Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2421694 times)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #550 on: 2013-03-28 01:58:11 »
 The APP.log should be located in the game's main installation folder. Did you install the game in the My Documents folder? If so, please try a non-OS folder such as C:\Games\FF7.

Diego

• View Profile
« Reply #551 on: 2013-03-28 18:41:10 »
I was hoping I would not have to make a post, but i'm not having any luck getting this thing to work.

I've been through the whole procedure as best I can. The mod list is all yellow and green, I run the mod installation and no errors came up. I have the two launch icons on the desktop. I open up bootloader and get the 'play' and 'configure' buttons.

When I click play, I get a unhandled exception error, where it says 'could not find file 'C:\program files (x86)\Square Enix\FINAL FANTAYS VII\ff7.exe

I know the program files folder was not the best place to install, but I made the installation before I decided to give the modding thing a go.

I imagine i've made a rather fundamental mistake, but I don't know how to rectify it.

xallius

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: 2013-03-28 18:49:16 »
As soon as I beat the motor bike boss and make my team and attempt to exit to the world map, the screen goes black and just freezes. No error messages or anything and I have to ctrl+alt+delete to get out of it.

Code: [Select]
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
ERROR: failed to set fullscreen mode
INFO: Intel Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 3.1.0 - Build 9.17.10.2932
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 8192x8192
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 640x480
INFO: Shader limits: varying 41, vert uniform 512, frag uniform 1024
INFO: vertex shader compile log:
No errors.

INFO: fragment shader compile log:
No errors.

INFO: main program link log:
No errors.

INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Final Fantasy VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; indeo5/pcm_s16le 640x480, 30.000000 FPS, duration: 12.933333, frames: 388
INFO: slow output format from video codec indeo5; 6
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=255
INFO: C:\Final Fantasy VII\movies\bike.avi; mpeg4/adpcm_ms 640x448, 14.999771 FPS, duration: 50.066917, frames: 751
No errors.

No errors.

INFO: yuv program link log:
No errors.

UNEXPECTED: zero count
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
set music volume trans: 127->127, step=1
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
End of Swirl sound_effect1
Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Scene# 468
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Begin main battle loop
[BATTLE] End of current battle
[BATTLE] Begin end battle stuff
stop_sound
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_QUIT
[BATTLE] endof battle.
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_QUIT
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
-=-=[START OF WORLD MAP!!!]=-=-
« Last Edit: 2013-03-28 19:49:00 by Covarr »

Kimba

• View Profile
« Reply #553 on: 2013-03-28 19:28:34 »
I was hoping I would not have to make a post, but i'm not having any luck getting this thing to work.

I've been through the whole procedure as best I can. The mod list is all yellow and green, I run the mod installation and no errors came up. I have the two launch icons on the desktop. I open up bootloader and get the 'play' and 'configure' buttons.

When I click play, I get a unhandled exception error, where it says 'could not find file 'C:\program files (x86)\Square Enix\FINAL FANTAYS VII\ff7.exe

I know the program files folder was not the best place to install, but I made the installation before I decided to give the modding thing a go.

I imagine i've made a rather fundamental mistake, but I don't know how to rectify it.

Seems simple. Uninstal FFVII, move mods and reinstalled FFVII to c/games/ffVII and do it over. Shouldn't take more than five minutes?

Diego

• View Profile
« Reply #554 on: 2013-03-28 19:52:20 »
Ah, so it is the install location that has done this?

Kimba

• View Profile
« Reply #555 on: 2013-03-28 20:07:46 »
Ah, so it is the install location that has done this?

I'm no expert, but if it is advised against in the install instructions (see OP) - then it must be for a reason. Could be permission troubles, or just Windows being a turd. Either way, why chance. Uninstall and reinstall, friend. It's a process of elimination, if it still doesn't work - then at least we know what it isn't  ;)

Diego

• View Profile
« Reply #556 on: 2013-03-28 20:36:40 »
Good call. Now lets hope it doesn't take too long to download from the square servers this time.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: 2013-03-28 21:29:22 »
As soon as I beat the motor bike boss and make my team and attempt to exit to the world map, the screen goes black and just freezes. No error messages or anything and I have to ctrl+alt+delete to get out of it.

Code: [Select]
ERROR: failed to set fullscreen mode
INFO: Intel Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 3.1.0 - Build 9.17.10.2932
INFO: Max texture size: 8192x8192
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 640x480
INFO: Shader limits: varying 41, vert uniform 512, frag uniform 1024
No errors.

No errors.

INFO: main program link log:
No errors.

INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Final Fantasy VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; indeo5/pcm_s16le 640x480, 30.000000 FPS, duration: 12.933333, frames: 388
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
INFO: C:\Final Fantasy VII\movies\bike.avi; mpeg4/adpcm_ms 640x448, 14.999771 FPS, duration: 50.066917, frames: 751
No errors.

No errors.

INFO: yuv program link log:
No errors.

Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
set music volume trans: 127->127, step=1
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Scene# 468
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Begin main battle loop
[BATTLE] End of current battle
[BATTLE] Begin end battle stuff
stop_sound
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_QUIT
[BATTLE] endof battle.
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_QUIT
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
-=-=[START OF WORLD MAP!!!]=-=-

You're running on Intel HD Graphics, so it's probably an issue with video RAM and modded world map textures. Does your computer/laptop have a dedicated video card?

xallius

• View Profile
« Reply #558 on: 2013-03-29 01:16:57 »
I'm fairly sure it does. Intel HD Graphics 3000. What can I do to fix it?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: 2013-03-29 04:02:09 »
I'm confused by your response. Are you saying your dedicated video card is the Intel HD Graphics 3000? If so, that runs off your CPU and is not a dedicated GPU.

If you're running a separate Nvidia GPU, you can go into the Nvidia Control Panel and assign FF7.exe to a profile. Then you select it to run off your dedicated GPU.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: 2013-03-29 04:47:45 »
Hey all,

I've started an FAQ on page 1: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13212.msg183582#msg183582

We get asked a lot of the same, or similar questions, over and over, and I think it'd be best to archive them. If you see anything in particular that is either posted a lot, or has a really rare and complicated solution, let me know so that I can add it to the FAQ.

One that already pops into my head is about the foreign language support. Kompass tends to answer a lot of those questions. I just need to find the time to go back and read the dozen or so pages again since Bootleg 040 released.

Thanks to any who help  :)

Kimba

• View Profile
« Reply #561 on: 2013-03-29 08:11:07 »
Hey all,

I've started an FAQ on page 1: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13212.msg183582#msg183582

We get asked a lot of the same, or similar questions, over and over, and I think it'd be best to archive them. If you see anything in particular that is either posted a lot, or has a really rare and complicated solution, let me know so that I can add it to the FAQ.

One that already pops into my head is about the foreign language support. Kompass tends to answer a lot of those questions. I just need to find the time to go back and read the dozen or so pages again since Bootleg 040 released.

Thanks to any who help  :)

Thanks for the link to the FAQ, I know now that despite my log posted on page 22 - I can't play FFVII with bootleg. I'm on a Macbook Air, as such my graphics card is Intel HD 4000 and can't shoulder enough RAM. Shame, such a shame.

In any case, thanks very much for the hard work.

kingzope

• View Profile
« Reply #562 on: 2013-03-30 18:57:47 »
First off great tutorial.  I'm a noob at this so well done.

I'm stuck on Step 10.  When I click mount an error comes up saying MountFF7DISC1.bat is missing.

FYI: I have the rerelease.  I used bootleg 0.4.0.

I've done a search everywhere and cannot find whatever it is that needs mounted.  Everything that was red is green in bootleg so I'm not sure how I'm missing it.  I've also been searching the forum for the file and can't find it.
« Last Edit: 2013-03-30 19:35:07 by kingzope »

rewriter

• View Profile
« Reply #563 on: 2013-04-06 11:41:05 »
So: I GOT IT TO WORK!
After 4 days of torrenting and then going through Bootleg to set it all up, it finally works!

Now I'm wondering how I can change the mods I'm using. Specifically:
-Oops, shouldn't have checked the hardcore mod
-I wanted to change the Cloud model I'm using

Is the only (or best) way to do this by running Bootleg again and going through the whole install process?
So happy that I got all this working though, I just really didn't want to die before I even got to the first bridge! And Kranmer's trainer wasn't doing anything (probably me not knowing how to use it), so I think I'll just stick with vanilla difficulty

LynxCole

• View Profile
« Reply #564 on: 2013-04-08 17:31:51 »
Hello Guys,

Thank you very much for all the work you put into it and I'm giving my best to try it out finally. Unfortunately I seem to have some kind of a problem launching the game after I follow all the steps from the Tutorial. Unlike kingzope I have the file that he mentions and it seems to successfully mount everything. but after I go and start the game, an error message pops up saying "Please insert FF7 Game Disc 1,2 or 3 and try again".

I have re-release and bought it only because of the bootleg actually. The Applog in FF7 folder stays empty, bc it never gets to launch the game, I guess... I already uninstalled everything and tried again but with the same lack of success and now am desperate enough to go and buy final fantasy 7 from 1997 and try it with that one... but I still can't understand where the problem lies anyway.

Maybe you guys  have an idea, would be great, thanks!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: 2013-04-08 22:48:50 »
Hello Guys,

Thank you very much for all the work you put into it and I'm giving my best to try it out finally. Unfortunately I seem to have some kind of a problem launching the game after I follow all the steps from the Tutorial. Unlike kingzope I have the file that he mentions and it seems to successfully mount everything. but after I go and start the game, an error message pops up saying "Please insert FF7 Game Disc 1,2 or 3 and try again".

I have re-release and bought it only because of the bootleg actually. The Applog in FF7 folder stays empty, bc it never gets to launch the game, I guess... I already uninstalled everything and tried again but with the same lack of success and now am desperate enough to go and buy final fantasy 7 from 1997 and try it with that one... but I still can't understand where the problem lies anyway.

Maybe you guys  have an idea, would be great, thanks!

Check to see the drive letter that it auto-mounts to, then select that letter in Bootleg Configurator.

Alternatively, you can use Daemon Tools Lite to mount your own image. All you have to do is create a blank text document labeled FF7DISC1 and turn it into an ISO. Then mount that ISO with DTL, and set the drive letter that it's mounted to in Bootleg Configurator.

Retodd

• View Profile
« Reply #566 on: 2013-04-09 02:15:44 »
I am getting an error when launching the Bootloader after everything is configured and installed step by step via the tutorial. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several time both the game and Bootleg and all mods. I am not running from a system folder.

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.8b
ERROR: parse error in config file
ERROR: no such option 'use_pbo'
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GT 550M/PCIe/SSE2 4.3.0
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1366x720, output resolution 960x720, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
ERROR: failed to stat file C:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII\/shaders/main.vert
ERROR: failed to load shaders, reverting to fixed function
ERROR: could not load movie plugin: plugins/ffmpeg_movies.fgp

LynxCole

• View Profile
« Reply #567 on: 2013-04-09 03:22:24 »
Check to see the drive letter that it auto-mounts to, then select that letter in Bootleg Configurator.

Alternatively, you can use Daemon Tools Lite to mount your own image. All you have to do is create a blank text document labeled FF7DISC1 and turn it into an ISO. Then mount that ISO with DTL, and set the drive letter that it's mounted to in Bootleg Configurator.

Thanks for fast reply. I did everything suggested but there is no change in the outcome. Although I'm interested how this process actually should look like:

To pass the CD check, click the "Mount" button. Once a drive letter is assigned for FF7DISC1, use the drop-down menu for "Data Drive" and select it.
To get rid of this virtual drive, click "Unmount" or restart your computer.

because when "mount" button is clicked, I just get a brief black window that disappears immediatedly after that. There is no notification on the mounted drive or whatever. I am very nooby at this, I admit, but I clicked myself through the bootleg-modified FF7 folder and I think I can find the assigned drive there somewhere but the result never changes and I still get the same message everytime.

I can't seem to find anyone with the same problem wherever I look, so it would be totally understandable if you couldn't help me after all, but I'd still be happy if you could give me some ideas on what COULD have gone wrong, because maybe the problem lies somewhere else and I'm just too dumb to figure it out on my own  : /

Thanks!

ffx800

• View Profile
« Reply #568 on: 2013-04-09 03:54:45 »
hello,

i followed every instructions strictly. i deactivated firewall, closed browsers, and anti-virus and even ff7-related folders/files. every mod was downloaded and no RED mod can be found in the mod listing. i've completed the installation, but here's my problem:

when i press "play" using the bootloader, it shows a black screen first and then after a few seconds, closes the ff7 game. nothing happens. anyone has any idea why? i'm confident that i followed every instructions carefully. i'm running windows 7 32 bit.

thanks a lot.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: 2013-04-09 04:35:32 »
I am getting an error when launching the Bootloader after everything is configured and installed step by step via the tutorial. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several time both the game and Bootleg and all mods. I am not running from a system folder.

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.8b
ERROR: parse error in config file
ERROR: no such option 'use_pbo'
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1366x720, output resolution 960x720, internal resolution 1280x960
ERROR: failed to stat file C:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII\/shaders/main.vert
ERROR: failed to load shaders, reverting to fixed function
ERROR: could not load movie plugin: plugins/ffmpeg_movies.fgp

You are using an older version of Aali's Driver (0.7.8b). Please use the latest driver (0.7.11b) and see how that works.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8306.msg166102#msg166102

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: 2013-04-09 04:36:53 »
Thanks for fast reply. I did everything suggested but there is no change in the outcome. Although I'm interested how this process actually should look like:

To pass the CD check, click the "Mount" button. Once a drive letter is assigned for FF7DISC1, use the drop-down menu for "Data Drive" and select it.
To get rid of this virtual drive, click "Unmount" or restart your computer.

because when "mount" button is clicked, I just get a brief black window that disappears immediatedly after that. There is no notification on the mounted drive or whatever. I am very nooby at this, I admit, but I clicked myself through the bootleg-modified FF7 folder and I think I can find the assigned drive there somewhere but the result never changes and I still get the same message everytime.

I can't seem to find anyone with the same problem wherever I look, so it would be totally understandable if you couldn't help me after all, but I'd still be happy if you could give me some ideas on what COULD have gone wrong, because maybe the problem lies somewhere else and I'm just too dumb to figure it out on my own  : /

Thanks!

Try my suggestion for manually mounting with Daemon Tools Lite, and let me know if you still have problems.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: 2013-04-09 04:44:44 »
hello,

i followed every instructions strictly. i deactivated firewall, closed browsers, and anti-virus and even ff7-related folders/files. every mod was downloaded and no RED mod can be found in the mod listing. i've completed the installation, but here's my problem:

when i press "play" using the bootloader, it shows a black screen first and then after a few seconds, closes the ff7 game. nothing happens. anyone has any idea why? i'm confident that i followed every instructions carefully. i'm running windows 7 32 bit.

thanks a lot.

This happens all the time, so I have it in the FAQ below the Install Guide  :)

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13212.msg183582#msg183582

ffx800

• View Profile
« Reply #572 on: 2013-04-09 04:51:29 »
This happens all the time, so I have it in the FAQ below the Install Guide  :)

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13212.msg183582#msg183582

i already did select the sound device but the problem is still there. nothing happens.

ffx800

• View Profile
« Reply #573 on: 2013-04-09 05:21:28 »
after a series of tests, this is what i found out: it won't get past after the initialization of the sound. this is what my app.log contain

INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2 4.2.0
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Shader limits: varying 124, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 2048
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r21874, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized

now, i don't have any idea how this would work. help me please :(

Retodd

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: 2013-04-09 06:27:52 »
Thanks that worked and the game launches fine but now I get an error that closes FF7 after i go into battle. I get this error from the APP

INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1366x768, output resolution 1024x768, internal resolution 3840x2160
INFO: Shader limits: varying 124, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 2048
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file C:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; indeo5/pcm_s16le 640x480, 30.000000 FPS, duration: 12.933333, frames: 388
INFO: C:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; h264/aac 1280x896, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 14.533333, frames: 218
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
INFO: C:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\opening.avi; h264/aac 1280x896, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 119.533333, frames: 1793
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN