Author Topic: [FF7PC] ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven  (Read 496849 times)

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
Re: Improved and added unshaded characters
« Reply #200 on: 2013-07-23 19:57:33 »
I am uploading an English version of Kaldarasha's Reworked flevel that is packed along with his latest ModManager Unshaded Models release. Will need some testing, then I will attempt to release versions in Spanish, French and Italian. Since I only speak English this may be difficult (but probably not since ToughScript does all the work)!

Most of these error messages are harmless, but im concerned about the one in md7.
Code: [Select]
blin67_2 patch failed, not original script
chrin_2 patch failed, not original script
cosin1_1 patch failed, not original script
ealin_2 patch failed, not original script
elmin4_2 patch failed, not original script
elminn_1 patch failed, not original script
frcyo patch failed, not original script
fship_4 patch failed, not original script
games_2 patch failed, not original script
gongaga patch failed, not original script
goson patch failed, not original script
kuro_4 patch failed, not original script
lastmap patch failed, not original script
Error in mds7: Incorrect number of entries: 74/73
min51_1 patch failed, not original script
psdun_2 patch failed, not original script
Anybody know if that's OK or not? I guess I'll go test that scene but it may not be right this minute.

Anyway, please back up your flevel.lgp file and replace it with this one to test (it needs to be compiled with ulgp). You need a full install of his latest UMC. It should give you slightly bigger field models more like the PSX as well as a corrected Aeris death scene and some other goodies. Obviously this flevel, it is not compatible with Aeris Revival. Not yet, anyway.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-23 22:34:35 by Template »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2013-07-23 22:40:06 »
I believe it's a good idea to put the battle animation files into the New Animation package as well. This would fix/prevent any problem with other models which have problems with wrong animations, as long it's loaded first.

So far there is one thing I noticed though, on Barrets field model the gun isn't straight. When he moves it'll show holes right now. Simple fix though, just needs to be rotated +5 on the Y.

The new idle animation has a different 'arm to hand' angle, I have fixed both the model and the animation.
However you should use the mod manager. It's pretty easy to use and it contains some bonuses. More user of it, means more feedback to Iros.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2013-07-23 23:07:55 »
Dang the file I have uploaded is working fine after encoding English text to your flevel, Kaldarasha... but when I save games they come up in German. Anyway to fix that easily?

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #203 on: 2013-07-23 23:20:24 »
What bonuses come with the manager? Do the files in the wrapper package include anything that wasn't in the unwrapped file? I started with a fresh install and bootleg run, using the bootleg base model option, then installed the unshaded models. The only thing I left out was the base model file since it's basically the same thing bootleg already installed. So otherwise it should be a full package installation. I like the idea of a model manager that you can swap out models with without reinstalling all the other game components but I'm iffy actually running the game through another application. Plus I'm not sure how it works with the 2012 version. If I launch the game using the ff7.exe instead of bootloader the only changes it'll show are the character models. The background, sound, and everything else only work with bootloader.

The new battle animation (rtda) will work with the classic model, TA, and the fmv model. The classic needs small adjustments to the left hand, but otherwise looks great. Taller models with altered skeletons don't work as well. The legs and lower chest look ok, but the sword is too low and the shoulders don't line up with the chest.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2013-07-23 23:24:40 »
Plus I'm not sure how it works with the 2012 version. If I launch the game using the ff7.exe instead of bootloader the only changes it'll show are the character models. The background, sound, and everything else only work with bootloader.
Eh? This is not my experience at all.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2013-07-23 23:34:29 »
Eh? This is not my experience at all.

You mean when you actually use the game exe, with the square enix menu and everything? Weird, well either way that's what it does for me so using bootloader in some way is necessary. Otherwise it's just like the Steam version right now.

So I'm confused about Barret, has the animation been fixed or is it supposed to be? The wrapped unpacked post hasn't been updated so it's still the same. You're right, it's the idle animation, because with the fix I did his gun is now crooked when he walks and runs.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2013-07-23 23:46:19 »
You mean when you actually use the game exe, with the square enix menu and everything? Weird, well either way that's what it does for me so using bootloader in some way is necessary. Otherwise it's just like the Steam version right now.
After bootleg runs on the 2012 versions, there will be a regular old ff7.exe placed in your game directory. Use that, the launcher is now useless.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2013-07-23 23:50:13 »
I tried that. Asked about game disks. It hasn't been a problem since I don't care about achievements and cloud saving. Plus I like being able to use debug options in the bootloader for troubleshooting.

I'm fixing the idle animation by the way. I can upload it when I'm done.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-24 00:00:31 by cmh175 »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2013-07-24 00:00:47 »
I tried that before posting. Asked about game disks. It hasn't been a problem since I don't care out achievements and cloud saving.
I think we're getting our telephone wires crossed. I don't care about those either, and after bootleg they don't work. There's about 1 gig worth of files you can delete after bootleg because they were for the rerelease and aren't needed.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2013-07-24 00:15:21 »
They might if I use the ff7launcher exe. Seems to load the game like nothing's changed. It'll have anything I put in the lgp files, but none of the extra mods. I'm not too concerned about that though, although I probably cant use the new mod manager till it's able to lgp the models.

So is there any difference between the unwrapped package and the new model manager package? Also how about the flevel you're translating? Is that any different than mine after adding the flevel files to it and recompiling it?

I fixed Barrets idle animation. Damn, 100 frames just to have him stand still and breath lol. Animation is much harder work than modeling. The new battle animation you guys did seems even more impressive after just correcting his arm 100 times for him to stand still.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lq84xccd4cwhv82/adcb.a
« Last Edit: 2013-07-24 00:18:38 by cmh175 »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2013-07-24 04:47:11 »
New version of the EnglishReworked flevel from Kaldarasha

Makes the character models larger and does some cool transparency stuff as well as fixing Aeris Death scene. Pretty much same as last version but compiled text without Aeris Revival installed just in case.
Tested issue with German save games again, and it has magically solved itself! Love it when that happens.

ProtoX

« Reply #211 on: 2013-07-24 08:47:04 »
You guys rely too much on lusky's tools. I get no problems  by using alai's lgp/unlgp which relys on cmd.exe command promt. I may use old school ff7 tools but they work better then luskys.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-24 08:48:38 by ProtoX »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2013-07-24 11:09:27 »
@cmh175
There are some things I can't do without the mod manager. Like swapping a battle model in game.
I haven't used much this ability, but there are some things I would like to do.
The only new of the base mod is, that I prelighted the textured vehicles on the world map.

If I launch the game using the ff7.exe instead of bootloader the only changes it'll show are the character models.
There must be another FF7.exe, which bootleg loads. I had read an post from Vgr, who's talking about different moded FF7 installments in one. I believe the exe and certain other files needed to be copied and renamed.

Bootleg is a good start for those, who moding ff7 the first time. But if you are knew what you are doing, you better run without it. I hope the Bootleg as we knew it, will be replaced through the mod manager. Why? Because it is easier to maintain through the moder and the mod manager developer. This means on the other hand no more waiting for a next release of bootleg to get new models and fixes. But it's a long way until this will happen.

I fixed Barrets idle animation. Damn, 100 frames just to have him stand still and breath lol. Animation is much harder work than modeling. The new battle animation you guys did seems even more impressive after just correcting his arm 100 times for him to stand still.
There is a propagate frame option. Check it and every frame after the one you edit will have the new angle. Safes often time, but it's easy to forget, that it's on.

@Template
I need to update the flevel to enable the the transparency in the temple for the rest of the characters.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2013-07-24 12:02:23 »
@Template
I need to update the flevel to enable the the transparency in the temple for the rest of the characters.
I'm not willing to spoil it, but I want to point out that this scene is really awesome the way he set it up in the Reworked flevel. Someone unfamiliar and epic makes an appearance.

There are some issues with character placement that I'm interested in before going through the trouble of translating the flevel (with Luksy's ToughScript) to 3 more languages. I checked out the scene where the Sephiroth "sack" drops and Hojo is kinda hopping around like the animations have been affected by his size adjustment.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-24 12:57:20 by Template »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2013-07-24 13:48:01 »
You guys rely too much on lusky's tools. I get no problems  by using alai's lgp/unlgp which relys on cmd.exe command promt. I may use old school ff7 tools but they work better then luskys.

Aali's ulgp has a few bugs in it... luksy's does not.  It's an update for Aali's lgp and I've had no issues with it at all. Also, luksy's is both a cmd and a main util.  You can use the exe from the command line, or click on it to get GUI.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2013-07-24 13:52:08 »
Aali's ulgp has a few bugs in it... luksy's does not.  It's an update for Aali's lgp and I've had no issues with it at all. Also, luksy's is both a cmd and a main util.  You can use the exe from the command line, or click on it to get GUI.
You're killing me Dan... I'm like following you around agreeing with your posts right now.

I like uLGP .7 by Luksy

It's very important to encode to a brand new lgp file when using uLGP .7 because it will NOT overwrite files in an already existing lgp file. So, for example:

Here I've manually typed in the destination lgp file to be encoded as C:\battle.lgp
Notice there isn't a file there that exists already.

Here the file has been encoded and appears in the C: directory, ready to be moved to the correct game data folder

And here I've replaced the original battle.lgp (notice I've renamed it battleBACKUP.lgp at the top of the list) with the newly encoded file.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-24 13:58:49 by Template »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2013-07-24 13:57:48 »
There is a propagate frame option. Check it and every frame after the one you edit will have the new angle. Safes often time, but it's easy to forget, that it's on.

I thought of that but that sounds like it copies the frame to all the others right? Wouldn't that cause him to stand absolutely still, removing the animation of him breathing? Or would it just alter the position of his arm? I'll feel silly if so.

I agree strictly using bootleg is good for brand new users just starting out. I actually just use it now to install all the extra mods, I don't use any of the bootleg character models. I like the bootloader though since I can also adjust the resolution and shading options, not to mention the debug tools. Does the new manager have these features too? I do actually use aalis lgp tool, I'm not even sure which one is Luskys. It maybe more difficult for newbies so a mod manager is a great idea, but I make changes to the lgp files all the time so I'm used to it.

I'm not willing to spoil it, but I want to point out that this scene is really awesome the way he set it up in the Reworked flevel. Someone unfamiliar and epic makes an appearance.

There are some issues with character placement that I'm interested in before going through the trouble of translating the flevel (with Luksy's ToughScript) to 3 more languages. I checked out the scene where the Sephiroth "sack" drops and Hojo is kinda hopping around like the animations have been affected by his size adjustment.

Is this strictly in the flevel.lgp in the wrapper package (that said "my flevel") or is this also included in the flevel folder in the unwrapped package? If not let me know when the English version is ready, or if you need any beta testers. Also if it's a whole flevel.lgp to over write the current one does it include the Vincent animation fix at Aeris death scene? The flevel folder in the unwrapped didn't so I had to add it.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2013-07-24 14:00:39 »
I thought of that but that sounds like it copies the frame to all the others right? Wouldn't that cause him to stand absolutely still, removing the animation of him breathing? Or would it just alter the position of his arm? I'll feel silly if so.
Well, don't feel bad. I had the exact same experience. Started working on Cloud, sent Kaldarasha some files, and he could tell I wasn't using it. It does actually fix the remaining frames according to your changes, while maintaining the animations movement, but it's important to use it only on frame 0, so none of the frames "tick" (Kald says frame 0 isn't even actually used in the game... weird huh?)

Is this strictly in the flevel.lgp in the wrapper package (that said "my flevel") or is this also included in the flevel folder in the unwrapped package? If not let me know when the English version is ready, or if you need any beta testers. Also if it's a whole flevel.lgp to over write the current one does it include the Vincent animation fix at Aeris death scene? The flevel folder in the unwrapped didn't so I had to add it.
Kaldarasha did not include the Reworked flevel in the unwrapped package. I need to make a new version, which is what I'm off to do now. I was using the previous version of ToughScript, which DLPB has recently pointed out on the ToughScript thread.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-24 14:08:07 by Template »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2013-07-24 14:07:35 »
I don't really know the difference between the two. All I know is aalis does what I need it to and hasn't failed on me yet. I work in IT though so I'm pretty used to the different cmd lines.

Well, don't feel bad. I had the exact same experience. Started working on Cloud, sent Kaldarasha some files, and he could tell I wasn't using it. It does actually fix the remaining frames according to your changes, while maintaining the animations movement, but it's important to use it only on frame 0, so none of the frames "tick" (Kald says frame 0 isn't even actually used in the game... weird huh?)

Oh, well awesome than. I wasn't sure if it would do that or not so that's cool. Kimera's even better than I thought. That simplifies the hell out of animation editing.

Kaldarasha did not include the Reworked flevel in the unwrapped package. I need to make a new version, which is what I'm off to do now. I was using the previous version of ToughScript, which DLPB has recently pointed out on the ToughScript thread.

Oh ok cool. Let me know if you need help testing or anything.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-24 14:10:32 by cmh175 »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2013-07-24 15:12:30 »
The biggest improvement of my flevel.lgp are the new model sizes. Most times they are bigger.
There are some fixes I have done, the animations are fixed and there shouldn't be a second buster sword when Cloud is crawling to Zack (if you are using Cloud with buster sword equipped). And at last I implement a model for young Cloud.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2013-07-24 15:21:22 »
As I come to understand the latest release more, I see how absolutely essential the 7thWrapper modmanager is to the overall mod package Kaldarasha has made here.

The reworked flevel.lgp make the models bigger and the functions of the wrapper allows the game to replace models in certain scenes; like the Young Cloud version from the big Kalm flashback has black clothes and a different pauldron (the armor on one shoulder thing) both in field and in the battle scenes where Sephiroth is in your party. These things are not possible without using the wrapper. Also, good lord it's easy to turn the mod on or off or change the "config" settings. It's brilliant. We're already running ff7 through other apps if we're using ff7music, and the wrapper can point to ff7music which points to ff7. No prob.

Here's the corrected English Reworked Flevel. It needs to be encoded with uLGP or something similar. This flevel is not compatible with Aeris Revival at this time.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-24 15:27:41 by Template »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2013-07-24 15:28:52 »
Ok very cool. I like those changes. How much bigger are the models though? I assume the Cloud with equipped buster sword is aaaa.hrc still right, and the one for the flash back is one of the extra ones like aaab.hrc?

By the way sorry I keep asking this but I don't understand  how there's somethings you cant do without the model manger. Other than having to launch the game through the 7thwrapper isn't it just basically a new way to add new models to the game? It actually sounds like it works similarly to bootlegs direct folder. I like that it has preview pictures when you make changes to cloud, like swapping out the swords and stuff which is good for newbies, but I just as easily did that with kimera. I actually prefer that control it gives me, like I used most of the new animations but swapped cloud running for the one Bloodshot did. It's a great new application that some may prefer, but I'm not so sure it'll be able to fully replace bootleg. Does the 7th wrapper recognize the mod file with all the background pngs? It maybe a good idea to have a complete unwrapped download for those who prefer to lgp their files.

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Files for the file god! Mods for the mod throne!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2013-07-24 15:32:56 »
It is like the direct folder, except that you can easily turn mods on/off without having to copy/move files around, and also certain files can be changed based on variables in the game - e.g. what location you are in, the game time, plot progress, love points, etc. Or provide a number of files and swap between them randomly, so you have 2 or 3 models for a particular enemy, and the mod manager cycles between them randomly.

For any of that to work of course the mod author has to add support for it into their mod :)  But I think that just being able to try a mod out without editing any files (and having to restore from backups if you don't like it, or want to use a new version) is also useful :)

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2013-07-24 15:53:13 »
Being able to randomly load different models for a particular enemy model sounds pretty cool, do we really have extra models like that though? The changes based on variables in the game sounds cool, but is also very confusing. Isn't that sort of thing just handled by the flevel? An easier way to test and or turn models on and off is a good idea for beginners but the direct folder does the same thing. I'm not trashing the idea of a new mod like this, hell bootleg probably started out the same way, I'm just trying to understand what the actual difference is. As for a character mod project, making this solely dependent on a new model manager that doesn't incorporate the other improvements doesn't seem like a good idea. I'll play with the 7th wrapper to provide feedback since this can become a helpful application, but I also don't want to be dependent on it. Otherwise if I'm to be honest I'd just copy the files from the wrapper to my lgp files so I can use them with the improved mods from bootleg. 

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Files for the file god! Mods for the mod throne!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2013-07-24 15:58:30 »
The idea isn't that the end user would configure all these variables - it's that the mod author would. So they can (e.g.) create a mod which displays a different model for Cloud for before/after he falls into the Lifestream (or after Aeris's death, or....). You might be able to change the field model in the flevel, if you edited every location he can visit, but you can't change the world map or the battle model that way. If you let the wrapper handle it, then you can change those things, and also you can change the field model without editing every flevel file (which is a problem if you want to install it at the same time as another mod that also wants to change flevel!).

There's also no reason it won't work with mods installed manually. Obviously if you install a mod through bootleg that actually changes the LGP files, you can't deactivate that mod with the mod manager, but the mod manager will still work.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-24 16:00:09 by Iros »