZipSfx.000
Steam Release Path:              C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII
Re-Release is present:           
Re-Release Path:                 
Original Release Path:           
Destination Path:                C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII
Source Path:                     C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII
Videos Path:                     C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\data\movies
Original Videos Path:             
Original Drive Letter:           
Converted Drive Letter:          C:\
Ending at           Date: Mon 06/22/2015    Time: 11:54:50.01

You know what I think? I think it might be the windows smartglass or our UAC.

wvnative

• View Profile
« Reply #541 on: 2015-06-25 16:30:19 »
I have all that crap at low-level/turned off.

Dunno what else to do, suggestions?

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #542 on: 2015-06-25 16:38:52 »
I wish I knew man. I just went from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1 with my new Dell Alienware X51 R2.  it's a challenge all on it's own. Thankfully I gots me 16 GB of ram, I7 quad core processor, Nvidia GTX 960 .   Can't beat that for a stock when the ratings are from 8.3 to 8.5.

wvnative

• View Profile
« Reply #543 on: 2015-06-25 16:40:01 »
Sorry if double posting is bad but I got it to work! I just re-ran the game convertor as an adminastrater and everything worked.

But I have other problems now. My numpad is acting as the arrow keys instead of the actual arrow keys... and there was no sound on the opening credits. Haven't started a new game yet...

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #544 on: 2015-06-25 16:44:04 »
Run it as Admin...OKAY NOW I FORGOT.

wvnative

• View Profile
« Reply #545 on: 2015-06-25 16:45:48 »
You forgot how to do it?

Right click on the FF7 game converter and click run as administrator.

If you get the game to boot, let me know if you have the issues i'm having.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #546 on: 2015-06-25 16:48:30 »
Oh non no no I just forgot about the admin thing. xD You forget certain things when moving to new stuff.

wvnative

• View Profile
« Reply #547 on: 2015-06-25 16:57:31 »
Gotcha.

Just played the first battle, I have no music and now that I look at it, the music folder is empty... how did that happen?

The game also won't recognize any inputs outside my numpad, I don't wanna play with the numpad...

Also, my battle UI strongly resembles Final Fantasy IX, I prefer the original look. What mod do I disable to restore the original UI while keeping the sleeker look of everything else like the main menu/dialogue boxes?

And which mod will give me higher quality battle models?

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: 2015-06-25 17:02:28 »
Gotcha.

Just played the first battle, I have no music and now that I look at it, the music folder is empty... how did that happen?

The game also won't recognize any inputs outside my numpad, I don't wanna play with the numpad...

Also, my battle UI strongly resembles Final Fantasy IX, I prefer the original look. What mod do I disable to restore the original UI while keeping the sleeker look of everything else like the main menu/dialogue boxes?

And which mod will give me higher quality battle models?

Chaos gives the best looking models while retaining the original view. Except there is no cartoonish view to it if you get the idea. Look in your music settings for VGMstream, install the sound stuff from the catalog.  Or, manually install the music stuff from the latest Anxious Heart mod.

Considering the sleek look, to quote a dude off of Family guy:  There was no way.

wvnative

• View Profile
« Reply #549 on: 2015-06-25 17:14:28 »
Changed music plugin to none, which got me music, but no sound effects lol.

I'm downloading the music mods now.

Any ideas about the keyboard?