Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2421744 times)

Kompass63

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #625 on: 2013-04-14 08:45:36 »
Bootleg sets the registry incorrectly. To fix that use this.

Payback85

• View Profile
« Reply #626 on: 2013-04-15 20:11:44 »
All right... I'm quite embarrassed to have to be asking this question, because I'm pretty sure it's something really stupid and simple that I've missed.

I have a legitimate 2012 re-release, fresh-installed, bootleg040, and and "Tifa's Package"; running Windows 7 64-bit, firewalls and anti-virus are off, and, ostensibly, running bfe and bootleg.exe as an administrator. There is no red on the Mod List, and I should be good to go.

However, when I try to run bootleg, it tells me that bootleg.exe is not running as an administrator, which it most definitely is. My installation tab matches the tutorial exactly, bootleg.exe is ABSOLUTELY in "run as administrator" mode, so I don't know what the problem is.

Code: [Select]
Final Fantasy VII 2012 ReRelease Installation Located:
"C:/Games/FF7/"
Access Denied! Installation Aborted!!
Run Bootleg.exe with Administrator Privilidges.
Right Click on Bootleg.exe and in the context menu:

etc, etc

I have to laugh at myself, because it totally looks like I'm just not running as admin, but I promise that I am.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #627 on: 2013-04-16 00:16:17 »

Payback85

• View Profile
« Reply #628 on: 2013-04-16 01:16:24 »
Alrighty, excellent, that seemed to do the trick. Bootleg is now installing everything. Apologies for not finding that when I searched earlier. I am glad to see that it was something more than me just being a dope.

Thank you for the prompt response. It seems to have installed correctly.

cloud15

• View Profile
« Reply #629 on: 2013-04-18 15:47:51 »
Hello , thanks a lot for the videoguide... i already downloaded and installed the game but i got a problem ... after install and start the game using the ff7bootloader the game dont answer me  freeze it here: http://sadpanda.us/images/1542378-6HRNFUT.jpg

Do i need to configure the commands or something because im pressing all the keyboard buttons and dont work ... can you explain me please. I really wanna play the game with the awesome mods.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: 2013-04-18 19:33:17 »
By default, the game uses number pad controls. Use numpad 8 and numpad 2 to go up and down and numpad enter to select.

cloud15

• View Profile
« Reply #631 on: 2013-04-18 19:40:46 »
Thanks for the answer. Got another questions.
1- Its possible configure the command for atack, cancel, etc? Its weird play with numpads.
2- The game is running the background music is running too , but the sound effects ( atack, magic, menu) dont work ... someone can help me?

http://sadpanda.us/images/1542626-JPTPFO3.jpg
« Last Edit: 2013-04-18 20:17:34 by cloud15 »

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: 2013-04-19 03:26:56 »
Pause and go to config. Then you can choose your keybinds or map your controller. If you use a controller you can't bind the d-pad or triggers. Also when you start the game the first button you press must be on the controller or the controller won't be used as input.

cloud15

• View Profile
« Reply #633 on: 2013-04-19 11:52:44 »
Perfect thanks for answer me again ....now i need to fix the sound effect by example at the battle when i hit a monster i cant hear (the sword sound, limit sound, magic sound, etc)
Do i need to configure it? can u explain me and show me how i should do it? thanks alot
http://sadpanda.us/images/1544342-7W2G6AJ.jpg
« Last Edit: 2013-04-19 12:04:57 by cloud15 »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: 2013-04-19 12:04:40 »
Do you have selected in ff7config.exe  the right sound card? Sometimes if I played on TV over HDMI I forgot it myself.

cloud15

• View Profile
« Reply #635 on: 2013-04-19 12:11:53 »
yes, thanks a lot sound effect is fixed :)

RedTowerScissor

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: 2013-04-21 00:11:33 »
hi im experiencing difficulty downloading the mod in the link on this site i click file bootleg040 it takes me to a page that says download i click download it says " Sorry! this file is to big for our servers to scan for viruses, would you like to download the file anyways?" i click yes and it starts to download, it gets to 30 percent and resets to 0, it does this about 5 times then says the file is corrupt and cannot be opened. i have no firewall on my internet or computer, and ive tried using different internet browsers to, but it still wont download the file. im currently trying to find another website with it because ive seen pictures of your work and i really want some of these mods, but im having very little luck so far. EDIT*UPDATE* wait wait i found a way around it i just had to click "resume download" after it says files were corrupt, it then continues from 30% im guessing ill have to do it 2 more times and theres a chance it might mess with the download but im very excited i hope this worksEDIT*UPDATE* nope didnt work lol still stuck please help *EDIT*UPDATE*

OK! I GOT IT LOL had to try 2 new web browsers but i finaly got it, its some new problem with google interacting with other web browsers, if the file is saved on a google server or i dont know how it works but use firefox and the problem goes away
« Last Edit: 2013-04-21 00:52:59 by RedTowerScissor »

cloud15

• View Profile
« Reply #637 on: 2013-04-21 02:20:58 »
use the torrent for download heavy files

RedTowerScissor

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: 2013-04-21 02:25:26 »
ah i finaly got around it, just had to use firefox, but i have a new question if i may.
i know it says that i must have all the files in red for bootleg to work. but thats about...all of them lol. and i dont want updated cut scenes or, mini games and whatnot i just wanted the updated graphics for characters and field (maybe not even field) and maybe a difficulty mod, some music maybe, i see alot of files that are very big and i dont really want them but they are colored in red. i was wondering if theres an updated list or guide maybe on the ones i could skip by not checking certain options or maybe installing them myself

EDIT*UPDATE* eh i did it anyways but im having trouble with the eidos logo avi and the fmvres.exe part 7 of 7.

i have the eidos logo fmv in the right folder and all (to my knowledge) but it still shows in red. and the fmvres.exe i cant find at all. i know theres a torrent that has all the mods but that one is the only one i dont have, can it be skipped? uhg wait make that 2 files i dont have yarlson feild update....i shoulda just done the torrrrennnt lol whyyyy
« Last Edit: 2013-04-21 03:27:12 by RedTowerScissor »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: 2013-04-21 07:01:03 »
The BFE mod list is a bit unorganized, so try not to stress too much. Use this list to find everything you need: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13981.msg196162#msg196162

FMVRes.exe IS part 7. It's labeled differently than parts 1-6, so I understand the confusion.

Yarlson file can be found in the Field Textures section. It has a working mirrored link.

I'm not sure why your eidoslogo.avi is still red. Recheck for it in your Mods Source folder that you set in the Installation tab. There is no other reason why it would be red other than a misplacement.

cloud15

• View Profile
« Reply #640 on: 2013-04-21 13:24:13 »
I found a problem ... each time i try to do  The Battle of Fort Condor the game crash it.
Anyone know how fix it? http://sadpanda.us/images/1548939-TCEK5HL.jpg

RedTowerScissor

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: 2013-04-21 17:33:30 »
i found them all finaly got the game working, played for 5 minutes decided i wanted to reinstall it again and pick vanilla difficulty. did that broke my game lol all i get now is a black screen and weird errors ....all i want to know now is how to i get rid of all this program i dont want to play it anymore and i know it messed with my registry files cuz windows keeps popin up saying some changed and its unstable. what exactly did bootleg do and how do i undo it?
« Last Edit: 2013-04-21 17:36:30 by RedTowerScissor »

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: 2013-04-21 19:28:07 »
Just delete the registry entries, do a fresh install, then do bootleg. That will resolve every issue ;D

cloud15

• View Profile
« Reply #643 on: 2013-04-21 19:51:36 »
I found a problem ... each time i try to do  The Battle of Fort Condor the game crash it.

I need help too please eh!

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: 2013-04-21 20:11:36 »
A problem with the lgp containing the minigame maybe? I have no idea.

cloud15

• View Profile
« Reply #645 on: 2013-04-21 20:14:03 »
Do you know who can help me? i wanna complete all the game ... and i will need to do it later for get huge materia and the phoenix materia.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: 2013-04-23 02:43:31 »

I need help too please eh!

Files taken from here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13981.msg196165#msg196165

Strayoff's Condor                                                       Author                              Bootleg Option                                             Info                                Preview

█ condor_models_v1.00_18-08-2011-strayoff.zip     StrayOff               Strayoff's Condor (Models)           Qhimm FILE                IMAGE

█ fcondor_rmk_v1.0_05-08-2011-strayoff.rar        StrayOff               Strayoff's Condor (Textures)         Qhimm FILE                IMAGE

█ compilation_v1.0_17-08-2011-strayoff.zip        StrayOff               Strayoff's Condor (Compilation)      Qhimm FILE                IMAGE

Option 1) Download the Compilation version first, extract its files, and run the setup.exe.

Option 2) If you still crash, try downloading the 2 files for Models and Textures, extract them, and run each of their setup.exe.

I do not know if either of these options will overwrite everything associated with the Fort Condor Battle, so if you are still crashing after trying both of them, then I would safely assume that Bootleg 040 installs the corrupted v1.02 texture pack for the Fort Condor Battle. So, what you need to do is uninstall and delete everything and start with a fresh installation again. Next, run Bootleg with the Strayoff's Condor option left unchecked. After it finishes installing the mods, run the Compilation version setup.exe and hopefully everything should work. The Compilation version installs the slightly older v1.01 texture pack, but at least it was a working version.

cloud15

• View Profile
« Reply #647 on: 2013-04-23 05:34:31 »
sorry but all the files says Invalid or Deleted File. i already checked all the links ... dont work :(

RedTowerScissor

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: 2013-04-23 05:38:33 »
hey its been a few days and im ready to try this again i dont think i read the instructions all the way through the first time and when reading them again i realized i had some questions that might help me to install bootleg properly this time around. or if not bootleg at least some of the mods

1 do i need aalis graphics driver properly installed before i run bootleg and also do i still need to play the game all the way to the first save point and fill up the save slots?
2 do i need the official patches before i run bootleg? such as windows xp patch and the 1.2
3 failing to make bootleg work properly, in what order would i go about installing these, any that should be installed first or last? or never mixed ect.
4 ive read before bootleg came out you guys used lgptool.exe or lgpedit.exe forget what its called but can someone give me a link to its instructions? this seems to install one mod at a time last i checked so i can use it to see what patches i am compatible with.
5 believe it or not i had the game running at 100% with high definition and advent children character models, almost all the overhaul menu options on, bootlegs field models, basicly every option you could pick, i played through disk one before i decided to uninstall it and do vanilla difficulty instead of hardcore, and thats when it craped out on me and never worked again. i did that with no graphics card and an onboard intel chipset which im now aware it says intel wont work with bootleg.
any specific mods that do not need a graphics card and are intel friendly? (besides phoenix rebirth and reunion patch i have those they work 100% =D) edit* looks like the avalanche high res patch works with intel chipset no graphics cards as well
« Last Edit: 2013-04-23 06:31:00 by RedTowerScissor »

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: 2013-04-23 21:08:33 »
woah woah woah, Just uninstall, delete registry entries, then reinstall bootleg and run the Front End.

Also, probably the only mods you can't use with an old chipset are a few models such as the world vehicle models and kela51's red.
« Last Edit: 2013-04-23 21:12:19 by [CleverNameHere] »