Author Topic: Kuroda Masahiro's mini mods (Requests closed) Latest: Rock Harmony hair and eyes  (Read 65634 times)

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
I adjusted the colours on him and added in the white sneakers, I'm going to try giving him the gloveless hands in a bit, but I'm looking through for any of the larger knife type weapons as well as any staves I have.

If you want, I can make his final weapon a scythe. :P

xenokain

• View Profile
WOW. Now that looks like zyzz  8) The height,the muscles,legs everything.

A scythe would be awesome as a final weapon ;D

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
Alrighty, and the way that weapons work is that there's 16 for Cloud, I could do it like this:
Staff, knife, staff, knife, staff, knife...

But for the last 2, AWESOME knife and SCYTHE!

Are you having any other unique characters, or just the normal cast? I'll also fix the kernal up for you to have proper weapon names to go with him.

xenokain

• View Profile
Awesome ;D

Just the normal cast. I only want him to be different. How many characters can a weapon name have? Is "veni vidi vici" too long for a weapon name?

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
IIRC the character limit is 16, it might be longer than that, or maybe there's no actual limit, as long  as you don't mind it overlapping or going off the screen.

Although, I am tempted to make Dio into Chestbro, or make occasional references to his speech.

example, when we officially meet Jesse and Biggs.

Biggs: I never thought we'd meet a soldier- Wait...You were in soldier?

Zyzz: U mirin' brah?

Jesse: ...I want to lick his abs...

Zyzz: Ahahahahahahaa! I get that all the time! You jelly Biggs?

Barret: What the!? I thought I said not to look directly at his glorious bronze body! (new screen) I'm the only beefcake this game needs, got it?

Zyzz: Whatever you say brah.

(Barret and co run through the door, Zyzz looks up and sees the Reactor)

chasedark

• View Profile
I got to that tutorial you told me to see and I came up with my first trial, now that I've got the hang of it I might be able to do more, however I'm still trying to figure out how to fix darkened field models in kimera.

I got cloud to have his ponytail in battle again, but I won't post a picture because unlike the error one this one isn't asking for help and I don't want people thinking I'm taking credit for someone else's model(which I stuck the ponytail on)

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
You use any kimera from 0.85 onwards to save the field models, which removes the darkened effect, you could just use kimera 0.95 or kimera 0.97a for it as well.

...Unless you were saving it with the 'enable shading' or whatever it's called, its called on, but if you did, it would be darkened in kimera and ingame.

And it's alright to show imaes of that, it's a screenshot of your progress as a splicer, everyone has to start somewhere.

chasedark

• View Profile
Well, thanks to your advice I've started animating the MP too, so I've got two screenshots from two views for this:

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
Is that Cloud's skeleton, or the MP?

It's starting to come along quite nicely,  and we still have a number of animations to go, but it's a better alternative to trying to change Barret or Vincent into MP Cloud.

...And then we can try to make Laguna from him, Laguna's pretty awesome.

chasedark

• View Profile
It's cloud's skeleton, I actually had to elongate the bottom part of the legs because Cloud is a little taller than the MPs(I could have alternatively moved the feet up, but I felt it was more fitting for it to be cloud if he was the right height) and the position of the MP stance made him float a bit so I had to transpose him down a bit.  I got four frames done so far mostly because I fell asleep while working on it.  They only took me about 20 minutes though(albeit the gun is the hardest part because it's attached to the hand.  I could splice it and make the gun a weapon, but I want to give MP Cloud a baton for a close range weapon).

xenokain

• View Profile

Although, I am tempted to make Dio into Chestbro, or make occasional references to his speech.

example, when we officially meet Jesse and Biggs.

Biggs: I never thought we'd meet a soldier- Wait...You were in soldier?

Zyzz: U mirin' brah?

(Barret and co run through the door, Zyzz looks up and sees the Reactor)

That's actually funny.lol. This would work. you already know how the whole group thinks then. Its exactly what they would say in the game. Making another character Chestbrah or occasional references is ok.

chasedark

• View Profile
Thinking about it at work, splicing might be able to make custom characters a reality for me.  If I can figure out what kind of costumes I wanna give them and I can get animations set up the way I want to it shouldn't be hard to make a bunch of them, so long as I don't mind using the original FF7 style graphics(Though I do like the Chibi-styles field ones{the custom enhanced ones}) I'm not entirely unfond of FF7's graphics as a whole.

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
I wouldn't do a complete script change myself, but I wouldn't mind talking over what changes could be made, and if I did do it by myself, I would just do a few scenes, such as first meeting Barret and co, meeting tifa, going to the gym in Wallmart (I considered making a reference to the alleged steroid abuse in that scene, but I didn't know if that would be in bad taste.) and minor ones, such as meeting Chestbrah/Dio. (I'd basically reuse his head and give him the jacket, shirt and jeans I saw here - )

Oh, I also packaged the new Aeris model that you wanted, the mage one, I just need to fix her field models, are there any other redesigns you want?

I can't find many images for the other characters,but I could include 2 packages, which has only Aeris and Zyzz, and one that has the redesigned Tifa, Avalanche, Nanaki, etc.

xenokain

• View Profile
Yes I wouldn't want the whole story changed,it would turn into a months long project that maybe never end trying to get a perfect story. The zyzz mod is pretty much what I wanted.

If you want to make a 2nd version with references you can if it doesn't take too much time. The idea about the gym is cool since they are working out. The steroid joke wouldn't work unless we were going for a full story and you had to know everything about his life. Some people still have no clue he took steroids. lol. But ya the game is in good fun and zyzz himself was all about enjoying every second you live.

The tifa you have with tonfa i think it says 4.9. Could I use that one? If the Dio character doesn't work ill rename Vincent to Chestbrah. Since hes always quiet and has his look sort of.

If I can think up a good redesign for someone ill let you know.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-07 04:01:15 by xenokain »

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
For different projects, I did change the entire game's scripts to be around 96% different in around 3 weeks, and most of it was just me writing the overall plot and new events.

...In said project, I did also skip the scenes between Cloud falling into the church to waking up., along as some other scenes being cut or shortened, such as the scene that the Nibelheim flashback should have happened, it was instead a 5 minute scene where they had a serious discussion about their plans and what exactly is going on.

Also, you want the normal field right? Or do you want the CRP or PRP?

xenokain

• View Profile
Yes the Normal field model.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile

Iceboundphoenix

• View Profile
I was curious about the tonfa tifa weapon, are those changes part of a mod as a whole or currently not implemented in any major mod? I think it would be neat to try something out like that is all.

xenokain

• View Profile
For different projects, I did change the entire game's scripts to be around 96% different in around 3 weeks, and most of it was just me writing the overall plot and new events.

You must be a good storyteller xD

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
It's really just a matter of knowing what dialogue is said when and how it can be edited, and what was the other person you wanted in it? You were going to get me the pic after you ate. =P

xenokain

• View Profile
There is a guy named Gazz part of zyzz's crew with yellow hair who I thought would make a good Cid. I sent a picture with shades which could maybe be changed to goggles. Well basically Cid with muscles wearing pants. Since he already has the hair,goggles,face.

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
Alrighty, this is it so far.

Cloud - Zyzz
Tifa - LP Tifa
Aeris - Malvado Aeris
Barret - Normal (I could make him a robot, a Soldier 2nd Class or keep him as Barret, but make him use a sword or traditional guns instead, etc.)
Nanaki - Normal (I could make him a dragon, Dark Vlakados, Hell Rider, Ultima Weapon, Armoured, Guard Scorpion, or a few other things.)
Yuffie - Normal (I have quite a few redesigns for her, such as Soldier 2nd class, A Black Knight, A water themed ninja, An Cerulean Knight, etc)
Cait Sith - Normal (I have no redesigns available, but there is one that removes the moogle, one that makes the moogle look intimidating, and I do have the means of making him human.)
Vincent - Normal (I could make him wear Sephiroth's clothes with a white cape, A dark nightmare look, A MP, A Soldier, etc.)
Cid - Gazz.

xenokain

• View Profile
Cloud - Zyzz
Tifa - LP Tifa
Aeris - Malvado Aeris
Barret - I could make him a robot = This one would work.
Nanaki - Ultima Weapon
Yuffie - A water themed ninja
Cait Sith - I have no redesigns available, but there is one that removes the moogle = perfect. Zyzz had a black cat name Murka which ill name him.
Vincent - I could make him wear Sephiroth's clothes with a white cape
Cid - Gazz.

Just noticed the large knife on the first page you gave him. Im mirin xD
« Last Edit: 2014-08-07 18:22:40 by xenokain »

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
And I know how much you like him, so you will notice references and whatnot. =P

For instance, the flavour text for the scythe is "One day, everybody will die and be forgotten."

Whereas his final limit break will be called Veni Vidi Vici as well as his ultimate knife, which has the flavour text "I came, I saw, I conquered. (censored) being second."

And I did plan on quite a few references, and I have a corker of an event planned for Wallmarket, especially the gym. jejeje

Alrighty, I'll finish up with the models and a few other things, then send it over, but first, dinner.

...And a bath, I just came back from work and I need one after this terrible day. -.-

xenokain

• View Profile
Alright thanks. Nice touch throwing in references ;D