Author Topic: Sephiroth's Story Mod Broken  (Read 2801 times)

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
Sephiroth's Story Mod Broken
« on: 2016-08-13 19:56:24 »
Hey, the iros pastebin catalog file doesn't provide any links for the Sephiroth's Story catalog entry to download any content from, but I'm guessing you guys already knew that. If the Sephiroth's Story mod is so broken or incomplete that it can't be linked to in 7th Heaven as is, why put it in the catalog at all? It's just a broken entry now, and every time I click Download, it just says "Downloading..." but adds nothing to the download queue. Is that an acceptable shortcoming for the program to maintain until the mod can be fixed?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: Sephiroth's Story Mod Broken
« Reply #1 on: 2016-08-14 10:50:24 »
This is a case of 7H and how it functions. If a new mod or update is added, everything is automated and the user just clicks the Download button. It doesn't work the same in reverse because that was honestly something Iros didn't think to code in. So when a mod is removed (in this case, SSM is removed), it still remains in your catalog xml found in the ..appdata\Roaming\7th Workshop folder. If you close 7H, delete that catalog.xml, and reopen then you should see it gone. Also, any users setting up a new 7H after the removal will not see the removed mod in their catalog.

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
Re: Sephiroth's Story Mod Broken
« Reply #2 on: 2016-08-14 14:16:44 »
That didn't work for me, because the catalog file on pastebin hasn't been updated, so when it redownloaded the catalog after I deleted it, it still had Sephiroth's Story. What did fix it was manually editing out the entry in catalog.xml that said <Mod>... <Name>Miscellaneous - Sephiroth Story Mod</Name> ...</Mod>. Is the pastebin link in the Tifa's Final Heaven tutorial, pastebin.com/raw.php?i=dDBkYkDu, not the latest one?