Author Topic: That's it  (Read 53695 times)

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
Re: That's it
« Reply #25 on: 2010-03-31 02:44:20 »
Not to be a douche, but it isn't nice to assume this is a joke. He is hurt/played and some are assuming it's an April Fools thing. I know you guys are saying that because you want him back and I wouldn't see why not but you shouldn't go about thinking this is a joke.

In their defense, they don't assume or think that it is a joke.  They pray to the high heavens that it is a joke 'cause if it's not, the situation doesn't look good.  But I think they realize that this probably is not a joke.  (For one thing, something of that nature just doesn't come across as something Jari would do, does it?)

EDIT: Damn it, you two!  I tried to be your hero and jump to your defense, but you're just too fast! >:(
« Last Edit: 2010-03-31 02:45:56 by The Seer of Shadows »

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010-03-31 02:45:09 »
We're not assuming - only utterly dumbfounded that it has come to this. So please forgive for dealing with it that way. We know that isn't it, but hey, it gave us a little hope. Jari was the sheriff, and a good one. We kinda need him back, he is a class-a guy.

Yeah, I know. I try to think that he will be back, or at least I hope it will happen. This is how I'm dealing with it right now.

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010-03-31 02:47:12 »
I think we're all just feeling like someone died. Well Bandito kinda did. Let's hope he comes back. I still kinda wanna hear from Qhimm on the whole deal.

EDIT: Ha thanks Seer. I've been following this thread close.

Colonel Ramsay

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010-03-31 02:57:07 »
Today is 31st March, not april 1st, though nothing would surprise me about the (former) admin of this forum.  Sweet dreams :)

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010-03-31 03:05:29 »
Well, there are people who do April Fools stuff in advance, simply because it's all so predictable on April Fools Day.  But again, I doubt the date has any relation to this action from Jari.

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010-03-31 03:13:33 »
Jari,

I never got to thank you. You treated me fairly, even after I did something so obviously bad. You showed me kindness, where most moderators would have just banned me. I will miss talking to you on the IRC, you are really quite fun to talk to ;).

Thanks for taking up the torch when our forums were plauged with trolls, you were a good moderator.

I will miss you, you big cat luvver. ;).

yours,
Mendy_Chan

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010-03-31 03:50:41 »
  Hello All!

I can confirm that Jari/Ammo did infact unban me. Although I would like very much to return  but I am to ashamed to go back I hate that Jari quit he was a great Admin. Furthermore I am deeply upset that Qhimm lost a good friend today and I am sorry for that. But one thing an Admin should not do which Ammo did was air his problems to the Qhimm  forum and his discussion should have stayed between them. Also he does not have the authority to remove such a ban on me or anyone else. Even still in light of this new info I maintain that I am not who he thinks I am.It is a shame that he could not see past his hate for masteraden. Just like to point out one more thing nobody is the hero here Jari I am still gone and Qhimm has lost a friend.

This will be the last post here untill I get conformation from the Admin that I am unbanned . To those of you who think this forum has taken its worst hit ever I do need to remind you that Jari and Qhimm have had there disagreements in the past and all has turned out ok as will this incedent.
Thought I'm not sure what "social hacking" is I can garentee that the ownership of the forums are not going anywhare.

Jari is somehow confusing worded posts as "saving the forum" there just words people even if the whole forum falls into chaos it can be restored to an earlyer date at just a click of a mouse.

To the people posting negative stuff about me (kudistos,princelex,the seer of shadows) although I do not know any of you except kudistos you are right in your suspicions about me from the outside I look like the worst troll ever too hit these forums. But I just wan't to say a couple of things in my defence. Both Qhimm and Ammo have an idea of how a troll should behave heck all of you do now tell me when you look at my posts back when I called you all my friends. All I did here was help people diddn't troll. I was happy; and you guy's were fun escpecally you kudistos how can you act so harshly without knowing all the facts? Ammo anf Qhimm themselves have defended me that is were the confusion I think took place is when they began to ask themselves (I think) why does it feel so wrong to ban her. Again im just talking out of my bum but I helped as much as I could and still consider all of you my friends even though my involuntary actions brought you down I am SO sorry I did not mean to hurt you all so bad and now my actions led to Jari quitting I can never face you guys I am ashamed I am to blame for you and Qhimm losing a friend I have beged them to end it I diddn't want to be unband and if I was as bad as Jari made me sound why do I feel so terrible I just want it all to go back to the way it was when we had fun...

P.S Forgive typo's as when typed I was crying I do that alot lately....
« Last Edit: 2010-03-31 03:57:39 by Mako »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010-03-31 03:56:22 »
I'm under the impression that Qhimm wanted (or was at least contemplating) unbanning you, so you may as well stay until more light is shed on all of this.

Speaking of which, I would really like to know what he plans to do since we are now basically admin-less once again.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010-03-31 03:59:14 »
I'm under the impression that Qhimm wanted (or was at least contemplating) unbanning you, so you may as well stay until more light is shed on all of this.

Speaking of which, I would really like to know what he plans to do since we are now basically admin-less once again.
Nothing would make me more happy..I just dont think people would treat me the same...

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010-03-31 04:07:24 »
To the people posting negative stuff about me (kudistos,princelex,the seer of shadows) although I do not know any of you except kudistos you are right in your suspicions about me from the outside I look like the worst troll ever too hit these forums. But I just wan't to say a couple of things in my defence. Both Qhimm and Ammo have an idea of how a troll should behave heck all of you do now tell me when you look at my posts back when I called you all my friends. All I did here was help people diddn't troll. I was happy; and you guy's were fun escpecally you kudistos how can you act so harshly without knowing all the facts?

Where did I do that?

If you're talking about my post earlier in this thread, I didn't mean that you were definitely a troll. I said that the "Mako situation" could be troublesome (i.e. if you really are who Jari suspected you were, emphasis on the "if"); I'm not really sure what to believe, so I'm trying to stay neutral in this. Until I know the full story, I'm not going to make any comments saying you definitely are a troll or you definitely are not. As you said, I don't know all the facts, so I'm not sure about anything and won't pretend to be.

Also, it's worth noting that my trust in people being who they say they are is temporarily lower thanks to another recent incident.

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010-03-31 04:08:59 »
Just a few notes, and I'm gonna try to make this as objective as possible.

But one thing an Admin should not do which Ammo did was air his problems to the Qhimm  forum and his discussion should have stayed between them.

There has been so much confusion going on in the forum and everyone was wondering what was happening when you got banned. And of course, "Suspected to be an old troll" just isn't going to cut it. So I disagree with keeping us in the dark when it comes to important matters like these. It would just cause more confusion and sadness.

I diddn't want to be unband

Then I got offered a forum of my own. And money. Which was kinda creepy.

By the looks of it, it seems like you had been trying to bribe yourself back into the forum, so it's hard for me to believe it when you say you didn't want to get unbanned.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010-03-31 04:22:24 »
Just a few notes, and I'm gonna try to make this as objective as possible.

But one thing an Admin should not do which Ammo did was air his problems to the Qhimm  forum and his discussion should have stayed between them.

There has been so much confusion going on in the forum and everyone was wondering what was happening when you got banned. And of course, "Suspected to be an old troll" just isn't going to cut it. So I disagree with keeping us in the dark when it comes to important matters like these. It would just cause more confusion and sadness.

I diddn't want to be unband

Then I got offered a forum of my own. And money. Which was kinda creepy.

By the looks of it, it seems like you had been trying to bribe yourself back into the forum, so it's hard for me to believe it when you say you didn't want to get unbanned.

Like I said Tifa Gurl you don't know the whole story I was trying to find out how much info he had

Like I said, more details to follow, and I am very, very tempted to mention both her and her husband's actual details right about now.

Now with not knowing how much he had I begged him not too. Even offered money and a forum of his own
I was a wreck some guy on the internet is doing background checks on me I was scared. Also like to point out I've always wanted to come back but again it wouldn't be the same. This guy new alot and you would be afraid to.

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010-03-31 04:39:45 »
I would hardly say I was posting negative stuff about you. I was just looking at the situation objectively.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010-03-31 04:39:52 »
I don't think anyone here has enough information to make any judgements on you, good or bad.  Are you masteraden? Maybe.  Are you his gf or a friend of a friend?  Maybe.  The point is, no one really knows anyone else around here.   For all anyone around here knows I could be Qhimm or RPGillespie, hell I could even be an alternate account Jari made a few years back.  The point being it's the internet, it's not a big deal.

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010-03-31 04:46:11 »
I was a wreck some guy on the internet is doing background checks on me I was scared.

First I get gagged and dragged from our own IRC channel into a nice little chat with Esper.Net server OPs. Because you see, I have stolen credit card information and intimidated people. That was settled fairly quickly when the OPs realized that the former was not even theoretically possible, and for the latter; the person whom I so intimidated told me that she wanted me to be her friend, just before saying goodbye.

Like he said, finding out such personal information was impossible. He was also being very kind to you during this whole issue. He did feel an attachment towards you and was sad about the whole thing. It's not like he was being all "scary internet man" with you.

Like I said Tifa Gurl you don't know the whole story

This is why we need to enlighten people on Qhimm with what's happening. :P People will get wrong ideas.

Sefurosu

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010-03-31 04:47:04 »
Internet drama... lolololololol

GlitterBerri

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010-03-31 04:51:28 »
Jari - while I agree with some of the points you raised, I nonetheless think it is vital that the moderators of this forum are not participating in troll baiting or bullying users. Pointless threads like these scare off new members and heavily detract from the focus of the forums, which will degenerate into drama and arguing. I'm sorry you're leaving.

Mako - You're right. Due to the controversy surrounding you, it is unlikely people will see you in the same light regardless of the admins' decision. For now, your ban is lifted. Thank your lucky stars and make a new account with a different name to shed the past and avoid ill will.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010-03-31 04:52:09 »

If you don't have anything constructive to say please refrain from posting. To some of us he was (still is) a friend and this is a big deal.

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010-03-31 04:55:34 »
Well, I guess it's my turn to weigh in on this

So, as I've said before, I've been around here since 2006, but didn't start posting regularly until a few weeks ago.  That being said, I feel like my knowledge of everybody is somewhere between "n00b" and "veteran".  I hate the fact that Ammo felt the need to leave.  However, it does seem like he was pushed to it, and while I don't like it, I can say that I understand his reasons for doing so.

Masteraden, as I said before, I have no real idea of what you did, so I'm going to completely forgo judgement on you.  I'm just not well informed enough

Mako, while this does tie into the whole Masteraden thing, this situation I understand about as well as anybody here...  I don't know what to believe, as I've observed, you're a great person, but at this time, we really don't have any true way of verifying that you are who you say you are, except your word.  As much as I would like to believe you are who you say you are, I can't.  At the same time, however, I can't believe you're an alt for Masteraden.  I just don't know who or what to believe.

Seifer, I was absent during your time.  I have nothing to say on the matter

Hermoor, if you are reading this.  I'll put this as nice as I possibly can.  You did a horrible job at trying to troll us, to the point where we just reversed it, and you didn't seem to get it.  I have no problem with you being around here, as long as you actually contribute something, to be honest.  As it stands though, you do nothing but give us something to laugh at when bored, and it gets old after a while.

Qhimm, You've really gotta talk Ammo into coming back, or appoint new mods.  I think the best nominations have already been made.  So I have nothing more to add to that.  Except, that I fear this whole scenario could threaten the life of this forum.  Not that this reflects on you, or any of us really.  This has just been a situation that makes a whole community unstable, and that tends to happen now and then.

Everybody else...  Let's not let this forum die

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010-03-31 04:56:42 »
Mako - You're right. Due to the controversy surrounding you, it is unlikely people will see you in the same light regardless of the admins' decision. For now, your ban is lifted. Thank your lucky stars and make a new account with a different name to shed the past and avoid ill will.

Wouldn't making a new account just cause more trouble in the end when she'd be discovered? @_@ It would also make people trust her less and make the whole Master-Aden story more plausible.

Sefurosu

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010-03-31 05:00:43 »

If you don't have anything constructive to say please refrain from posting. To some of us he was (still is) a friend and this is a big deal.

I'm sorry. I was under the impression that this was a game modding forum. But apparently people can't just shut up and be content with what this is supposed to be, can they? If nobody replied to the trolls, this kind of thing wouldn't happen. I do remember Jari trolling a lot shortly before he was an admin. I've never cared for him, he just antagonized the trolls. Personally, I think we'll be fine if someone else fills this gap.

In any case, I find it hilarious that people can get so worked up about these things on a video game forum. It's just funny and a little sad.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010-03-31 05:04:53 »

I'm sorry. I was under the impression that this was a game modding forum. But apparently people can't just shut up and be content with what this is supposed to be, can they? If nobody replied to the trolls, this kind of thing wouldn't happen. I do remember Jari trolling a lot shortly before he was an admin. I've never cared for him, he just antagonized the trolls. Personally, I think we'll be fine if someone else fills this gap.

In any case, I find it hilarious that people can get so worked up about these things on a video game forum. It's just funny and a little sad.

I was under the impression that this was in the completely unrelated section of the forum. IE not related to video games or modding at all.

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010-03-31 05:06:07 »

I was under the impression that this was in the completely unrelated section of the forum. IE not related to video games or modding at all.
I was also under the impression that this is a community where we make friends as well, and one of them just left, causing a good deal of sadness within us.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010-03-31 05:06:35 »
Like he said, finding out such personal information was impossible.

Nothing is impossible that is how fraud happens and I pray you don't experience it.

He was also being very kind to you during this whole issue. He did feel an attachment towards you and was sad about the whole thing. It's not like he was being all "scary internet man" with you.
Your right after we talked I felt much better but still doesn't change how I responded to his threat.

This is why we need to enlighten people on Qhimm with what's happening. :P People will get wrong ideas.
I agree but its likely such info would not satisfy anyone my Fiancée was a banned member of this forum I did not know this and walked right into Ammo's rage but the suck thing about it all is I was a decent contributing member  before my ban  so then things got complicated (I think). I am a nice person and wish no ill will no anyone on these forums and even refused to troll even when asked repeatedly by former trolls. So what would be the harm in letting me hang out? If I was who Ammo accused me of I would have trolled at least a little by now or done something anything that normal trolls do. I also beg for Ammo's return even though he banned me and will probably do it again I still call for his return.  

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010-03-31 05:07:14 »

So you must find it funny to make friends online? Being in a video game forum does require some kind of devotion if you want things to get done, and whether you like it or not you might just in fact develop friendships with the people you are working with. And when things aren't going well for people you care for (yes you can care for someone you've never met in real life), of course you're going to get all worked up, unless you don't have a heart. Maybe you find this idea funny, well that's fine, we don't. Just please try not to make an arse out of yourself.