Author Topic: Problems with FF7 Remix...  (Read 15748 times)

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
Problems with FF7 Remix...
« on: 2010-05-23 05:04:53 »
I downloaded and applied this today, and Now the opening fmv only displays white and runs at like 10 fps max.
 I have Windows 7 ultimate 64,2x Ati Radeon Hd 5770's, 2x2gb of ddr3 1600 ram, and an AMD phenom II x4 965 be 3.8 ghz proccessor...

Why is this happening and the game running so slow?Im running it at 1920x1080 is that a problem??

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with FF7 Remix...
« Reply #1 on: 2010-05-23 05:48:29 »
Also when I start up it says no good indirect path found. Check APP.LOG for more information.

I just left it on long enough to get past the first fmv(which stated I am cloud, soldier 1st class twice then just soldier 1st class)lol

At the first battle...It says a very bad error has pccurred, please check app.log.The game also runs at 3 fps during play.
What can I do to fix this?I really want this to work...

BTW after the mods does wedge look like a super round goofball to anyone else?

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #2 on: 2010-05-23 06:04:55 »
Also when I start up it says no good indirect path found. Check APP.LOG for more information.

I just left it on long enough to get past the first fmv(which stated I am cloud, soldier 1st class twice then just soldier 1st class)lol

At the first battle...It says a very bad error has pccurred, please check app.log.The game also runs at 3 fps during play.
What can I do to fix this?I really want this to work...

BTW after the mods does wedge look like a super round goofball to anyone else?

first, no double posty, it be a big nonoz.

please post your APP.log

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-05-23 06:18:05 »
Here is the app.log

INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r19334, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Microsoft Corporation GDI Generic 1.1.0
INFO: No OpenGL 2.0 support detected, shaders won't be available-----(I have 2xhd 5770's I DEFINATELY have support...)
INFO: No swap_control extension, cannot control framerate
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1920x1080, output resolution 1920x1080, internal resolution 1920x960
INFO: No NPOT texture support
ERROR: init_indirect failed, scaling and postprocessing will be disabled
INFO: internal resolution clamped to 1920x1080
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; rawvideo/null 364x353, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 0.066667, frames: 1
INFO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; mpeg4/mp3 640x480, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 247.788000, frames: 3717
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
SET VOLUME 5: 127
INFO: 24-bit PNG loaded (C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/textures/WMRP/menu/buster_00.png); this is slow, please convert to 32-bit
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save00.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save01.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save02.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save03.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save04.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save05.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save06.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save07.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save08.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save09.ff7
ERROR: GL_INVALID_VALUE
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
INFO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\opening.avi; mpeg4/mp3 1280x960, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 119.510167, frames: 1793
ERROR: GL_INVALID_VALUE for about 50 lines...
ERROR: unhandled exception

If it means anything I have lots of graphics forcing turned on in Catalyst Control Center... Maybe I should disable it all...

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
« Reply #4 on: 2010-05-23 06:33:37 »
Did you copy over and modify the ff7input.cfg file?

And this should be in the tech support section...

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-05-23 06:44:34 »
no I did not... I just installed ff7 then the remix in staller, and edited my opengl.cfg file. but obviously my gfx card is not being detected correctly...

Sorry bout the wrong are post....

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-05-23 07:24:21 »
the problem does seem to be opengl, you card does support opengl but for some reason you card is being detected wrong, you could try a newer version of Aali's Driver to see if it can detect your card better or you could do as you sugested before and mess with the options in CCC (Catalyst Control Center) or if you can maybe you should try a different version of CCC, it could be that version of CCC and display driver that are causing the problem.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-05-23 07:41:22 »
Tried the new version of Aali's and a fresh install of ffvii without any mods and it did the smae thing... gonna try my gfx card drivers although last time I tried to update I got black borders around the display :(

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-05-23 12:23:57 »
Black borders?? I think that's just preserve aspect in Aali's driver.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #9 on: 2010-05-23 17:04:24 »
Tried the new version of Aali's and a fresh install of ffvii without any mods and it did the smae thing... gonna try my gfx card drivers although last time I tried to update I got black borders around the display :(

what drivers and stuff do you actually have, exactly

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-05-23 17:12:09 »

Do we have to repeat asking this everytime someone asks for help?? I wish there was a new rule to post his or her cpu parts to make helping much easier, don't you think so Jaitsu??

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #11 on: 2010-05-23 17:16:10 »

Do we have to repeat asking this everytime someone asks for help?? I wish there was a new rule to post his or her cpu parts to make helping much easier, don't you think so Jaitsu??

indeed, ive only learnt to understand all this stuff in the last few months, but we can't help people if we don't know all the details, not that anyone new reads the rules

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-05-23 17:21:56 »
Maybe if Qhimm can edit the site for newbies so that before they can go to the messageboard he/she should first read the rules. Just a suggestion though. I myself haven't read the rules. Only learned the rules by going through the forums and having people post about double posting and stuff.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #13 on: 2010-05-23 17:23:08 »
Maybe if Qhimm can edit the site for newbies so that before they can go to the messageboard he/she should first read the rules. Just a suggestion though. I myself haven't read the rules. Only learned the rules by going through the forums and having people post about double posting and stuff.

i gave em a quick readthrough back when i joined, but if you plan on asking qhimm to do that, it might take a while, qhimm appears occasionally, but not to often

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-05-23 18:37:06 »
I downloaded and applied this today, and Now the opening fmv only displays white and runs at like 10 fps max.
 I have Windows 7 ultimate 64,2x Ati Radeon Hd 5770's, 2x2gb of ddr3 1600 ram, and an AMD phenom II x4 965 be 3.8 ghz proccessor...
Why is this happening and the game running so slow?Im running it at 1920x1080 is that a problem??

Lol Jaitsu and nikfrozty.... If you can tell by the bold lettering a did include my pc specs...always have in forums...Just seems to me a lot of time noone reads my post good enough to notice...Like you Nikforzty, I meant the new GFX drivers make a black border...not Aali's...

But anyway thanks for the quick replies and being active in the board...I got the problem all sorted out(It was my gfx drivers) But now as I said I can't get rid of this lame 1" overscan border....

btw playing the game in 1920x1080 holds almost no visual difference ffor me than the original aspect(but I also have NO filtering off. Maybe Som HEAVY antialiasing and anisotropy will help that alot..

« Last Edit: 2010-05-23 18:41:54 by jeffdamann »

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-05-23 18:47:04 »
It will help but in some computer it would make the performance better so it depends on your computer. :)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #16 on: 2010-05-23 23:08:13 »
and of course, if in doupt, upgrade your cards, and drivers

Beavii

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010-05-24 02:10:17 »
just a guess here,,,,

try launching task manager,,,,end windows explorer, and use the new task button to run ff7

this works on a few other games i have,,,,,dunno why though

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
« Reply #18 on: 2010-05-24 04:08:27 »

Did you just tell him to upgrade his HD 5770? Seriously?

ike you Nikforzty, I meant the new GFX drivers make a black border...not Aali's...

But anyway thanks for the quick replies and being active in the board...I got the problem all sorted out(It was my gfx drivers) But now as I said I can't get rid of this lame 1" overscan border....

btw playing the game in 1920x1080 holds almost no visual difference ffor me than the original aspect(but I also have NO filtering off. Maybe Som HEAVY antialiasing and anisotropy will help that alot..

In opengl.cfg change "preserve aspect ratio" to off.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #19 on: 2010-05-25 02:53:25 »

ike you Nikforzty, I meant the new GFX drivers make a black border...not Aali's...

my comment was meant as a joke, no need to get all up about it

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
« Reply #20 on: 2010-05-25 04:45:37 »

A joke? I don't get it.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010-05-25 06:02:52 »
Anyway guys it was just because my graphics driver was from the install disk and it was HARD to make the new CCC work, but I got it down and everything is fine now... Thanks.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #22 on: 2010-05-26 00:52:46 »

A joke? I don't get it.

well its not like the joke was meant specifically for you, but the joke is that with his graphics card that good, everything should run easily, so if its not working correctly, or if theres another problem, its a shot at how great the drivers supposed to be.

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
« Reply #23 on: 2010-05-26 02:51:34 »

A joke? I don't get it.

well its not like the joke was meant specifically for you, but the joke is that with his graphics card that good, everything should run easily, so if its not working correctly, or if theres another problem, its a shot at how great the drivers supposed to be.

A card that good? It's like the little buddy of the 5850. I mean it's good but not make jokes about how good it is good.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010-05-26 03:13:01 »
Let's all fight on the internet.  It'll be cool, I promise.