Author Topic: [FF7] Tifa's Final Heaven Issues  (Read 4493 times)

Whelhelm

• View Profile
[FF7] Tifa's Final Heaven Issues
« on: 2019-08-12 11:36:24 »
Long story short I followed the video until I got up to the subscription/catalog download mod section.
I go to download the mod, it fully downloads the file, then crashes.

"System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'SharpCompress, Version=0.23.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=afb0a02973931d96' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
File name: 'SharpCompress, Version=0.23.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=afb0a02973931d96'
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Install.InstallModProcedure.ProcessDownload(Object state)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
"

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: [FF7] Tifa's Final Heaven Issues
« Reply #1 on: 2019-08-12 12:30:11 »
What video did you follow?

Whelhelm

• View Profile

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-08-13 03:52:34 »
Strife just reverted the FAQ to point to a slightly earlier revision, which should be functional.  Delete everything 7H related (except the IRO files themselves, you can manually re-import them and save the download) and start back at step 1 of the FAQ

Whelhelm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2019-08-13 06:03:42 »
Uhmm.. I'm not sure what you mean by that exactly.. can I just delete everything and follow that faq now? Sorry, I'm kinda new to all this, thank you for your help.

Whelhelm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2019-08-13 07:53:36 »
Also i just read the FaQ and im not sure any of those apply to me other than a full reinstall maybe?

Just ran the key registry clear, redid all the steps, same issues.

System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'SharpCompress, Version=0.23.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=afb0a02973931d96' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
File name: 'SharpCompress, Version=0.23.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=afb0a02973931d96'
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
« Last Edit: 2019-08-13 08:04:48 by Whelhelm »

Garrickus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2019-08-13 11:15:08 »
Uhmm.. I'm not sure what you mean by that exactly.. can I just delete everything and follow that faq now? Sorry, I'm kinda new to all this, thank you for your help.

The download link for 7H in the FAQ has been rolled back to an earlier version, so delete everything to do with 7H(that isn't mods themselves) and follow the FAQ again with the earlier version of 7H.

Whelhelm

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2019-08-13 14:16:38 »
I did that, and got the same message. ill try it again.

Trial #3:

System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'SharpCompress, Version=0.23.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=afb0a02973931d96' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

« Last Edit: 2019-08-13 14:42:00 by Whelhelm »

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2019-08-13 17:17:18 »
I got a note from turBoss saying a version leaked out that didn't include the decompression library.  Working on getting that fixed...

Whelhelm

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2019-08-13 17:57:12 »
Alrighty, I'll be patient and wait for that. Hopefully that fixes it! :)
Any estimate how long that will take? a week or something?

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2019-08-13 18:07:21 »
Any estimate how long that will take? a week or something?
When it's done ;)  You can always follow the github page, but realize that what's there might not have been put through the wringer yet.

Whelhelm

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2019-08-13 21:36:08 »
is this not the same link that is in the forum: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0
?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2019-08-13 23:52:14 »
Please don’t use the github page as your main client. You can follow its progress and do internal testing/feedback, but it’s not ready for a full public release. All of the issues we’ve seen this summer are because RC versions were linked without testing. After Catalog 3.0 releases this month, 7H will be getting a lot of attention. Obviously, it needs fixes and updates. Be patient and don’t rush.

Whelhelm

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2019-08-14 00:26:54 »
Ok, so when you say dont rush, is there another option for me to take currently? or are you saying don't rush meaning I have to wait for this 3.0 release?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2019-08-14 01:26:57 »
Don't rush meaning, things are getting out of hand with all the RC releases, and everyone is rushing to use whatever build others are suggesting. We're creating our own implosion because there just isn't enough testing with the RC versions yet. I personally use a 1.56 build from 2017, and don't face these issues, so I'm thinking we'll need to revert back to that and forget all the small, picky features that have been added in the RC builds until they're ironed out and ready for release.

I'll look at it tonight when I get home and get back to you.
« Last Edit: 2019-08-14 01:31:57 by EQ2Alyza »

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2019-08-14 02:40:53 »
Don't rush meaning, things are getting out of hand with all the RC releases, and everyone is rushing to use whatever build others are suggesting. We're creating our own implosion because there just isn't enough testing with the RC versions yet. I personally use a 1.56 build from 2017, and don't face these issues, so I'm thinking we'll need to revert back to that and forget all the small, picky features that have been added in the RC builds until they're ironed out and ready for release.

I'll look at it tonight when I get home and get back to you.
I'd suggest going back to 1.54 and having done with it until we're ready for a real, well-tested release... the more TurBoss and others are digging in, the more they're finding things that are out of date, deprecated, or just plain wonky. 

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2019-08-15 02:57:02 »
Ok, so when you say dont rush, is there another option for me to take currently? or are you saying don't rush meaning I have to wait for this 3.0 release?

Try the 7H download in the tutorial again. It's downloading (Animations, Battle Models - Characters, Battle Models - Enemies) without a crash for me.