Author Topic: Equipment Switching Event  (Read 3724 times)

bossibou

• View Profile
Equipment Switching Event
« on: 2012-12-20 02:00:05 »
I would like to create an event that temporarily changes the equipment of a character. I am using Makou Reactor and there does not appear to be an OpCode for this.....or I can't seem to find it. I was wondering if anybody knew if a character's current equipment is saved to a variable and, if so, if anybody knew which one. Also, if I have simply overlooked an OpCode, please let me know as well. Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be provided.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Equipment Switching Event
« Reply #1 on: 2012-12-20 05:31:13 »
There is functionality that removes accessoires and materia but none that changes equipment. At least in all my time editing opcodes I haven't come across it.
In theory you can force a player to switch equipment for you by:
Saving the existing number of weapons ( you will need 1 variable for each so thats a lot of variables ) to variables
Then setting the numbers all to 0 ( not the variables you saved them to ) and giving them only the one weapon you want them to equip
then run a check. If that weapon count is NOT zero, lock them in a dialogue that removes movability but not menu access until the count IS zero i.e. they changed equip.

very roundabout, very stupid but the only way I can think of doing it

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-12-20 05:40:43 »
My theory is that one could look at the coding of Final Fantasy X to see how it was done in that game. Let us face it - if someone could make Final Fantasy VII's Battle System similar to that of Final Fantasy X's, that would be freaking awesome. I think the FF7.exe is where one needs to start.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: 2012-12-20 06:53:16 »
It's easier to make a new game than do what you said
Also, we barely know anything about FF9 coding, what makes you think we can just go and 'look at FF10 coding' like its an issue of looking up a book

bossibou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-12-23 05:24:29 »
Thank you for the advice Tenko. Not quite what I'm looking for in this particular case but an interesting way to go about it.