« on: 2011-10-26 17:56:20 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 07:19:02 by Jenova's Witness »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: Questions about hacking level gains
« Reply #1 on: 2011-10-26 18:56:47 »
I'm interested in making a hack, but I want some feedback as to the difficulty.  Here's what I want to do:
*Tie stat gains on level up purely to equipped materia.  So, if you gain a level, and you have materia that boost your Str by 1 and reduces your Magic by 2, then you would gain 1 Str and lose 2 Magic.

This sounds like the most difficult thing to do. That would take a significant rewrite of the level up function. Possible, yes, but difficult.

*Remove levels, but keep experience.  Basically, I want you to be able to level up as much as you want.

Doesn't sound that hard, really. Just prevent the level from actually increasing in aforementioned function

*Change the amount of experience required to gain a level to some static number, like 1000.

Probably about as difficult as above

*Remove all other methods of permanently increasing or reducing a character's stats.

Hmmm. Maybe. I think if you just disable the Sources' menu usage that'll do it. If you want to go a step further you can just remove their handlers from the item handler list

*Alter the stat bonuses and penalties materia grant.  Specifically, every materia must be able to change every stat (HP, MP, Str, Dex, Vit, Mag, Spi, and Luk) by between +10 to -10 and +20% to -20% (though that last part needs some work).

Possible, but there could only be 21 unique combinations of stat modifiers. I can see tiered magics and summons effects like there are now. Commands and Supports should probably do nothing. I'll let you work those details out.

This is all based on my experience with the PC executable. If you want to make a PSX hack you need to talk to someone else. I can offer assistance to get you started, but I'm too busy with other things to actually do the labor involved. PM me if you want to know where to start.

Jenova's Witness

• Right Wing Safety Squads
  • I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-11-05 21:28:39 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 07:19:13 by Jenova's Witness »