Author Topic: Sqlogo crash, no videos??? [... Problem has disappeared]  (Read 2315 times)

Silent Warrior

• View Profile
FF7 (en) 1.02 + Remix with FMVs
Win7 64
Radeon HD 6850 1 Gb
4 Gb DDR3
ASUS Xonar D2/PM

I don't know how much else you need, anyway - this seems related to codecs... I couldn't find any other topic that seemed to deal with this problem. But let's go from the top.
I'm in the process of downloading all the stuff I need for the Bootleg 036 installer, so this might not be an issue for long, BUT: When I install FF7 Remix (not in the default location: C:\Final Fantasy VII, shortcuts and registry entries corrected, not using the batch files to launch the game on account of always losing my ff7input.cfg) and run it, I get a crash ('Oops! Something bad happened...'), and the APP.log suggests there's a problem with sqlogo.avi. Alrighty. Rename, make an empty text file named sqlogo.avi, no more crash!
But then I discovered I don't get any FMVs AT ALL - they are found in the proper path, but all I see in game are big red text blotches informing me that the movie couldn't be opened. The appended log comes from a run where opening.avi crashes. Maybe h264/AAC is the problem? Has anyone solved this by using some codec pack or other? Or NOT using codec pack x? I don't really know how the bundled FFmpeg movie plug-in works...

Code: [Select]
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series 4.2.11318 Compatibility Profile Context
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x1024, output resolution 1280x960, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: Shader limits: varying 128, vert uniform 16384, frag uniform 16384
INFO: vertex shader compile log:
Vertex shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.

INFO: fragment shader compile log:
Fragment shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.

INFO: main program link log:
Vertex shader(s) linked, fragment shader(s) linked.

INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r19334, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
ERROR: couldn't open movie file
ERROR: couldn't open movie file
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
INFO: C:\Final Fantasy VII\Data\movies\opening.avi; h264/aac 1280x896, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 119.533333, frames: 1793
ERROR: unhandled exception

Oh, right, I forgot about this little thing: There is absolutely no change when I set the movie directory to the one on the CDs. It doesn't sound like the CD is even accessed, although I have to confess I'm sitting with headphones on listening to something else entirely. What in the blazes is up?
« Last Edit: 2012-01-02 09:33:22 by Silent Warrior »

Silent Warrior

• View Profile
Re: Sqlogo crash, no videos???
« Reply #1 on: 2012-01-01 17:35:58 »
*Groan*
Okay, Bootleg is now installed, if perhaps not quite perfectly, and now the game crashes while the sound is initialized... With FF7Music, it happens after sound is initialized (log line reading 'sound initialized'), with FF7Music commented out it happens after MIDI is initialized... Right, I'm taking this to the Bootleg topic. Close/remove/point your fingers and giggle at this as you desire.

[Edit] ... WHY THE #¤&¤${€ does everything have to be so weird?? I just reapplied Bootleg with a few more 'enhanced movies', and everything works! Well, the music doesn't, but I'll hammer it into submission. No more problem, it seems...
« Last Edit: 2012-01-02 09:32:57 by Silent Warrior »