Author Topic: [FF7PC] FFVII: Vincent's Sin (2010-07-29)  (Read 18700 times)

Valnus

[FF7PC] FFVII: Vincent's Sin (2010-07-29)
« on: 2010-07-26 01:56:47 »
FFVII: Vincent's Sin

About:
Basically this mod replaces Cloud with Vincent, Vincent with Sephiroth,and Barret with Cloud. I also changed some text to make it true to Vincent(Ex-Turk instead of Ex-SOLDIER, ect)

Screens:

In-Depth:

Battle.lpg:
Replaced Cloud's battle model with Vincent's pistol model, Barret's 3 models with Cloud's, and Vincent's 3 models with Sephiroth's

Char.lpg:
Large amount of model replacements. All of cloud's models have at least Vincent's eyes and gauntlet, all but the cross-dressing model has Vincent's head, and all Barret models have been replaced by similar Cloud models. Vincent's replaced by Sephiroth, keeping Vincent's cape recolored black.

world-us.lpg:
Replaces Cloud's p files with Vincent's so he shows up as the world map character.

Kernal.bin(+kernal2.bin):
Cloud's swords are as now equipable by Barret, and Barret's and Vincent's guns are equipable by Cloud.
Vincent can equip 4 Katanas: muramasa(initial), murasame, yoshiyuki, masamune(in the Ancient forest)
Removed the Elemental properties for Cloud's transformations (no more accidental healing)
Cloud is given Vincent's Main AI, for Limit Breaks, Limit breaks switched accordingly.
Cloud's initial name is Ex-Turk, and uses Gatling Gun, Barret uses Buster Sword
Young Cloud and Sephiroth are now now Stronger
I also renamed magic attacks (cure2,3 become cura, curaga, ect)

high-us.lpg:
Most of Cloud has been replaced by Vincent, but he now wares an odd spiky yellow helmet.

menu-us.lpg:
Cloud's and young Cloud's avatar is now Vincent's, Barret's is now Cloud's, and Vincent's is now Sephiroth's.

Optional file:
flevel.lpg:

Fair amount of text edited, Cloud is now called an ex-Turk, Tseng and Hojo recognizes him, his past with Tifa changed dramatically, as well as some other subtle changes.
Lucrecia's cave scene is now Cloud's instead of Vincent's, also receaving Cloud's final Limit Break.
Makes everyone shocked to see Vincent(replaced by Sephiroth), and drops the Masamune in the Ancient forest, replacing an elixir in the cave

Install:
Just run the exe and relax.
The installer automatically backs up the original files as [file].BAK, there's no smart checker to see if there's already a backup named that though so if you want to keep your current [file].BAK, rename it before running the installer
One thing to note: menu-us.lpg is not replaced by anything, the installer takes your menu-us.lpg and renames the avatars appropriately, not something you want to install multiple times.

Download:

Vincent's Sin.exe

« Last Edit: 2014-07-17 21:05:50 by Covarr »

Mirenheart

• Pone
    • View Profile
Re: FFVII: Vincent's Sin
« Reply #1 on: 2010-07-26 03:20:54 »
Wow, that's a pretty big mod! And you released it on your first post too! Might try this sometime.

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-07-26 11:39:43 »
Kudos for your good and neat post most of all. Wish all mod releases had the same template.
The mod itself seems to have some problems thou, i see lots of Vincents in those images.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-07-27 12:06:51 »
Hate to ask but I really want to download a 135 mb file just to know so what did you actually upload to make the file so big? Did you upload all of the lgps? If you did I'm not sure if its legal. Nice mod by the way, wasn't aware someone was working on it. Thanks. :)
« Last Edit: 2010-07-27 13:12:29 by nikfrozty »

Cazador

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-07-27 13:05:35 »
vice looking mod, if I get the time I'll check it out for sure!  :-D

Valnus

« Reply #5 on: 2010-07-27 15:10:37 »
flevel.lpg is what was taking up so much space, I'll split it apart soon, but there are a lot of files that were edited, so I figured this was okay for now.

I included the whole char.lpg because I was too lazy to take the time to locate all the files I changed, and high-us.lpg is so disorganized I wasn't too thrilled look in there again, but I wasn't aware it was illigal to provide the lpg, I'll change it soon.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-07-27 17:53:18 »
flevel.lpg is what was taking up so much space, I'll split it apart soon, but there are a lot of files that were edited, so I figured this was okay for now.

I included the whole char.lpg because I was too lazy to take the time to locate all the files I changed, and high-us.lpg is so disorganized I wasn't too thrilled look in there again, but I wasn't aware it was illigal to provide the lpg, I'll change it soon.

Yeah you'll need to create a patcher that will insert the modified files by unpacking the original lgp's and repacking them with your modified ones. 

Valnus

Re: [REL]FFVII: Vincent's Sin
« Reply #7 on: 2010-07-29 05:31:10 »
The Installer is now finished, but its the first one I've ever made so it may not be mind-blowingly amazing.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-07-29 11:36:49 »
Its all good then. Nice job by the way. How long have you been working on this? I'm really surprised to see a post by a new member with a release this big. :)

Valnus

« Reply #9 on: 2010-07-29 15:03:39 »
I've been working on it, off and on, most of the summer, ever since I got caught up in the rpg nostalgia of 3d Dot Hero for the PS3.

I've been following the forums for a couple years now, and I saw that there were similar mods too his one, but they were either dropped or never released, but I've never edited more than the kernel before now, originally I wasn't even going to post my mod(which is one reason it started out as a collection of lgp files), but I really liked how it turned out, and I felt I just had to put it out there.

Vercalos

« Reply #10 on: 2010-09-07 03:14:45 »
So who's the new villain of the game?  Barret?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-09-07 04:08:58 »
Food for thought: you can edit the EXE file to change around the default character names.

Valnus

« Reply #12 on: 2010-09-10 00:11:08 »
So who's the new villain of the game?  Barret?
Sephiroth is still the villain, its just a successful Sephiroth clone can join you.

Food for thought: you can edit the EXE file to change around the default character names.
I probably will once I have enough time, but for now, its low priority.