Author Topic: ATTN Obesebear  (Read 4579 times)

Sephs_Twin

ATTN Obesebear
« on: 2009-09-13 06:40:09 »
It came to my notice other day, that you have decided to thieve our hard work at my forum.  As in, taken our work to your private forum with the intention to make your own release, without bothering to ask us.

I find this behaviour totally repulsive.  I absolutely loathe plagarism and those who decide to take others work.  You have no right, and I ask that those who are in this with you, remove it at once.

This is your message:

*Most of you are aware that Seif/Seifer Almasy/DLPB is working on a retranslation project. Unfortunately, the problem with that is he is going way too far with it and translating parts that shouldn't be (he wants to translate CURE to CARE) I for one find this ridiculous.

Instead of waiting for him to release such an abomination, I have copy/pasted all his translations into a convenient .doc so that.....

Firstly, I would like to address this issue.  Care and Cure are a difference of 1 letter.  Why this should torment your obviously fanboy driven mind is beyond me, but let me explain it to you.

We do not take decisions lightly and I do not have the power to overrule what is essentially what the katakana is saying.  If the Japanese is specific or pretty damn conclusive, I have NO authority to decide "oh well, I don't like care so I will stick with cure"

That is not how things work.  I do not "want" it to be care.  I had a 10 minute discussion with 2 of the translators where we concluded it had to be care.

Kea is care.  Full cure is Full care.  You can actually place the katakana in a translator and it will come out as Care.  This is because it is the defined spelling of the word.  If a translator were to come forward with evidence that they meant Cure, we would of course change it but until then, it is Care.

Although the full romaji is Kear, it is been used since FF1, and CANNOT be made into cure.  If there was any way that is what they meant, that is what I would have used.

I am appauled that you have decided to take this action in such a devious, slimy manner.  Those associated with this theft, I hope you take action to stop it.   We did not slave our arses off for weeks, especially in MSN, to be undermined in this way.  More to the point the overall translation is massively improved, yet you call it "abomination" because we did not go 100% with what YOU want.  Get a grip of yourself.

Seifer Almasy
« Last Edit: 2009-09-13 07:25:01 by Sephs_Twin »

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
Re: ATTN Obesebear
« Reply #1 on: 2009-09-13 07:22:22 »
I'm no philosophyfag but if obesebear did take this script from you, does he not have as much right to
take and alter your script as you do to take and alter Square's script? This is like a theif complaining he is experiencing theft.
(I'm sure you are breaking some sort of law in changing the script anyway)

I'd also like to say that you have an abrasive personality and other forum people would
respond to you better if you weren't such a faggot. 4chan is that way --->

P.S. Care sounds ridiculous(-ly bad)

Sephs_Twin

« Reply #2 on: 2009-09-13 07:26:46 »
I'm no philosophyfag but if obesebear did take this script from you, does he not have as much right to
take and alter your script as you do to take and alter Square's script? This is like a theif complaining he is experiencing theft.
(I'm sure you are breaking some sort of law in changing the script anyway)

I'd also like to say that you have an abrasive personality and other forum people would
respond to you better if you weren't such a faggot. 4chan is that way --->

P.S. Care sounds ridiculous(-ly bad)

There is no protecting that behaviour.  I am not gonna stay here debating with people of your ilk who try to swamp this in fake ethical arguments.  The fact is, when people have poured A LOT of effort into a project, no one has the right to steal it.  It is like saying Aali should be happy if someone comes along and steals his source code.

You, sir, are talking out of your arse and worse still, this has nothing to do with you.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-13 07:29:35 by Sephs_Twin »

KnifeTheSky77

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-09-13 07:37:12 »
This has something to do with me because I  respect obesebear

AND I beat off to the thought of you hating me.

I will teach you something cool while I'm here

This is what you did:
Seifer: Obesebear you are slime, you plagiarized my script and i  will treat you meanly
        in return you will get flamed

This is what you should have done:
Seifer: I worked really hard on my script and you hurt my feelings by taking it even though you took the time to give credit where it was due
Obesebear: I'm sorry man i didnt realize blah blah blah
« Last Edit: 2009-09-13 07:47:58 by knifethesky77 »

Sephs_Twin

« Reply #4 on: 2009-09-13 07:44:42 »

This is what you should have done:
Seifer: I worked really hard on my script and you hurt my feelings by taking it even though you took the time to give credit where it was due
Obesebear: I'm sorry man i didnt realize blah blah blah

Read the guys quote again.  Does that look like someon who will be accepting or appreciative?  No.  So I won't waste my time.  He did realise.  he did do it and worse he slandered me in it.  

I have said what I wanted to.  I no longer stick around here waiting for the next flame fest and I won't allow you to draw me in again.  All I can say is this action undermines the efforts we are taking and makes it harder for us.  It ruins the good spirit of the project itself and is pig ignorant.  On "care", if someone can point out to us what was intended, we will change it.  But the katakana is almost "care" and doesn't seem to fit cure at all.

Canon means nothing to accurate translating.  As one of the translators just told me: "Choosing what you like is the very reason why it had so many errors in the first place"

« Last Edit: 2009-09-13 08:05:09 by Sephs_Twin »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-09-13 08:16:10 »
Seifer, I respect what you do and I say this with utmost respect for you and your work, but...

You've been banned more times that i've posted on these f*cking forums

get the hell out of qhimm before jari finds his way into the forums and makes you have nightmares about not being popular.

If obesebear admires your valor in your course of modding, but feels that you haven't done it correctly, he's got the right to do it the way he sees fit. you haven't copyrighted your technically-illegal-to-begin-with work so you're just going to have to chew the fat and stop being a b*tch all the time.

Just leave now, please. I'm not trying to emasculate you here or anything but be the bigger man and just leave before you start a whole 'nother commotion and give ammo (and now Kudistos, apparently) another hard-on.

You've done some good work, Seif.... putting all that effort into re-translating the script....but the truth is... some of your translations are just plain bad in the eyes of the majority. Myself included. I've taken some aspects of your re-translations and incorporated them into a patch of my own because a lot of it is good stuff. But really, take it as a compliment that your good hard work is actually worth something to us. Obesebear isn't a highschool student and you have no patents, so accusing him of plagiarism is just stupid and obnoxious.

Just....let it go.

(God, seifer...you're the only one who would actually make an "ATTN: asshole" post)

Halkun, sorry if I violated any forum rules with this post as I'm quite tipsy atm, but please re-ban seifer here before another flame war gets started. I, for one, do not enjoy them.

Sephs_Twin

« Reply #6 on: 2009-09-13 08:17:47 »
You are a thief and our work on the main script and the rest of the none dialogue will be done behind closed doors.  So you still won't be getting the full thing.

You have no right at all.

We did not go through this for you to "make a patch"  this is OUR project, not yours.  Ask Aali what he thinks about his source code being robbed and I am sure he will tell you he wouldn't like it.

I ask you to stop this project and let us do our work.  And failing that because I know your another arsehole, you better give us credit in the patch.  That is Koral, gemini, DLPB, Luksy and Herman.

You attack the project because of 1 or 2 items, yet you then thieve the vast majority and don't want to give credit.  You sack of shit.

You disgust me.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-13 08:29:57 by Sephs_Twin »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-09-13 08:19:23 »
who are you even talking to?? get out of here!!!

KnifeTheSky77

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-09-13 08:58:34 »
Seifer****, what did you expect to achieve from making this thread?

I gave you a chance to be polite and discreet (i gave you a lesson in case you didn't know how).

You are counter productive to enlightening FF7 by threatening members of THE FF7 modding community.
        Is that what you want? Do you want to intimidate and make fun of the hands that feed you?

Newsflash Seifer**** ; Your ATTN: Asshole threads aren't going to get you ANYWHERE except give others more reason to hate you.
I'm not going to go on and describe the rape and gore filled daydreams I have of you whenever I see one of these threads of yours pop up.

I WILL say that I personally want you to leave. But im sure at one point when you
just cant handle the misattention that im sure you arent recieving in real life, another one of these threads will show up
and for the future, you wont get anything positive or productive out of it.

So consider this a preemptive stfu and gtfo for next time

P.S. I hope that obesebear and titeguy3 put dicks throughout your entire translation and flame you just for the spite

P.S.S. I cant see anyone liking care over cure.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-13 09:14:02 by knifethesky77 »

Sephs_Twin

« Reply #9 on: 2009-09-13 09:00:52 »
Unfortunately, for every decent person and every worthwhile project there is a maggot or 2 in the apple.

I found out that Obesebear and others from Qhimms (yet another failed forum), have been secretly taking the updates here to use in their own project.  This by itself is bad enough, but on a private forum, Obesebear wrote:

*Most of you are aware that Seif/Seifer Almasy/DLPB is working on a retranslation project. Unfortunately, the problem with that is he is going way too far with it and translating parts that shouldn't be (he wants to translate CURE to CARE) I for one find this ridiculous.

Instead of waiting for him to release such an abomination, I have copy/pasted all his translations into a convenient .doc

Unfortunately, the problem is, that intolerant fanboys exist.  The very word "abomination" is only testament to the religious fanaticism this lunatic has to the game.  It is his kind that hold the project back from being an accurate translation.  

We take translations very seriously.  We did not jump into the word care, nor did we enjoy using it.  We did so because it is the only word that kea (romaji) represents.  It is the only word that fits and indeed, it was another forum which alerted me to this fact.

To write something as utterly false and aggressive as that, only shows the kind of moronic arseholes I have had to deal with there and elsewhere online.   The people in question are hoping to release their own patch using 90% of our slavery which they then laughably call names at.

Obesebear, is typical of the scum out there that would go all crazy over a f***ing letter.  Yes 1 letter.  There are starving people about; people being bombed, and his biggest worry is the word "Care", what a f***ing  idiot.

I wouldn't be so annoyed if the people in question, titeguy3 and Obesebear had ASKED us, but they went to a private forum preparing their little plagarisms.  What makes this more frustratingis the fact they do not appear to be giving any credit at all to the people who have worked hard on this.  

but feels that you haven't done it correctly, he's got the right to do it the way he sees fit.

You've done some good work, Seif.... putting all that effort into re-translating the script....but the truth is... some of your translations are just plain bad in the eyes of the majority.

The eyes of the majority?  The translators here speak Japanese.  None of the people who he is working with do.  This only shows the stupidity at work here and the have such a casually insulting attitude towards this, gauls me.  He doesn't even realise that if he changes parts of this translation he is making it LESS ACCURATE.  What an ignorant bastard.
'Ive taken some aspects of your re-translations and incorporated them into a patch of my own because a lot of it is good stuff. But really, take it as a compliment that your good hard work is actually worth something to us. Obesebear isn't a highschool student and you have no patents, so accusing him of plagiarism is just stupid and obnoxious.

We would all like to know what "some is" wouldn't we?  I suspect 90% or more.  And as for the rest, that speaks volumes about your attitude.

-----------

Well, you have been shown up for what you are, and I am glad I had someone with the balls to tell me what you have been planning.  I am sorry that this will now mean a locked project but you all know who to blame.

I have posted this here and at Qhimms to shame the people involved:

Obesebear, titeguy3 among them.  The whole community here and at the other forums this project is being helped from, will all know what the thieving, hypocritcal little worms have done.  I am also glad that this came to my attention before the main update was completed.  We begin the dialogue soon and that is the ultimate part of it.  We will not kow tow to canon or to fanboys.  You will have to like it or lump it.

« Last Edit: 2009-09-13 09:05:52 by Sephs_Twin »

Jari

« Reply #10 on: 2009-09-13 12:38:54 »
Well, shit. My irony-meter just asploded.

Surely it ain't Seifer, coming here again to bitch and moan about something? I have this strong sense of déjà vu - must be a glitch in the Matrix.

Well, in any case, tough luck, Seifer. You could always send a cease & desist, seeing that they are so evilly ripping off your work and all. I mean, every work of art should automatically be protected by copyright in a nation which has signed the Berne convention.

Unless, of course... the work itself is an unauthorized, and rips off something else that is protected by copyright.

Ooops.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #11 on: 2009-09-13 13:06:20 »
Ye gods, just shut up. You're making my brain hurt.

Anyone stealing other people's work without crediting is not something we approve of at these forums. If this has happened, point us to a specific example and action will be taken, at least within whatever limited context these forums have. That having been said, I sure as hell am not doing anything on your word alone, Seifer. Take the fucking hint and stay away, I grow tired of banning proxy after proxy. It's not like I'll chase you to the end of the world to refute your claims about us here all being losers, so just go for it.

As for the underlying issue at hand, doing a literal retranslation and using the fricking dictionary definitions to translate terms? Katakana terms, even? What the hell? You are seriously considering your work as an improved translation when one of your major conclusions is that a spell called ケア is better translated as "care" because that's how it is spelled... I am at a loss for words. I don't think either of you are in any position to berate others as "fanboys" considering your fanatical devotion to something so trivial, though I do find it slightly amusing (in that I'm-losing-faith-in-humanity kind of way) that so many of your arguments for insulting Obesebear are equally applicable to your own project. Still, I'm sure there are plenty of people who eagerly anticipate it, and it's not my place to take away what little purpose you may have in life.

Topic closed. I suppose I should be thankful that it was posted in Completely unrelated, at least.