Author Topic: [FF7PC-98] FF7Music Installer (1.51.13)(Discontinued, use Anxious Heart)  (Read 344474 times)

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: FF7Music Installer
« Reply #150 on: 2011-04-21 23:14:27 »
So could anyone post it? I just want them to loop forever...

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2011-04-21 23:34:50 »
Sorry, I'm tired, it didn't even occur to me to upload it, just to answer the question :/

Anyway, here it is. This IS included in the latest version of the installer as well, btw.

Also, I'm not sure if the mere presence of a plugin.ini is enough for it to save properly, I wouldn't be surprised if it can edit them but not create them. I'm really not sure.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2011-04-24 01:41:39 »
Is there any way to make PSFs or whatever files fade out during the transitions? Like how on the PSX when the victory screen goes away fanfare fades to the world map theme, instead of just switching tracks.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2011-04-24 03:55:30 »
There might be a setting for Highly Experimental (in_psf.dll) that can do this, but I don't think there is. I honestly haven't looked, but if it's there it shouldn't be too hard to find. It's not something FF7Music can do on its own.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2011-05-02 00:35:41 »
Just wanted to point this out, because it bugged me for a while, and maybe some people, but FF7's psfs don't come with one for the shinra mansion song, or the "short" version of those chosen by the planet, defined cintro in FF7Music. It really hurts the buildup of suspense in the flashback or just walking around the mansion.

Just wanted to point that out Covarr, as it is a small, but IMO, important detail to FF7 while you play. Idk if you added something like that in any recent versions of the installer.

I made an MP3 recorded from the PSF, specifically for cintro so it could be used with PSFs and it wouldn't need a defined looping point, the way the song plays allows it to be extremely short and loop seamlessly. If you haven't put any correct "cintro" sound file in, and you want it, I could upload it real quick. It's small, I know, but it really makes the flashback segment just not feel right to me without it.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2011-05-02 00:44:20 »
I'll see what I can do about that. The problem is, no psf set has cintro that I know of, but since I also have MP3/OGG support that should be able to be filled in.

Have you tested your MP3 in-game? I'm concerned that in_mad may be rebuffering every loop, so a looping OGG may still be the best way to go. Not to mention, OGG has a better filesize-quality ratio than MP3.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2011-05-03 00:17:28 »
I've tested with both in_mad and in_psf and the mp3 seems to work fine, although I can see the rebuffering you mentioned with in_mad, but I just cut down the silence a bit more at the end, so I'm going to test it, and hopefully the MP3 will work fine. It could always be made an OGG as well, of course, for proper looping.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2011-05-03 01:51:18 »
The thing is, buffer time can vary based on the system doing it. There's no one-size-fits-all solution, which is why looping OGG is probably a superior solution.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2011-05-03 20:49:15 »
I see. Can PSF's properly loop with the in_vgmstream.dll or in_mad? That's the only real reason I suggested to use an MP3, I thought PSFs couldn't loop at the right spot without in_psf.
« Last Edit: 2011-05-03 21:13:04 by BloodShot »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2011-05-03 21:10:58 »
PSF's can only use in_psf i believe.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2011-05-04 01:20:33 »
sl is correct. in_mad only reads MP3s, and vgmstream mostly reads formats used in actual video games (and looping OGGs).

However, regardless of which plugin is "active" it'll use all of them, so it's okay to mix PSF and MP3 in the same profile. The big issue is that I have not even been able to FIND a psf for cintro.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2011-05-04 01:37:06 »
is it not safe to assume when cintro is called fore the longer version of the psf just loops the beginning?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2011-05-04 18:11:49 »
is it not safe to assume when cintro is called fore the longer version of the psf just loops the beginning?
I'd bet money that the PSX version does this. The problem lies in the fact that there's no way to specify to in_psf to only loop the beginning when playing it as cintro, as far as I know.

Malika

« Reply #163 on: 2011-05-08 12:07:20 »
well before that i was not having any knowledge about this but now i got the idea thanks everyone....

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2011-05-08 12:08:42 »
I will say this now and for once. Please stop responding to threads when you don't have anything more to say than that.

MarioEX

« Reply #165 on: 2011-05-09 07:11:25 »
FF music does not work at all , it opens and than it says m_PkChar Error  over and over again. I have the 1.02 patch, Alalis Custom driver 7.10, Phoenix Rejuvenation and Team Avalanche installed and i am ruining Windows7 64bit Ultimate.
*EDIT*
Never mind problem solved turns out if I have a game a play called Fiesta open and runing and i try to open ffmusic i get the Pkchar error. Very odd but not surpzied (fiesta is riddled with bugs) but didnt think it would affect my windows environment) all though i am curious does ffmusic using some windows file or something  as well as fiesta to cause this conflict?
« Last Edit: 2011-05-09 07:40:01 by MarioEX »

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #166 on: 2011-05-09 20:35:34 »
FF music does not work at all , it opens and than it says m_PkChar Error  over and over again. I have the 1.02 patch, Alalis Custom driver 7.10, Phoenix Rejuvenation and Team Avalanche installed and i am ruining Windows7 64bit Ultimate.
*EDIT*
Never mind problem solved turns out if I have a game a play called Fiesta open and runing and i try to open ffmusic i get the Pkchar error. Very odd but not surpzied (fiesta is riddled with bugs) but didnt think it would affect my windows environment) all though i am curious does ffmusic using some windows file or something  as well as fiesta to cause this conflict?

Fiesta, yeah, does that way to often, plus i personally find the game terrible.

MarioEX

« Reply #167 on: 2011-05-09 20:53:50 »
Fiesta, yeah, does that way to often, plus i personally find the game terrible.
Haha yea its a terrible game but its been a terrible game i been playing for 2 years o.o and my girl friend plays it +some other friends so I guess this means no vending and playing ff7 with real music at the same time=/.
Anyways thanks to Covarr for the installer and its working great and way more simpler than the old way xD

RazerWolf

« Reply #168 on: 2011-05-19 12:57:54 »
Having a lot of problems with this program.

I installed it once, it worked fine a couple of times, then suddenly started throwing error messages. Reinstalling didn't help, but copying some files such as libvorbis.dll to my Windows folder fixed it. It worked for one play session, then I rebooted, came back the next day and now for the life of me I can't get the music to play again. The other game sounds all work fine all of the time though.

I've tried every combination of input/output plugins, both ogg and psf soundtracks, I've deleted and replaced the ogg .dlls I put in my Windows folder, pretty much everything I can think of. The FF7Music app is coming up with what I at least assume are the correct files - I am following Sephiroth's blood trail in the Shinra Building on Disc 1, FF7Music is reading:

reading midi file: HORROR.mid

HORROR.mid

Midi file matched! HORROR
CSA6
CSR7
File counterpart FF7 213 Trail of Blood.minipsf
Resolved to FF7 213 Trail of Blood.minipsf

Getting the ogg equivalents if I'm using those.

Halp!

Edit: Reinstalled game and mods from scratch. Had originally found a mod pack on another website; reinstalled stuff in a slightly different order and now FF7Music auto-installed into my FF7 folder, with mp3s rather than oggs and works fine. No idea what the actual fix was, which annoys me slightly, but I'm not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth.
« Last Edit: 2011-05-19 14:03:17 by RazerWolf »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2011-05-19 18:50:35 »
I suspect the mod you were using was messing with some of your game's music data, and that's confusing ff7music. Especially if it's only happening on that one song. Can't say I've heard of this problem before, but I can check the ini file to make sure it's set up right for that song later today.

RazerWolf

« Reply #170 on: 2011-05-19 21:00:59 »
It's not just that song it was happening with, it was all songs. That just happened to be the song in the area I had my save in. Started a new game and there was no music after the intro movie.

Raestloz

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2011-06-01 09:37:57 »
Hello, this is my first post here.

First, I want to thank all the modders here that worked on various projects to "liven up" FF7 even after decades of the true release. For me Final Fantasy VII just doesn't sound the same without the original PSF soundtrack

Second:
  • I noticed Covarr saying that most PSF collections don't come with Sephiroth intro (which is, indeed, almost totally different than Those Chosen by The Planet, in that the latter takes a lot longer to kick in), both in this thread and in Music Tutorial. However, this is not the case, the zophar.net collection Covarr himself linked to in his Music Tutorial post has the collection (named FF7 904 Sephiroth Intro, along with 3 versions of Shinra Explodes)
  • Is there a standardized version of FF7 PSF naming convention? My collection of PSF comes without the "FF7" in front of "XXX Song Title", meaning Covarr's latest FF7Music.ini kinda screwed me (although a simple find&replace fixed the problem, and granted, my collection didn't come from zophar.net), while some songs have different names than the ones I have (for example, "A One-Winged Angel" vs "One-Winged Angel") although thankfully they seem to have the same code

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2011-06-01 09:48:57 »
I made the ini based on the collection at zophar.net. Naming schemes are not consistent between sites, but that one seems to be the most common, as I've seen it floating around a few sites, and I've seen zophar linked quite a bit.

What I said about the variation of Those Chosen by the Planet being missing seems to have been completely wrong, and based on the fact that the official OST in fact does not come with it. I definitely have a song that is labeled as such (though I can't test if it's the right thing, as winamp doesn't seem to want to work).

Expect that to be fixed in the next release.

Raestloz

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2011-06-01 11:21:08 »
I made the ini based on the collection at zophar.net. Naming schemes are not consistent between sites, but that one seems to be the most common, as I've seen it floating around a few sites, and I've seen zophar linked quite a bit.

What I said about the variation of Those Chosen by the Planet being missing seems to have been completely wrong, and based on the fact that the official OST in fact does not come with it. I definitely have a song that is labeled as such (though I can't test if it's the right thing, as winamp doesn't seem to want to work).

Expect that to be fixed in the next release.

I see, that makes sense

As for 904 Sephiroth Intro, I last played FF7 on my PSX maybe 5-6 years ago, so I can't really remember Sephiroth-related songs, but as I test them on Winamp, that 904 does seem to be different than Those Chosen by The Planet, in that it is very slightly faster

Also, a question: I have read many times that FF7Music supports multiple input in one profile, but I'm not clear as to what that means.

1. Does that mean I can use both PSF and mp3 files to work together? (I kinda assume this is yes, as it seems to be obvious, but just wanna make sure)
2. How do I get to do this? The input plugin has only one box, and I can't figure out by myself how to get the in_mp3 plugin to work along with it. Do I just have to put in_mp3 in the same folder as in_psf?
3. How do I configure the PSF and MP3 plugins then? I can configure the plugin for one in the input plugin box, but how about the other? Do I just choose them in the box and configure them separately like usual?

Also, which one is better (be it better in sound quality, or more stable): in_ds or in_wav?

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2011-06-01 13:44:37 »
Also, a question: I have read many times that FF7Music supports multiple input in one profile, but I'm not clear as to what that means.

1. Does that mean I can use both PSF and mp3 files to work together? (I kinda assume this is yes, as it seems to be obvious, but just wanna make sure)
2. How do I get to do this? The input plugin has only one box, and I can't figure out by myself how to get the in_mp3 plugin to work along with it. Do I just have to put in_mp3 in the same folder as in_psf?
3. How do I configure the PSF and MP3 plugins then? I can configure the plugin for one in the input plugin box, but how about the other? Do I just choose them in the box and configure them separately like usual?

Yup that's exactly what it means, look here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10294.msg143951#msg143951
As for your configuration question, I dunno, I don't think I have ever configured the other in_ plugins.
Try configuring each plugin, then switching back to vgmstream, it probably saves any changes in an .ini