Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837441 times)

Mithrain

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #6175 on: 2017-09-15 20:10:06 »
Return to Wall Market and the battery guy sells it for like, 120K Gil or something?

In previous versions, you could also get it as a rare steal from the bandits outside midgar (on the world map).  :) Maybe in the current version, too.

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #6176 on: 2017-09-16 11:05:06 »
In previous versions, you could also get it as a rare steal from the bandits outside midgar (on the world map).  :) Maybe in the current version, too.

Oh wow, really? Gonna check that one out next time I load it up. That'd actually be a really useful thing for the start of the game.

prid1234

• View Profile
« Reply #6177 on: 2017-09-16 14:57:32 »
I'm not sure if this is a bug.. I know the chances of stealing from Reno and Rude in the crashed Gelnika are low. But I mean ive spent an hour and well over 100 steal attempts and haven't stolen ONE item from them.. Just want to know if this is intended or if you actually cant steal from them or what. Thanks

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #6178 on: 2017-09-16 16:14:56 »
I'm not sure if this is a bug.. I know the chances of stealing from Reno and Rude in the crashed Gelnika are low. But I mean ive spent an hour and well over 100 steal attempts and haven't stolen ONE item from them.. Just want to know if this is intended or if you actually cant steal from them or what. Thanks

You're most likely playing on Arranged, and stealing is based off of level. In Arranged all enemies levels were made higher than Normal's are, so the chances of stealing get impossibly low to straight impossible the further you get. The only way to Steal in the late game is with the Sneak Glove so save them until you have it. I BELIEVE (not positive) that a lot of the late game steals are going to be re-worked in an update, but for now, that's basically your only option.

prid1234

• View Profile
« Reply #6179 on: 2017-09-16 19:05:06 »
You're most likely playing on Arranged, and stealing is based off of level. In Arranged all enemies levels were made higher than Normal's are, so the chances of stealing get impossibly low to straight impossible the further you get. The only way to Steal in the late game is with the Sneak Glove so save them until you have it. I BELIEVE (not positive) that a lot of the late game steals are going to be re-worked in an update, but for now, that's basically your only option.

Yup your right im playing on arranged. Ok ill try with the sneak glove, was gonna do that next. Thanks

Novashadowsonic

• View Profile
« Reply #6180 on: 2017-09-16 23:33:53 »
This might be a past discussion, but I heard the Tifa sidequest for Final Heaven is supposed to be in the mako reactor?
It says something about the junon leagues, but I cannot enter the meteor cup. I have read the letter so something should happen. Please tell me what to do! Thank you.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6181 on: 2017-09-17 14:37:09 »
Got my tools reinstalled and fixed up the issues that were mentioned (thanks MoCheese)

I want to apologise again for the Stealing issue; a lot of people have lost time trying to get items that were unobtainable on Arrange due to the Level boost I used for them.

This might be a past discussion, but I heard the Tifa sidequest for Final Heaven is supposed to be in the mako reactor?
It says something about the junon leagues, but I cannot enter the meteor cup. I have read the letter so something should happen. Please tell me what to do! Thank you.

That Lv.4 Limit sidequest was dropped. It's now accessed by setting Tifa as party leader, going to Nibelheim, playing her piano (as normal), and then going up to the Nibel Reactor. An NPC should be waiting for you there. This has to be done on Disc 3.

EvenThen

• View Profile
« Reply #6182 on: 2017-09-18 16:35:51 »
I feel like you could've had Yuffie join later. Having a new party member right after the player's barely gotten to use Red XIII and adjust their party according to his presence is too much, too fast. Junon might be a better place for her to join. (I've only played the mod up to Kalm, so I'm not sure if something happens in Junon that prevents this.)

Incidentally, what's the deal with the "two talking dogs" that an NPC in Kalm talks about? Is that a sidequest? If you'd rather not spoil that, I understand, but I'd like to access as much of the new content as I can.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6183 on: 2017-09-18 22:11:22 »
I feel like you could've had Yuffie join later. Having a new party member right after the player's barely gotten to use Red XIII and adjust their party according to his presence is too much, too fast. Junon might be a better place for her to join. (I've only played the mod up to Kalm, so I'm not sure if something happens in Junon that prevents this.)

Incidentally, what's the deal with the "two talking dogs" that an NPC in Kalm talks about? Is that a sidequest? If you'd rather not spoil that, I understand, but I'd like to access as much of the new content as I can.

I completely forgot about that; I had a plan at one stage to replace the Red XIII Lv.4 Limit fight by implementing something that was considered but dropped for the original game where there'd be two other dogs, Cobalt and Indigo, that you'd need to fight later. I didn't go for it in the end.

In the bottom half of Profile in this article it mentions them: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Red_XIII%27s_species

EvenThen

• View Profile
« Reply #6184 on: 2017-09-19 09:36:37 »
Thanks for letting me know so I wouldn't paranoidly comb through every single pixel for that, lol. The mod's great so far. I'm at Junon; at approx. level 19, Illyankas freaking bodied me the first two tries, even with Iron Bangles on everyone. Finally beat it by putting everyone in back row and making sure my two offensive party members (offensive caster Cloud and physical damage Yuffie, with tank/healer Barrett) could do long range damage. Guess I'll have to do some grinding once I get to control the entire party again. But that's after I solo the second Grand Horn battle in Fort Condor with a Caster Cloud build and Laser spam :D

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #6185 on: 2017-09-19 17:12:37 »
The spanish version xD NT 1.5 10/08/2017 MK2
Sega,You think  you could fix, in the flevel scripts, the more important bugs that you found this month??(If not ,no problem ;) )And one thing, I dont found an object called "red cristal" to translate(walmarket),but in the flevel i see that is needed to create an ultimate weapon (RED XIII)
Exist in the database or not?
« Last Edit: 2017-09-19 18:43:54 by markul »

memorphous

• View Profile
« Reply #6186 on: 2017-09-19 17:56:18 »
I've hit a bit of a snag in regards to the Planet materia. I started up the mod in late August with the then-current version. After I started the game (with stand-alone patch) I also added some other mods via 7th Heaven. I didn't notice anything odd, the new bosses were still there and other changes as well, but at some point the extended save menus disappeared and save points were just regular old ones. I don't remember exactly when this was, but I started fiddling around with mods again at Mt. Nibel. I downloaded another mod via 7th Heaven that also had New Threat in it (gameplay & story enhancements, or something) and the save menus worked again, so I kept playing with this. I have no idea what version of the mod the package in question had, though.

I reached the bottom of the Northern Crater and realised I hadn't gotten a single Planet materia yet. The only documentation I found was for 1.3 and that said it would be along the Left-Up path, but it wasn't there. The only Materias I found there were W-Magic and I think a HP+. At this point I realised I could manually add the newest version through 7th Heaven, so I did that, but of course the Materia wasn't there. So in essence, I've botched the game by unwittingly fiddling around with different versions of the game within the same save file.

So my question is: is Planet Materia being found at the Left-Up path old information? Can I get it through Battle Square or somewhere else? I do have another save file at the beginning of Disc 3, but in my current file I have done all lv 4 Limit Break sidequests and the Ancient Forest already, so I really wouldn't fancy going back. Thanks in advance!

spiesus

• View Profile
« Reply #6187 on: 2017-09-19 23:21:44 »
Want to start with great mod so far. Really bringing me back to when I used to play this on PSX. However, I was curios about something I had found in the documents shipped with the newest patch, most notibly, the NT Item List. I wanted to ask if Chekov in the Wutai Pagoda can actually be morphed? The sheet claims to have a morph, ie. Wizard Bracelet, and being towards the end of Disk 1, I figured I would try and nab it while I was here, however, Chekov seems immune to physical damage. If there some mechanic I have been missing out on in all of my years of play, or is it just an oversight and the document was never updated when you made him immune to physical?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6188 on: 2017-09-20 21:27:01 »
Thanks for letting me know so I wouldn't paranoidly comb through every single pixel for that, lol. The mod's great so far. I'm at Junon; at approx. level 19, Illyankas freaking bodied me the first two tries, even with Iron Bangles on everyone. Finally beat it by putting everyone in back row and making sure my two offensive party members (offensive caster Cloud and physical damage Yuffie, with tank/healer Barrett) could do long range damage. Guess I'll have to do some grinding once I get to control the entire party again. But that's after I solo the second Grand Horn battle in Fort Condor with a Caster Cloud build and Laser spam :D

Sounds good, let me know how your run goes.

The spanish version xD NT 1.5 10/08/2017 MK2
Sega,You think  you could fix, in the flevel scripts, the more important bugs that you found this month??(If not ,no problem ;) )And one thing, I dont found an object called "red cristal" to translate(walmarket),but in the flevel i see that is needed to create an ultimate weapon (RED XIII)
Exist in the database or not?

Should be able to, I kept a record on the 1st page of most of them. Red Crystal was changed to Moon Crystal for 1.5 in the regular items list (toward the bottom) so odds are you've translated it already.

I've hit a bit of a snag in regards to the Planet materia. I started up the mod in late August with the then-current version. After I started the game (with stand-alone patch) I also added some other mods via 7th Heaven. I didn't notice anything odd, the new bosses were still there and other changes as well, but at some point the extended save menus disappeared and save points were just regular old ones. I don't remember exactly when this was, but I started fiddling around with mods again at Mt. Nibel. I downloaded another mod via 7th Heaven that also had New Threat in it (gameplay & story enhancements, or something) and the save menus worked again, so I kept playing with this. I have no idea what version of the mod the package in question had, though.

I reached the bottom of the Northern Crater and realised I hadn't gotten a single Planet materia yet. The only documentation I found was for 1.3 and that said it would be along the Left-Up path, but it wasn't there. The only Materias I found there were W-Magic and I think a HP+. At this point I realised I could manually add the newest version through 7th Heaven, so I did that, but of course the Materia wasn't there. So in essence, I've botched the game by unwittingly fiddling around with different versions of the game within the same save file.

So my question is: is Planet Materia being found at the Left-Up path old information? Can I get it through Battle Square or somewhere else? I do have another save file at the beginning of Disc 3, but in my current file I have done all lv 4 Limit Break sidequests and the Ancient Forest already, so I really wouldn't fancy going back. Thanks in advance!

It should be here in one of these two spots:

In NT one is a Gospel Spark, and the other is Planet Materia.

It's also possible to get Planet Materia earlier from Corel by completing the Train section, but this was a later revision (used to be Full Cure so you might have got that there instead).

If you can't get Planet from the left-up then I'll sort something out. Exercise caution if you decide to use a save editor as Steam likes to delete save files that have been altered when the launcher is booted up; if you use an editor, start FF7's launcher first, make the changes, then go into the game and load the altered file. Save the game and this should make it 'safe' (back up all save files before doing anything).

Want to start with great mod so far. Really bringing me back to when I used to play this on PSX. However, I was curios about something I had found in the documents shipped with the newest patch, most notibly, the NT Item List. I wanted to ask if Chekov in the Wutai Pagoda can actually be morphed? The sheet claims to have a morph, ie. Wizard Bracelet, and being towards the end of Disk 1, I figured I would try and nab it while I was here, however, Chekov seems immune to physical damage. If there some mechanic I have been missing out on in all of my years of play, or is it just an oversight and the document was never updated when you made him immune to physical?

Oversight, the pagoda guys had morphs but they weren't feasible/possible to get. I think I've removed them now.

memorphous

• View Profile
« Reply #6189 on: 2017-09-20 22:57:08 »
It's also possible to get Planet Materia earlier from Corel by completing the Train section, but this was a later revision (used to be Full Cure so you might have got that there instead).

Actually got a Comet materia in Corel. :D At this point I have no idea what occurences have been intended and what has somehow slipped through the cracks of all the various mods. But yeah, I think I might try to fiddle around with a save editor, so no need to go through the trouble and try to accommodate things that are pretty much my own fault.

spiesus

• View Profile
« Reply #6190 on: 2017-09-21 14:39:38 »
Oversight, the pagoda guys had morphs but they weren't feasible/possible to get. I think I've removed them now.

Well, if you are looking at changing those things, I had also found that the first two in the pagoda are level 255 (this might have been on the August release however), making them susceptible to Lv.5 Suicide, making for an easy morph. Just a bit of sneaky cheese I had found.

Another thing I want to mention, is during the last scenes in disk 1, it is a bit difficult to understand what the two choices that are presented when you are looking over Aeris. The option to save her clipped and only had - "(<Some Text>) [Sa" which I had guessed was to save her. Did not know if that was due to limitation to text boxes or that it was drawn wrong in the first place.

Though, I am still very much enjoying playing through this again, thanks a bunch for the mod.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6191 on: 2017-09-21 22:34:01 »
Actually got a Comet materia in Corel. :D At this point I have no idea what occurences have been intended and what has somehow slipped through the cracks of all the various mods. But yeah, I think I might try to fiddle around with a save editor, so no need to go through the trouble and try to accommodate things that are pretty much my own fault.

Not your fault; it's mine for changing things so often.

Well, if you are looking at changing those things, I had also found that the first two in the pagoda are level 255 (this might have been on the August release however), making them susceptible to Lv.5 Suicide, making for an easy morph. Just a bit of sneaky cheese I had found.

Another thing I want to mention, is during the last scenes in disk 1, it is a bit difficult to understand what the two choices that are presented when you are looking over Aeris. The option to save her clipped and only had - "(<Some Text>) [Sa" which I had guessed was to save her. Did not know if that was due to limitation to text boxes or that it was drawn wrong in the first place.

Though, I am still very much enjoying playing through this again, thanks a bunch for the mod.

Oh, is the text not displaying properly? I'll sort that out in the next patch.

Azaka

• View Profile
« Reply #6192 on: 2017-09-21 23:14:36 »
Hey, i have a few questions since i'm new to this mod. I already installed it fine but was wondering if there is a 60fps battles mod for this available, like what the Reunion mod uses http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14914.0
Mostly because the reels are a pain in the ass with low fps.

Secondly, do i need to apply the hotfixes from the first post as well if i did a clean install of 1.5?

zuloph

• View Profile
« Reply #6193 on: 2017-09-22 08:05:31 »
Hey, i have a few questions since i'm new to this mod. I already installed it fine but was wondering if there is a 60fps battles mod for this available, like what the Reunion mod uses http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14914.0

Secondly, do i need to apply the hotfixes from the first post as well if i did a clean install of 1.5?

Not sure about the 60fps mod thing, but I play the game at the regular FPS and the reels are pretty easy if you manipulate them with the switch button.

As for the hot fixes you will indeed need them. If there are hot fixes available on the front page that generally means they are needed because the main installer hasn't been updated to include them.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6194 on: 2017-09-22 09:55:18 »

You only need the hotfixes if they have a date later than the Main Installer; currently, both hotfix patches are dated the same as the Main Installer so they aren't required with a clean install. They're there to catch up older installs to the current files.

thestranger

• View Profile
« Reply #6195 on: 2017-09-22 13:06:54 »
Hi there!

First of all thank you for making this mod, its really great. I have now completed Arrange mode in 1.5, but I started before you added the extra planet materia at corel valley. I actually tried checking the npcs many times and figured since I already went past that point it cant be gotten. I did get one at north crater where it was orginally.

I had KOTR before I returned to Midgar - which means to you that -  I had beaten
Bomb King
The cactuar boss
Shinry and Omega
And the 6 Tonberries
(these are known as the 4 materia caves)

Wutai sidequest, including mysteries ninja.
Junon league,
Ancient forest
Battle Square.

I did not have Planet materia, so I had to find strategies against Mysteries ninja and cactuar without hydro, which took some wipes before I got them down.

The extra bosses, as well as the tuned up version of the original,  the strategy required to beat them is really great to the original gaming. I love how you needed to think, and sometimes not even kill the adds on the bosses to be able to beat them.

Theres a few things I would like to point out however.

You are way overpowered if you complete all or most sidequests before you return to midgar again.

But I did not like the fact the you had so much experience after most enemies and the bosses. I was in fact around level 80 before going back to midgar, and that was without grinding and just followed a regular playthrough including doing these sidequests.
The ap I dont mind since you need to plan with strategy and having extra for more people is nice addition.

Is there a way to make this a bit more challenging by turning down the exp, not necessarily the ap rewarded?

Even the extra boss in midgar went down in 2-3 turn, the curator , and both viridian, and carmine weapon didnt last long after you had KOTR. Only nemesis lasted a bit, but I was basically immune to status effects and used to wall for the magic and physical dmg to turn him into cakewalk, he did have alot of hp, but that was it.

I did find a bug though I did not like.

When you turn in the item to fight the white chocobo for pandoras box in Kalm , It never happened. It launched and spawned a cactuar and I couldnt get it to launch the proper fight no matter how many saves I reloaded, I even tried reinstalling this mod from scrath.

The Machine Engine for tifas final weapon, I dont know If I missed it in Dark cave, but after killing head of shinra I got warped outside and Only found Luv Luv item, but not the other one.

Thats it  - just 2 bugs if it was bug , and to much exp was my 2 cents. Eveything else was really great.

« Last Edit: 2017-09-22 16:54:14 by thestranger »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6196 on: 2017-09-24 01:21:12 »
When you turn in the item to fight the white chocobo for pandoras box in Kalm , It never happened. It launched and spawned a cactuar and I couldnt get it to launch the proper fight no matter how many saves I reloaded, I even tried reinstalling this mod from scrath.

The Machine Engine for tifas final weapon, I dont know If I missed it in Dark cave, but after killing head of shinra I got warped outside and Only found Luv Luv item, but not the other one.

Thats it  - just 2 bugs if it was bug , and to much exp was my 2 cents. Eveything else was really great.

I think I corrected the white chocobo fight ID in the latest files/patches but I'll need to double-check just to be sure; same with the Micro-Engine.

Guilou

• View Profile
« Reply #6197 on: 2017-09-24 10:18:45 »
Hello thanks for this amazing work! was on 1.4 a while ago but i stopped due to a bug in sidequest nevermind just started on the 1.5, is it normal to fight Zangan in first reactor ? It's like once i killed the boss the way back to elevator, always encounter him (yet around 10 times). Is it even possible to kill it at this moment? Or should i just try my luck until i don't meet with him?
Defending himself with cure 3 every few turns, and one shotting anybody.

memorphous

• View Profile
« Reply #6198 on: 2017-09-24 17:45:08 »
Hello thanks for this amazing work! was on 1.4 a while ago but i stopped due to a bug in sidequest nevermind just started on the 1.5, is it normal to fight Zangan in first reactor ? It's like once i killed the boss the way back to elevator, always encounter him (yet around 10 times). Is it even possible to kill it at this moment? Or should i just try my luck until i don't meet with him?
Defending himself with cure 3 every few turns, and one shotting anybody.

I had this when I first started as well. I think it was a clash with some other mods I had enabled through 7th Heaven, when I got the mod order taken care of strange spawns stopped happening. So no, you aren't supposed to fight Zangan there. :P

EvenThen

• View Profile
« Reply #6199 on: 2017-09-24 22:32:40 »
I'm at Nibelheim now, and Cloud has Meteorain while everyone else is still at level 1 limits. Starting to suspect that offensive caster builds are kind of OP :D I think I'll give someone else a turn at being the offensive caster and have Cloud be the support mage for a good while.
« Last Edit: 2017-09-24 22:35:44 by EvenThen »