Author Topic: [WIP/REL] Millenia's custom models - CLOUD SWORDS RELEASED 30/4  (Read 377410 times)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #475 on: 2010-04-30 18:54:53 »
It depends if they use the same name for the texture file. If they do you would have overwritten it.

BloodShot

• View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #476 on: 2010-04-30 19:18:19 »
So I tried installing these, then re-installing APZ's Buster Sword texture, because I wanted to keep that one, and...well, it didn't really work. Is there a way to do so, or are they just incompatible somehow?

You have to remove Millenia's Buster sword if you want to use APZ's texture.

Reason being APZ textured the original low poly buster while millenia made a whole new model.

RandomNumber

Millenia's custom models
« Reply #477 on: 2010-04-30 19:35:18 »
Well what happens is, if I install all of Millenia's files except rtck, which I use APZ's for, Millenia's swords look fine, but the Buster's texture is a garbled mess.

If I have Millenia's files except both rtck and rtad, then the Buster looks right, but Millenia's swords all look wrong.

So I'm guessing it's all or nothing, huh?

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #478 on: 2010-04-30 19:45:37 »

basicly since the apz buster sword and millenia's use the same file for their texture.

total9999

• Pirate
  • arrr matey!
    • View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #479 on: 2010-04-30 21:22:05 »
good work :D

Immortal Damyn

• Lord of the Twilight
    • View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #480 on: 2010-05-01 05:14:51 »
I feel like a complete idiot for asking this...but... where am I supposed to put the weapon files for Cloud?

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #481 on: 2010-05-01 05:25:34 »
Download the installer i made. It does it all for you.

secondadvent

• View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #482 on: 2010-05-01 05:46:57 »
It seems as if thrown weapons are still using the old models/textures from what i can see, maybe they are just located in a different location than the normal equipped weapons? I was just randomly throwing stuff to see if the textures were on them as well, but it seems as if they are not (i even threw a weapon that i had equipped, that was obviously using the new textures but the thrown weapon had the older version).

just throwing it out there, not sure if this was known or not already.

Edit: i think they ARE the updated models, but i dont think throw uses the same textures, as the colors and such are off when thrown (maybe they use a different set of textures/change the coloring on the current textures?)
« Last Edit: 2010-05-01 05:57:04 by secondadvent »

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #483 on: 2010-05-01 08:23:05 »
So I tried installing these, then re-installing APZ's Buster Sword texture, because I wanted to keep that one, and...well, it didn't really work. Is there a way to do so, or are they just incompatible somehow?

If you want to use APZ's sword with my other ones, you'd have to edit his model (rtck) to use the third texture slot (rtae) instead of the second one (rtad).

Clouds texture files are rtac and rtad. Originally rtac is used for the eye(s) and belt and rtad for the mouth. Apz uses rtac for the whole cloud model texture and Millenia uses rtad for all the swords textures. Thats why both can be used at the same time without overwriting textures. Maybe Millenia forgot to add clouds mouth texture in rtad aswell.

These are meant to be used with APZ's Cloud so it won't look right with the default Cloud without changing some things. I was originally gonna take the screens with APZ's cloud but I was having some technical difficulties so I went with the original one.

It seems as if thrown weapons are still using the old models/textures from what i can see, maybe they are just located in a different location than the normal equipped weapons? I was just randomly throwing stuff to see if the textures were on them as well, but it seems as if they are not (i even threw a weapon that i had equipped, that was obviously using the new textures but the thrown weapon had the older version).

Edit: i think they ARE the updated models, but i dont think throw uses the same textures, as the colors and such are off when thrown (maybe they use a different set of textures/change the coloring on the current textures?)

Weird, I'll have to look into this.

PS: I uploaded SL1982's installer to my FTP, should be a bit better than megaupload. Link in first post and here:

http://millenia3d.net/ff/cloudswords_installer.rar
« Last Edit: 2010-05-01 09:42:20 by Millenia »

Kranmer

• View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #484 on: 2010-05-01 10:07:15 »
@krannmer i think this will be part of the TA patch.

I didnt actually realize that Millenia was apart of Team Avalanche (also does anyone know if these is a member list of their team anywhere since i dont actually recall seeing one), Oh well i know now for future reference so thanks.

And sl1982 great + fast work on the installer, it also worked on linux with wine (my old version of wine had a problem installing it due to the fullstop your installer adds to the ff7 path but on newer versions of wine this didnt seem to be a problem)

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #485 on: 2010-05-01 11:37:07 »
Not really a permanent member per se, but I'm fiddling with things for them and they have a thumbs up to use any of my stuff.

BloodShot

• View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #486 on: 2010-05-01 16:50:50 »
Well what happens is, if I install all of Millenia's files except rtck, which I use APZ's for, Millenia's swords look fine, but the Buster's texture is a garbled mess.

If I have Millenia's files except both rtck and rtad, then the Buster looks right, but Millenia's swords all look wrong.

Maybe try changing the texture ID of the buster sword and assign the texture that way.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #487 on: 2010-05-01 17:51:28 »
Not really a permanent member per se, but I'm fiddling with things for them and they have a thumbs up to use any of my stuff.

Anyone that does work for Avalanche is a member. Well assuming that stuff gets used

MartialKnight

• View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #488 on: 2010-05-03 20:48:03 »
Hey guys, I've installed Millenia's weapons using slr1982's installer, but I want to replace Millenia's Ultima Weapon with the First Tsurugi from Kula Wende's AC Cloud...

I've used LGPTools and replaced the rtae and rtcz files in the battle.lgp with the ones from the AC Cloud files, but it hasn't changed the model or texture of the weapon in game... Millenia's Ultima Weapon is still there...

Anyone have any ideas on anything else I can/I need to do?

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #489 on: 2010-05-03 21:11:32 »
1. You did replace battle.lgp with your new one right?

2. Did you rename rtae to rtcz?

3. Try clearing the cache (the one that comes with Aali's driver)...

MartialKnight

• View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #490 on: 2010-05-03 23:53:12 »
I opened battle.lgp with LGP tools and replaced the files WITHOUT extracting and repacking them.

I did try renaming the rtae file from the AC Cloud model's files to rtcz and then replacing using the method above and still no effect.

How do I clear the cache? I went looking around but didn't figure it out.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #491 on: 2010-05-04 00:00:30 »
I opened battle.lgp with LGP tools and replaced the files WITHOUT extracting and repacking them.

I did try renaming the rtae file from the AC Cloud model's files to rtcz and then replacing using the method above and still no effect.

How do I clear the cache? I went looking around but didn't figure it out.

If you have aali's custom driver you will have it in the main folder. I have it here "C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\cache". Just delete the files inside it and restart the game again and try if it works. :)

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #492 on: 2010-05-04 08:15:52 »
Remember that in addition to renaming the texture file you also need to change the model to use that ;)

MartialKnight

• View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #493 on: 2010-05-04 21:35:52 »
EDIT: Finally got it to work... I extracted the files from the updated LGP and replaced the files that wouldn't extract with ones from the original LGP on the CD, and then copied and pasted the First Tsurugi files into that and repacked it. Thanks for all the tips guys, keep up the good work!!! :D
« Last Edit: 2010-05-05 18:49:51 by MartialKnight »

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #494 on: 2010-05-05 17:49:29 »

Millenia, all thrown weapons are in the magic.lgp, so they need to be changed there as well.

IIRC, Cloud's thrown weapons are called 'h_sword1' to 'h_sword15'.

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #495 on: 2010-05-06 19:45:20 »
So Millenia, are you planning on doing a new weapon pack for other char?
Just asking, though being so good kinda is a sin and get requested all the time  :D

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #496 on: 2010-05-07 13:55:10 »
I plan on doing all the weapons sooner or later, I'll probably get working on Barret's or Vincent's stuff next.

MartialKnight

• View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #497 on: 2010-05-07 23:17:16 »
Ok guys, I'm trying to put APZ's Buster Sword in now, and it looks like the model is there, but it's got a funky texture on, it. I'm assuming it's the texture that Millenia's Buster Sword uses. so what files do I need to change/remove in order to get APZ's Buster Sword to work?

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #498 on: 2010-05-08 15:45:45 »

Almost done.

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #499 on: 2010-05-08 16:00:05 »
Looks sweet as usual. I wonder how many of these new models and textures could be reinserted on the PlayStation version of FF7? Of course, with remodeled meshes and shrunk textures to fit hardware limits.