Author Topic: A question about The Reunion.  (Read 4958 times)

weltall

• View Profile
A question about The Reunion.
« on: 2016-01-16 12:32:35 »
Hello there and sorry if the answer is way too obvious. I am about to start a new game and it will include  Beacause now. My question comes from the difficulty mod. Obviously since I am using some of the Reunion parts, I am guessing that I should choose; [One of the difficulty offered] + The Reunion. But I want to make sure that this is what i should choose, because from another point of view it feels I am choosing the difficulty I want + all The Reunion changes that it offers a not just compatibility with it. Sorry if it is explained somewhere and I did not see it.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-16 15:03:39 by weltall »

walkinghawking

• Weapon killer
    • View Profile
Re: A question about The Reunion.
« Reply #1 on: 2016-01-16 19:29:32 »
I believe the [Difficulty] + The Reunion is just the Beacause portion of Reunion.  The other Reunion options you will select from the appropriate Reunion IRO if desired.  You will also need to set your 7H client to use the ff7_bc.exe instead of the normal FF7.exe.  Do note, that there are some random encounters that may cause the game to lock up with some of the difficulty mods.  In my case, a battle scene in the Mt. Nibel area caused my game to crash when I had Hardcore + Beacause selected.  To proceed, you will need to select just the difficulty mod without Beacause selected, then change it back after you pass the section.

weltall

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-01-16 19:36:46 »
Thanks for the reply walkinghawking. The only one I care for is Scene Redux honestly, which is as I remember the one I used to alter the loot. I really prefer stealing over randomly trying my luck.  So I am guessing sine I am using Beacause I will use the + The Reunion option. I will keep in mind though that if I will use a difficulty option that gets me locked up, I will turn off Beacause and try, and after turn it back on. Thank you so much for the help :)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 2016-01-16 22:54:26 »
Whenever you choose a Gameplay + Reunion option, 7H will automatically activate the parts necessary within The Reunion - Beacause and Menu Overhaul. This was done so that questions like this don't have to be thought about. Select Scene Redux + Reunion and go see how Beacause and Menu Overhaul get grayed out :)

weltall

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-01-16 23:51:43 »
Ah I see. I think it is because when such a thing happened before, a warning appeared, so since I did not see one here, I did not think to check. >.< Sorry for that. Btw, really nice how now mod are interacting with each other, making sure the user does not make mistakes :) Thanks a lot for the answer and the features!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-01-16 23:56:09 »
Yep, that warning only pops up the first time. All there after, you see the message inside the Configure Mod window at the bottom of the preview pane.

weltall

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2016-01-17 00:03:50 »
You do? As in the text that explains the option and what it does you mean? If you mean that, there are no descriptions weirdly in the difficulty options. I remember what they do, but I think I remember the difficulties used to have descriptions. Now it is blank. So if you mean the description mentions it, at least for me it does not. The rest of the mods have normally the descriptions and they mention if they disable something for compatibility.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-17 00:09:30 by weltall »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2016-01-17 00:25:11 »

That is what I mean. In Gameplay - Difficulty and Story, I have selected Scene Redux + Reunion, so now in The Reunion category, you can see the message in the bottom-right of the preview pane saying it can't be changed due to compatibility with Gameplay - Difficulty and Story. So 7H selected it automatically and then grayed it out so that the user can't make the mistake of disabling Beacause when it has to be enabled to work with Scene Redux + Reunion. I think you understand what I mean, it's just tricky to word what it's doing.

As far as descriptions for the mods go, some have a Readme that will show links to the full description. Gameplay - Difficulty and Story has a Readme for sure.

weltall

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2016-01-17 00:36:24 »
Indeed there is a txt for that. Also I thought you meant the message popped in the difficulty and not in the Beacause - Menu Overhaul one. Ok now I finally get it XD :) Thanks once more a lot for al lthe replies and the help!