Author Topic: [FF7 PC/Android/IOS] Weeemus Models Remastered Edition  (Read 14291 times)

weeemus

• View Profile
Weeemus Models

Project

• Simple/Minimal Low poly Models (Expect DS and Android/IOS remakes)
  • Recreating the Field models as Chibi's (loosely based on original)
  • Recreating Battle Models (loosely based on original)

Intro

It's been an awfully long time since I've been back on qhimm forums. No matter how busy or hectic my life gets, i find myself coming back to this lovely community. As a true ff7 fan, i can't escape that fact ha.

But what has triggered my sudden return, was when i saw the trailer of the new ff7 and also having downloaded ff7 on both my ipad and android phone. I'm a little conflicted. As a huge fan of ff7, our wishes for a remake has been granted (yay) however a bit of me has died inside and they should have never remade it. Yeah ironic i know, but i won't babble on about that. In summary i can only see it as a new game as oppose to a remake.

Hence i decided to attempt to properly "remake" the game. When i played it again on my ipad and android, it just felt amazing with the chibi's and i personally felt that it was much better than the mods i have released in the past "FMV Inspired Models" Whether or not  people has considered my models great or good quality, nothing can beat the original idea of the chibi and full sized battle models as it was intended. The camera is zoomed out to a point where chibi fits much better for the field environment and blends with the "low background" designs.

My model design is loosely based on the original (intricate details such as ears, belt and the small holes on the shoulder pads etc) It will be mostly aimed as a fresh remake feel. As an example "FINAL FANTASY IV" which made a 3D remake on IOS\Android. I have further tested that you can mod both IOS and Android ff7 game, which would be perfect in conjunction with my new models. I can write a guide for anyone whose interested in installing mods etc.

Below is my current progress 8)

WIP Screenshots

Experimenting with uvmaps

Old Screens

Spoiler: show

« Last Edit: 2018-05-03 08:16:28 by weeemus »

iDerek759

• View Profile
Re: [WIP Model's] Weeemus Remastered Edition
« Reply #1 on: 2018-04-30 17:24:29 »
Oh nice! An updated version to the classic chibi models. I like how it's looking so far, great work!

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: [FF7 PC/Android/IOS] Weeemus Models Remastered Edition
« Reply #2 on: 2018-04-30 18:38:52 »
Weeemus u r a legend mate! Just do your thing... I personally prefer any realistic perspective of the FF world though. Even enjoyed Crisis Core. And I like what they did with the remake.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2018-04-30 20:20:21 »
Threads don't go in a releases section until there is an actual download available. ~Covarr

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2018-05-01 07:20:18 »
Some new screens are up. Started on the Buster Sword 8)

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2018-05-01 23:19:15 »
These look really good! I think they'll fit the style of the game/backgrounds better than a lot of other packs on here

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2018-05-02 06:17:59 »
Cheers. Though i have a tendency of creating hi poly models. Force of bad habit. Been re scraping my work over and over which wasted a lot of time ha. So now I've only been reducing the poly's and trying to keep it simple and minimal. (which results better for ff7 anyway, with it's blocky and choppiness)  8)
« Last Edit: 2018-05-02 06:58:04 by weeemus »

kela51

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/killakela51
« Reply #7 on: 2018-06-02 21:41:39 »
Really cool! Nice work :D

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #8 on: 2018-06-04 22:10:10 »
Curious to see it in-game! Seem so hi-quality!

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2018-11-01 13:03:36 »
I am following this project with the greatest interest!

I hope you can complete this one, weeemus!

I love your work.
« Last Edit: 2018-11-02 19:09:20 by Salk »

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2018-11-02 00:58:32 »
I can't wait for these! I feel like they will fit the backgrounds better while still being higher quality. Keep up the great work Weeemus!

jasmer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2018-11-15 03:55:58 »
Yesssss!

Evan Lee

• "I don't kill I eliminate"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2019-02-19 20:28:49 »
Do you think you can help out a fellow brother here? I've tried installing some mods for the android version but I can't seem to skip out the verification every time I ran the game. It gave me this "verification failed" for somewhat god knows reason. Tried installing the mod on PC by extracting the .obb file on winrar. Rebuilded the file using Ficedula's LGPTools. I've also applied the GTA SA android method of installing the mod where I copy the same exact folders of the .obb and pasted it on "/android/data/" but it doesn't seem to work on ff7 android. Any steps on installing mods for android would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: 2019-02-19 21:07:08 by Evan Lee »