Jenova's Witness

• Right Wing Safety Squads
  • I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« on: 2014-09-01 22:55:47 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 07:37:31 by Jenova's Witness »

meesbaker

• View Profile
Look at the LBA of the files you want to import. If you're lucky there are groups which will allow you to speed up the process by manually overwriting files in the hex editor. For example if you find 10 files that are in a row, open the hex editor, paste the modded files in the correct order, copy the whole file and paste it in the iso. In order to find the beginning just let the hex editor search for the first bunch of bytes of the first file in the group. Also make sure you fix the filesize by padding zeroes if your files should be smaller.

Also cdprog is basically much faster than mage. It does not update the TOC so will cause problems with programs like Makou Reactor but apart from that I'd recommend it much more.

Jenova's Witness

• I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-09-02 03:41:28 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 07:37:40 by Jenova's Witness »

meesbaker

• View Profile
The reason why cdprog etc replace only files is because there are no directories on isos. The whole file structure is just TOC, a set of strings listing LBAs and filenames of files related to each other. There is no real directory containing anything, the structure is just there to make it easier to find specific files on an iso thus the files cant just be replaced at once as they can be located anywhere in the image.

A program replacing a directory would have to do each file one by one. Of course it would be possible to write something like that. The program would require a directory, then replace each single file automatically by searching a file with the same name in the given directory. But writing such a routine needs to be done it is nothing standard to be included in programs like cdprog.

The fastest way to do this is actually contacting the developer of cdprog and adding this feature. It is not very difficult for the person who wrote the program. When replacing a file instead of prompting for a file selection instead the program must search for the filename in a given directory and replace automatically and repeat this for all files in an iso folder.

Jenova's Witness

• I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-09-05 17:55:13 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 07:37:53 by Jenova's Witness »