Author Topic: ff7input.cfg  (Read 8028 times)

royalmurder

• View Profile
    • Ian Merryweather
ff7input.cfg
« on: 2011-11-22 22:50:57 »
So... I've been trying to find out how to edit this myself, but I can't find anything and resorted to registering on the forum to ask. Hopefully I won't regret this  ;D

Basically, I want to change it from the default numpad keys to other keys on my non-numpad-inclusive laptop keyboard, 'cause carting around my controller everywhere I want to play is tedious, and the game seems to not save my key config changes ???

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: ff7input.cfg
« Reply #1 on: 2011-11-22 22:53:43 »
You can download another ff7input.cfg on the forums for laptops. I don't remember where though.

*thinks about coding something for this*

royalmurder

• View Profile
    • Ian Merryweather
« Reply #2 on: 2011-11-22 23:53:48 »
I did try doing this, but all the files I found "No longer existed" / "Were not found" on the dl sites...

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-11-23 00:21:31 »
Here's the original Laptop Keyboard input.cfg file for Final Fantasy VII.
This configures the controls for keyboard that does not have a dedicated number pad.
I discovered that you still need the number pad when entering a character's name when you first meet her.

Laptop_Keypad_patch.zip                                         Configure FF7 Controls for Laptop            FILE

royalmurder

• View Profile
    • Ian Merryweather
« Reply #4 on: 2011-11-23 03:12:51 »
Cheers!
I also noticed that when I first played through (I was on campus and 'liberated' a keyboard), but I found that pressing Esc takes you to the Select option, which is really handy, 'cause the name editor only types letters onto the name when the cursor is on the alpha section ;D