Author Topic: New Project: Bombing Mission!  (Read 528732 times)

Klownboy

• But. . .I let you die.
    • View Profile
Re: New Project: Bombing Mission!
« Reply #500 on: 2010-07-08 09:26:39 »
coming along nicely, can't wait to see this in game ^^

dragowulf

• View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 2010-07-08 10:53:01 »
I don't like the face at all.

ScottMcTony

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: 2010-07-08 13:45:21 »
The face looks terribly.. action figure.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: 2010-07-08 13:57:02 »
I like the face ;D

Oh, wait, I've already said that. :P

Never mind. If you want to please the people who watched AC and played CC before they played FF7, you can make Cloud look like a 12-year-old. With a tear streaming down his cheek. Perhaps you can make him wear 9001 belts and have some scars on his wrists from where he has cut himself. Maybe he can have a speech bubble saying "my heart is nothing but a black abyss", and you can change the sound of his sword attack to the chorus from Linkin Park's "Crawling". That ought to keep people happy. ::)

Or just keep on doing what you're doing; he looks great ATM. I'd say he could do with being a little paler, since his tan makes him look a bit more KH than FF7, but besides that it's damn near perfect. :mrgreen:

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
« Reply #504 on: 2010-07-08 14:15:24 »
Not happy with it myself as I am no character artist but it's the best I can do. Better than nothing, I guess :P

MADDOGG

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 2010-07-08 14:54:13 »
its better than what i can do, and what other people can do. it great better than the original.   

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 2010-07-08 15:58:28 »
i think the oddity of the face is in the nose, it comes out too much. flatten the mesh just a tad, and reduce the shading on the upper part.

Mr. Amazing

« Reply #507 on: 2010-07-09 00:02:12 »
I quite like the new Cloud model, it is faithful to the original and gives Cloud that tougher appearance he lacks in the newer versions of him. A couple of suggestions though, I think it might look better if his lips were shrunk a little because at the moment they look huge while every depiction i can find has Cloud with almost no lips at all. I don't know if this is the angle but most of the pictures have his face a little wider than this and his eyes a little further apart

ScottMcTony

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: 2010-07-09 00:32:58 »
Gad damn the colouring of the face looks like polished plastic to me, maybe if there was slightly more detail, like, less perfect skin.
I called it action figurey before but really it's just, I would expect that to stand out while playing so man I, well, am bothered.

I am very impressed with the work on the clothing so far though.

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: 2010-07-09 00:53:55 »
I still prefer the looks of APZ Cloud, but this is still a WIP anyway.

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: 2010-07-09 00:55:53 »
cloud is looking stunning! I agree that his skin looks somehow...off? I can't quite put my finger on it, but IMHO, pull his cheeck bones back a little bit towards the back of the head. His face looks somewhat flat ATM, and sinking in his cheeks and give more "angle" to his cheecks should give a more natural face.

Just my opinion, and it appears you can get along just fine without it! keep it up!

lee

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: 2010-07-09 00:58:51 »
I agree that his skin looks somehow...off? I can't quite put my finger on it

It's the tan. He looks like he has been under a sunbed ;D

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 2010-07-09 01:41:45 »
Never mind. If you want to please the people who watched AC and played CC before they played FF7, you can make Cloud look like a 12-year-old. With a tear streaming down his cheek. Perhaps you can make him wear 9001 belts and have some scars on his wrists from where he has cut himself. Maybe he can have a speech bubble saying "my heart is nothing but a black abyss", and you can change the sound of his sword attack to the chorus from Linkin Park's "Crawling". That ought to keep people happy. ::)

I think that character description would appeal to all the ff7 emo goth fan boys out tharr. =D And damn... I really should have copyrighted that dark abyss thing before you started spamming it. *shakes fist*

On a moar srs note, I agree that the face looks kinda weird, and I'd say that it's cuz the lips are too big, or maybe the frown is a little off. O_O *shrugs* The rest looks awesome though! *thumbs up*

And uh... maybe he's tan because he just came from costa del sol, eh?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: 2010-07-09 01:46:43 »
And uh... maybe he's tan because he just came from costa del sol, eh?

But this is the bombing mission, and he's just spent five years in a tube :|

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 2010-07-09 01:48:02 »
Some one dumped a little fake tan into the tube.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: 2010-07-09 01:50:53 »
Maybe that's what the experiments were for 8)

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 2010-07-09 02:13:08 »
so thats how they figured out how to create spray tanning booths....those wern't incubators at all! And jenova was a skin cancer survivor...holy crap...its all coming together...

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #517 on: 2010-07-09 02:24:59 »
That does it, I'm never going to get a tan at a salon, ever. They'll just inject jenova cells in me. T_T (not that I ever considered it, I like fair skin =P)

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 2010-07-09 04:34:05 »

Isn't the upper body too short and especially too narrow compared to the legs?  :?

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 2010-07-09 04:47:11 »
Isn't the upper body too short and especially too narrow compared to the legs?  :?

His belt is pretty high up, which explains his upper body looking short. Also his pants are very baggy, which makes his bottom half wider:

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 2010-07-09 05:29:04 »
His belt is pretty high up, which explains his upper body looking short. Also his pants are very baggy, which makes his bottom half wider:

My model is completely to scale with the original :D

otaviofc

« Reply #521 on: 2010-07-09 05:47:45 »
It looks great imho and follows the original scheme :] Thumbs up for this model instead of a faggy emo AC Cloud haha

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #522 on: 2010-07-09 06:51:24 »
That's looking really good!

His shoulder pad is way too rusty looking though imo, and as others have said, his face could use a lil tweaking.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: 2010-07-09 11:44:47 »
That looks so awesome!! I think the only problem is the texture of Cloud's skin is so strong??

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 2010-07-09 13:48:56 »

I'd say:
Remove his lips and do some "anime" like mouth, just a line to show he has a mouth. That would be faithful to the original thing i quess. Something like this. As for the nose i would remove its thickness and add, again, something more "anime" more like the concept art. Thick noses kinda look bad, ending like this.