Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2431113 times)

NateNight

• Hi
    • View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #325 on: 2012-11-17 14:17:16 »
Hello. I just wanna say, what an amazing tutorial you have done, taking me step by step throughout the whole process! I'm pretty sucky with computers. Unfortunately I have run into a problem though. When I start the game, the audio... well the opening movie has no audio whatsoever. After that There is field music but no SFX whatsoever. There is also no audio for the Eidos and Squaresoft opening movies.

I'm pretty sure I did everything as the tutorial says, although here's one thing. the FF7Music installation didn't pop up automatically like the other stuff did on Step 9. When everything was done I ran it up myself and installed it. Was I wrong to do that?

Reading at other posts it seems it would help if I posted an APP log? How can I do that?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #326 on: 2012-11-17 15:47:22 »
FF7Music has 2 versions: 15112 and 15113 --- Which did you install?

NateNight

• Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2012-11-18 00:27:10 »
It was 15113.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2012-11-18 00:32:43 »
FF7Music 15113 has some bugs.
Use 15112 instead.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2012-11-18 01:30:16 »
Yes, thank you PitBrat. That is exactly why I asked  :)

NateNight

• Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2012-11-18 09:40:15 »
Well I uninstalled FF7Music and installed the 15112 one instead but no change at all. Plays background field music but no audio for sound effects or movies  :(

EDIT: Aha, on further tinkering I have fixed it now! For some reason my computer had the audio split between two devices, one I could hear and the other I could not. Now it's all set to play through one via the FF7Config. I'm so sorry for my stupidity!
« Last Edit: 2012-11-18 13:56:00 by NateNight »

rachelsings

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2012-11-18 14:11:28 »
Hi-
Hoping someone can help me out.  First off, amazing work on this tutorial and amazing work on all the mods (to the creators).  I've got everything set up the way I want except for two issues.  The first is the more urgent one.

Game runs fine but I'm not a huge fan of the new sound effects in the battle scenes.  Also, my sound card seems to be having issues with it.  Effects will either:

a)  Come in very faintly and/or disappear.  For example, in the opening scenes the guards "Beam Gun" attack will usually work ok when the first guard uses it but subsequent usage of that attack by the guards will be silent.  Same thing with my characters attack sounds, sometimes they're fine but sometimes they don't register.  The new gun sounds seem to be the only attack sounds that always work.

b)  Spell castings and limit attack sounds by the main characters are spotty.  The casting sounds works (sometimes) with the new sound but the sound of the spell or limit hitting never work.

Initially installed the BFE configurator using Pitbrats settings.  When I encountered the issue I tried re-running the configurator while un-checking the "New SoundFX" box but it still tries to use the new sounds.

Note:  The save point  model is still FFX version even though I also had that unchecked/no change in the configurator.  So it seems like this change isn't holding through the installation for some reason.

I thought it might be a driver issue.  I have an integrated Nvidia C55-MB card, driver says it's up date.

Any suggestions?  I'd prefer to disable the new effects if I could.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 2012-11-18 15:11:26 »
@rachelsings

Unchecking it doesn't mean it uninstalls that option. It means that it leaves it alone during the Bootleg installation. You will need to do a complete reinstall to change sounds and save points to the original.

1. Go to Control Panel
2. Uninstall FF7Music
3. Uninstall Final Fantasy VII
4. Delete the installation folder of all the junk files
5. Install Final Fantasy VII
6. Run Bootleg, keeping what you don't want unchecked
« Last Edit: 2012-11-18 15:13:15 by EQ2Alyza »

rachelsings

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2012-11-20 01:29:00 »
Hi EQ2Alyza-
Thank you.  I did all that and that fixed the new battle sounds, thank you!

However, I'm still getting the same sound glitches with the old SFX.  Seems centered around spells.  Any ideas?

I also wanted to test something out.  I loaded the game and the mods on my Dell Vostro with Windows 7.  Sound on that one is perfect but the FMV's lag like crazy.  I don't care which system I really get it working on 100% lol, as long as I get it working on 1.  My vostro doesn't have a very beefy GPU, just the on board one.  Game play and battles run perfectly fine, just the FMV's/movies.

Anyway, any other suggestions you can make would be great.  Much appreciated.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2012-11-20 20:19:03 »
Have you tried testing the sound before applying any mods?

domapples

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2012-11-22 00:48:57 »
Hey there,

Sorry to be a complete n00b but I'm having real difficulty making this game work.

List of problems:

- Movies don't play and instead show a red font error code
- At start-up I'm warned that Aali's OpenGL won't function and to expect serious lag
- Black screen instead of combat shown during start-up
- Custom beginning and game screen not showing

Please help me out, I'm an avid FF7 fan and have been since I was seven.
I just want to play this game to death with the modifications :-(

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2012-11-22 02:07:15 »
Post your APP log first. It's in the main install folder.

Jreeds26

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 2012-11-23 21:01:08 »
Ok I had my brother help me install this and got it working! I noticed the mods music, menu interface etc..all cool, but clouds field model was still the same..so I tried opening the bootleg and changing his field model to something different but I noticed there isn't a way to save? So after reading online a bit I think I needed to re-install ff7. So I reinstalled and tried running bootleg again and it said missing ff7.exe so my brother installed it to a diff folder ( I think J:games/FF7 was were he changed it to, and I copied the Kramer folder and pasted it into J:games/FF7 as well, like the guide said, (( keep in mind I have US 2012 version )) I then opened Kramer folder and doubled clicked the program and extracted it as well ( not sure if I even need to do that since I pasted the folder there? But then made sure to change the 32/64 to "E" and then double clicked each one to update registry. Now I made sure bootleg.exe was ran as admin. And opened BFE. I still had all my mods in J:games/FF7mods so I checked and all the files were green and yellow which is good.  ( I downloaded the entire mod list from torrent.) I changed the preset to pitbrat and I know some mods from overhaul were checked so I was thinking cool it'll be a little different. So I ran bootleg and it started the installation part. Sprinkles...Etc Etc....does say missing movie 1 files but it stilled worked last time so it didn't bother me but then eventually it gets towards the end I thinking..and it says something like "installing Aeroth revival and/or pheonix or something along those lines and it says like "copied files (0) copied files (0) and again and again etc...then it just sits there and does the ......thing I waited probably about 5 minutes thinking it wasn't going to finish...ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED, I feel like I'm doing something small wrong and I'm very close to getting this working, any help please!

Please don't cross-post the same question in multiple threads. I have deleted your other post. ~Covarr
« Last Edit: 2012-11-23 21:17:08 by Covarr »

XxwitelitexX

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2012-11-25 04:10:17 »
I followed the guide to the T but every time I try loading the game I get a black screen that doesn't change no matter how I wait. I thought it may have been that I was using the wrong drive for the registry but I tried every configuration I could think of but it always either gave me the black screen or the insert disk error. Has anybody else had this issue? If so how did you fix it?

BigBoss

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 2012-11-25 05:38:49 »
Jreeds26: To get the current bootleg to work with the 2012 version you need to rename ff7_en.exe to ff7.exe. Once bootleg is finished you need move the files in /Final Fantasy VII/data/Movies to /Final Fantasy VII/Movies. Finally you need to open up the bootloader utility and open up the configurations and select "mount". Save then exit the config and then open it again and choose the drive that was just mounted.

For the 0 copied error, the only time I've seen that is when there is not enough HDD space for the all the files and temp files.

XxwitelitexX: Are you using the 2012 version, if so you need to mount a virtual drive using the bootloader.

Jreeds26

• View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2012-11-25 07:48:18 »
Thanks! but i dont see an option for Mount in bootloader? I just see "Main, System and Plugins." Also Not sure what I did but I do a full fresh re-install of ff7 and went through all the steps over again and I tried running bootleg again and still was close to same messages, maybe a little different? But i realized it wasnt giving me the Config popup tab to hit "Graphics" then "Sound" like part of the steps. So after that bootleg didnt go anywhere i opened the ff7config in my J:GAMES:ff7 folder where my games installed to and hit the graphics so it enables it, then selected the sound option. tried rerunning bootleg and it actually worked. It installed all the way through with no errors and I was all excisted until I tried to hit "Play FF7" from bootloader and it popped up like it was going to load and i got a "ff7.exe has stopped working...So i now cant even load the game! And btw you said to change my ff7_en.exe to ff7.exe I did that but there was already an existing file for ff7.exe so i now have (2) of them. If you have any idea what im doing wrong or what i should do id totally appreciated it. Either way thanks!

BigBoss

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2012-11-25 09:02:57 »
Mount is under the "Main" tab above the "Movie Path".

When you ran bootleg the second time did you use the Install Image you can create with bootleg?

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2012-11-25 12:17:58 »
Jreeds26,
If you're using the 2012 ReRelease and Bootleg .039 or earlier, then you must first run the Kranmer New to Old patch:

Kranmer's New to Old Patch for FF7 2012

Then rename ff7_en.exe to ff7.exe.

Finally, run Bootleg.
« Last Edit: 2012-11-25 15:14:53 by PitBrat »

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2012-11-25 13:00:30 »
Jreeds26,
If you're using the 2012 ReRelease and Bootleg .039 or earlier, then you must first run the Kranmer New to Old patch:

Kranmer's New to Old Patch for FF7 2012

Then rename ff7_en.exe to ff7.exe.

Finally, run Bootleg.

If you run my New to Old patch you do NOT need to rename FF7_en.exe to FF7.exe, the patch comes with FF7.exe 1.02 official patch, just make sure to run my patch before running bootleg.

Jreeds26

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2012-11-25 19:02:48 »
Sorry a little computer dumb, thanks to my brother it actually worked the very first time but I reinstalled it trying to change some stuff and I'm sure I screwed something up. But to sum it up what I did was completely reinstalled ff7, I uninstalled ff7/ff7 music from control panel, I then reinstalled ff7, saved it to J:games/ff7 inst, then installed to J:games/FF7 ( not finally fantasy Vii),  chose custom, then downloaded kranmer converter, saved it to my desktop, double clicked it then installed to J:games/FF7, and what confuses me is it installs the ff7config and etc to games/FF7 but there's also the 2x files with 32/64 bit, I copied all 3 files, third being the ff7 pc new to old converter and pasted them into games/FF7 then changed the 32/64 to the same drive my brother made using dameon tools to add a ISo file. Which is drive E. but then doubled clicked each one and added to registry. And bootleg is ran as admin. But I heard some ppl say set all main files to run as admin too so I recently changed boot loader,ff7 config, ff7 etc to run as admin, should I only run JUST bootleg.exe as admin? Anyway I then open bfe and selected minimal preset with only changing clouds and Barrets field model, then I click mod list to see all mods ( I dl the entire pack from torrent) green and yellow, which is good. Note:: in the past I have ran bootleg at this point and it never gives me the step 9. Graphics tab, sound tab etc, that's when it fails trying to run bootleg, so recently before running bootleg I go into games/FF7/ff7 config, open it, click on graphics tab and it says "self-passed you are now ready to use custom driver see ff7_opengl.cfg for config", then I select sound tab and hit "ok" THEN I go into bootleg and run it and it installs correctly, it finishes as says I'm ready to play ff7, so I open boot loader and hit "play ff7" and black screen pops up and says "ff7.exe has stopped working" that's where Iam stuck. Ill try the mount thing you mentioned boss and as far as the image thing you were talking about with bootleg I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Thank you all for your time, I just want this fixed! 

Jreeds26

• View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2012-11-26 07:05:19 »
BigBoss:
No I didnt use a install image the second time. And im not sure if there was a install image the first time I did either. All i know is i followed bfe.readme and put the destination and mod source folder where it says to. but for install image it was just blank.. hmmmm

XxwitelitexX

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 2012-11-28 06:58:38 »
BigBoss: Hey, I really feel dumb for asking this but what do I do to do that? Do I need another program? Are you referring to the mounting of the iso to the flash drive?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 2012-11-28 12:54:05 »
BigBoss: Hey, I really feel dumb for asking this but what do I do to do that? Do I need another program? Are you referring to the mounting of the iso to the flash drive?

He's referring to a feature in the next version of Bootleg that we're beta testing. He's unaware that feature doesn't exist in Bootleg 0039.

XxwitelitexX

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2012-11-28 18:38:50 »
EQ2Alyza: Alright, is there anything I can do in the meantime that I can do to get it working before the beta comes out?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 2012-11-28 21:07:13 »
Find APP.LOG inside the installation folder and copy/paste its details here.