Author Topic: Eden Savage Raid Prog & Hand strain advice please!!  (Read 2650 times)

AdonisReed

• View Profile
Recently, as a result of investing way too much time and energy into Eden savage raids (the E5S-E8S, although I've paused at E7S), I've started experiencing right hand and arm pain. I usually use my right hand for mashing abilities buttons while my left takes care of WASD controls, but the former has consequently been very strained (not sure if it's the beginning of carpal tunneling or RSI). I've taken a week off and will continue to do so until the pain reduces a bit--and at this point, my hand/arm just feels sore and heavy. If and when I go back to progging, does anyone have any advice/precautions or tips about how to advance these raids and game-playing in general to prevent it from happening again? I'm more casual but recently became super into high end raiding (played for 6-8 hours all day, pretty much nonstop. That was a mistake), but should I buy a brace? A keyboard, and if so, any recommendations? Any suggestions would be appreciated! :D

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: Eden Savage Raid Prog & Hand strain advice please!!
« Reply #1 on: 2020-06-05 20:42:17 »
I have a medical advice (I'm not a medical expert though) based on personal experience with continuous heavy lifting @work (10-12 hours daily with 3 15-20 minutes breaks for a serious period of time, months). After injuring my back I researched on painkiller/anti-inflammatory creams etc and discovered an ancient Hippocrates recipe with application instructions. Of course I wouldn't follow that exact recipe but I researched on the main ingredients and found  a very good natural body cream product which is still keeping me going! I have no back/muscle pain issues anymore, in combination with healthy diet of course, but if that helped me with the hard working I think it may help with your little issue.
That's what I got:
https://www.pharm24.gr/pharmalead-thermo-active-cream-1lt-p-10964.html

It's quite cheap for 1litre and it contains the natural ingredient with the Latin name "Arnica" which was used from the ancient father of medicine with the name Hippocrates to treat severe rupture
cases.

Not sure if any of the wrist support gloves will help in your case (in my case helped a lot wearing a back support belt since I maintain wrong body positioning and heavy lifting almost throughout the whole day) but here is an article I just found related to esports injury issues:
https://www.performancehealth.com/articles/esports-injuries-pain-relief-for-repetitive-strain-injuries-rsi
https://www.gameseverytime.com/best-gaming-gloves/
« Last Edit: 2020-06-05 21:22:18 by LeonhartGR »

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-06-06 00:43:30 »
Do you know what the English name of that cream is?  Might be something another person I know could use.

AdonisReed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-06-06 11:03:34 »
Recently, as a result of investing way too much time and energy into Eden savage raids (the E5S-E8S, although I've paused at E7S), I've started experiencing right hand and arm pain. I usually use my right hand for mashing abilities buttons while my left takes care of WASD controls, but the former has consequently been very strained (not sure if it's the beginning of carpal tunneling or RSI). https://snaptube.cam/https://9apps.cam/ I've taken a week off and will continue to do so until the pain reduces a bit--and at this point, my hand/arm just feels sore and heavy. If and when I go back to progging, does anyone have any advice/precautions or tips about how to advance these raids and game-playing in general to prevent it from happening again? I'm more casual but recently became super into high end raiding (played for 6-8 hours all day, pretty much nonstop. That was a mistake), but should I buy a brace? A keyboard, and if so, any recommendations? Any suggestions would be appreciated! :D
thank you my issue has been solved

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #4 on: 2020-06-07 00:07:11 »
Do you know what the English name of that cream is?  Might be something another person I know could use.
I've tried a lot of different brands. Only this "Thermo active" by "pharmalead" worked for me, the exact 1 litre product code.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2020-06-07 21:28:31 »
I've tried a lot of different brands. Only this "Thermo active" by "pharmalead" worked for me, the exact 1 litre product code.
Bummer... I've seen capsaicin creams around, but none that anybody's actually recommended, and I'd be afraid of ordering the wrong stuff online since my only experience with the Greek language has been through math and engineering classes.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #6 on: 2020-06-08 00:53:31 »
Let me pull myself together since a lot has been going on lately and I may be able to assist you. Maybe order it for you and post it via mail. But you may need to cover the shipping charge in that case. So I'm not so sure if it's a win for you. You may also put the link in google translator create an account and place an order. If you meet any difficulties you can always call them. They all speak English.
Their email address: [email protected]
Call center: +302735400149
The website has a live chat feature on the bottom right corner as well.
« Last Edit: 2020-06-08 00:58:55 by LeonhartGR »