Author Topic: FF7 problems with Wutai quest  (Read 5244 times)

Uwantachat1

FF7 problems with Wutai quest
« on: 2002-08-15 08:31:42 »
When I go on the quest to Wutai, after I have caught Yuffie and she is telling my characters that she is all bummed out having no materia and that Wutai sucks, she tells me that in order to get my materia, I need to pull the switch. Albeit strange, for some reason my game will not let pull the switch, right or left. No screen appears asking which switch to pull and I have tried the machine from many angles and distances. Any suggestions. I am using Windows XP and the full install. I used some download to change the way Cloud looks so that he now looks like Sephiroth. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #1 on: 2002-08-15 12:20:56 »
I used some download to change the way Cloud looks so that he now looks like Sephiroth.

First, I guess you should make sure you're pulling the right switch.  And you might try disabling your Sephiroth patch to pass this part?

Rubicant

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2002-08-15 18:30:22 »
Have you been able to pass that part before you got that patch? There is actually a help topic at Eidos.com specified on that switch. Wiggle cloud/sephiroth around with the directional buttons until you get it. And..if it comes down to it..change your controls. If you are using those stupid default controls you are insane. Playing with those controls is just carpal tunnel waiting to happen. Only bass players should have that hand position...ever. Try using the arrow keys as the directional buttons..

or else do what aaron said.

Uwantachat1

Thanks for your help
« Reply #3 on: 2002-08-16 23:45:47 »
Thanks for the tips, and I agree the original configuration is hell on the hands. Another question. I am having a problem with my first stop to see Lucrecia with Vincent. She says "Stay back"or something and then my screen goes white and sometimes the music freezes or it continues playing. Often I will get an error message from my windows screen and sometimes the program shuts down completely and goes to windows. Any ideas?

Rubicant

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2002-08-17 00:44:08 »
That is probably some sort of display problem. Try changing your display settings in the ff7 setup. If that doesn't work try changing all of your ff7 setting around. If that doesn't work try your video card's display settings.
If that doesn't work try updating all of your hardware. If that doesn't work.....resinstall windows?

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #5 on: 2002-09-17 22:20:36 »
It has to do with how you responded to Yuffie.....the direction you were facing her when you responded to her. I think if you circled around to face her, the direction of the levers gets messed up. It's a glitch of some sort.

So, anyway, if you face away from the levers and hit the enter button....it should work.