Author Topic: Location of general sound FX (FFVII, PC/PSX)  (Read 2649 times)

Yahriel

Location of general sound FX (FFVII, PC/PSX)
« on: 2007-06-22 19:15:18 »
A while back I managed to get some sound FX off either the PSX version of the game, or the PC version (can't remember which). Now I can't find them again...

One set of sounds was just the individual midi instruments, plus the 3 or 4 vocals from OWA. <--- I think I got to that with PSound, but I can't seem to duplicate this.

The others I have yet to find... just the in-game stuff like doors opening/closing, ambient noises, elevator, etc... (menu noises were easy to find online).

Seriously. I can't find the in-game sound FX ANYWHERE on the PSX discs or the PC game data. x_x It's driving me crazy.
For the record, I've been using Ficedula's set of FFVII tools, and a few generic PSX programs found online.

Anyone have some pointers on finding these sound fx, or programs that I could use to get at them?

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
Re: Location of general sound FX (FFVII, PC/PSX)
« Reply #1 on: 2007-06-22 19:18:43 »
FF7SND from www.qhimm.com?

Yahriel

« Reply #2 on: 2007-06-22 19:33:22 »
:B that must've been one of the progs I accidently deleted a while back when I was cleaning.

Not quite what I remember, but this looks far more promising. Thanks!

G

• , kupo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-06-24 18:02:16 »
just the in-game stuff like doors opening/closing, ambient noises, elevator, etc...
Are you sure, that these noices in PSX version, are not in INSTR.ALL (using psound)?
I am creating new topic about Sound/AKAO related, look there for more info, check it later

EDIT:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6820.0
« Last Edit: 2007-06-24 19:29:49 by G »

Yahriel

« Reply #4 on: 2007-06-24 22:49:38 »
Just checked those...

INSTR.ALL - individual midi instruments
INSTR2.ALL - the vocals from OWA
EFFECT.ALL - you'd think it would contain sound FX, but PSound can't find anything in it. o_O

pretty much found what I needed now. Thanks!