Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4866449 times)

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #7950 on: 2019-05-31 23:14:36 »
Yo bud, cheers.

I can set up a scene or fight based on the timer, probably won't lock a weapon behind it though.

Normally I'd recommend updating to the latest version on this thread but the jump from 1.4 to present-day 1.5 is quite big so it will likely bring in more problems than it solves. I can fix this manually when I get back from Naples on Tuesday night though (assuming I'm not ran over by then, they have a very liberal interpretation of 'roads' here).
[OT]Dude! Try the pizza at Pellone Pizzeria. Give a shot to: Veiled Christ, Via dei Presepi, Street food going toward Plebiscito Square, even Antique Pompeii if you got time. Live the city.[/OT]

Regarding the timer, what if timing must be <120hrs in New Game+ to receive a specific item... Just an idea. No chance for Excalibur II then? Damn!

« Last Edit: 2019-06-01 00:08:30 by Kuraudo. »

mole2068

• View Profile
« Reply #7951 on: 2019-06-01 07:52:41 »
I'm playing New Threat for the first time. Ran into a bug. I Morph killed the machine boss on the 59th floor of the Shinra building. Had to fight him twice before I got any exp. I got the key card. Then the game locked when I walked over the save point. It had the words Cloud says after he picks up the key card showing underneath the save menu text boxes. I loaded the game, didn't Morph him this time and was able to save it. I also noticed a few grammatical errors along the way, but did not write down the text. : /
« Last Edit: 2019-06-01 07:54:34 by mole2068 »

brucegi

• View Profile
« Reply #7952 on: 2019-06-01 09:17:22 »
gonna ask again: is it possible to install this mod on the square enix shop stand alone version? would really like to play it since vanilla is to easy/boring

nordita

• View Profile
« Reply #7953 on: 2019-06-01 10:32:12 »
Bug

Unsure if this is the PC/Steam release of FFVII or the mod but..

Upon re-entering great glacier via world map/chocobo the party is taken back to the scene (with dialogue) were they first land post snowboard. I left the great glacier and re-entered it via the world map and it now correctly places me at the main entrance with the signpost.

nordita

• View Profile
« Reply #7954 on: 2019-06-01 11:53:04 »
Bug

First save point in midgar raid (2nd screen from landing via parachute)

Has Aeris reappear after using the PHS command despite being dead.

Probably same bug as before Gaea cliff outside the cabin
« Last Edit: 2019-06-01 12:48:02 by nordita »

Pure_Mind_Games

• View Profile
« Reply #7955 on: 2019-06-01 16:22:55 »
Loving the mod, just wondering if there's already or plans for a Steals/Drop/Morph list?

Never Mind, there it is in the Zip file lol.
« Last Edit: 2019-06-01 16:56:13 by Pure_Mind_Games »

Nigrantis

• View Profile
« Reply #7956 on: 2019-06-01 18:08:28 »
Hey, Hopefully not a redundant question.

I loved New threat's graphic improvement and story's modifications/improvements BUT a little less the revamped fighting system.

Is it in any way possible to play New threat using the regular fighting system (Without the additional bosses if need be)

Idubaren

• View Profile
« Reply #7957 on: 2019-06-01 19:30:11 »
Loving the mod, just wondering if there's already or plans for a Steals/Drop/Morph list?

Never Mind, there it is in the Zip file lol.

don't follow that file, it is heavily outdated to the current version of the mod

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7958 on: 2019-06-01 19:57:02 »
hi, i have same question about this mod.

1. I played some time ago v1.4 and had to give me beaten from a point. Now I have started v1.5 and I stand   
    before the fight against dyane. What I noticed is that the fight (befor dyane) against X-ATM Scorpion (which
    appeared in v1.4)did not appear. was the removed or have i make a misstake with the installation?

2. exist a list of enemy skills and where to get them from?

and 3. I read on one side that one gets the mod on the switch version to run but not how it should go. is this                   
           statement true and how would it work?

1. That fight was moved to Mt. Nibel, so no worries.

2. I'll write up a list and other documentation when I get back to the UK.

3. I've not done it myself and don't own a switch to test, but this thread is likely your best bet: https://gbatemp.net/threads/final-fantasy-vii-a-new-threat-switch-version.534578/
We also have a discord channel for Qhimm forum that has a section dedicated to Switch mods. A link can be on our forum's front page, near the top.

Thanks a lot for the answer. As you guessed, I'm using the version from 7th heaven. All good, I think i'm just gonna use Black Chocobo this will be an easier fix. Unless it brings even more problems?
Your mod is absolutely amazing again. After finishing ff7 a few times it brings some fresh air and a nice difficulty upgrade. Using materias and also mechanics I would've never thought. Kudos to you, I hope you get back from Naples in one piece!

Should be fine to use Black Chocobo, but be wary of the Steam version; I think it was fixed, but Steam has a checksum on save files and will delete altered ones when the launcher is started. Best bet is to do save edits while the launcher is open and then re-save your game once you've loaded the altered file but again I think the latest versions of black chocobo got around this issue.

[OT]Dude! Try the pizza at Pellone Pizzeria. Give a shot to: Veiled Christ, Via dei Presepi, Street food going toward Plebiscito Square, even Antique Pompeii if you got time. Live the city.[/OT]

Regarding the timer, what if timing must be <120hrs in New Game+ to receive a specific item... Just an idea. No chance for Excalibur II then? Damn!

We were around the islands today; ischia and then procida. Lot more peaceful than the city itself, but when we got back we hit up some street bars and the like. Think we're going to pompei tomorrow but there's apparently going to be a thunderstorm, so should be interesting. Think we're trying the square on Tuesday.

If Excal II comes in, then it'd have to replace another sword Cloud has. There is a modding framework called sister ray that can extend the number of weapon/armour slots (and many other things) but that's not released yet. So that could be a feature specific to that. Or I could do some juggling with 7th Heaven to get it in there.

I'm playing New Threat for the first time. Ran into a bug. I Morph killed the machine boss on the 59th floor of the Shinra building. Had to fight him twice before I got any exp. I got the key card. Then the game locked when I walked over the save point. It had the words Cloud says after he picks up the key card showing underneath the save menu text boxes. I loaded the game, didn't Morph him this time and was able to save it. I also noticed a few grammatical errors along the way, but did not write down the text. : /

Sounds pretty bad; if his Morph is causing issues then I'll remove it. I'll check into the text as well to make sure the keycard scene plays out completely before control passes back to the player to prevent a script clash.

gonna ask again: is it possible to install this mod on the square enix shop stand alone version? would really like to play it since vanilla is to easy/boring

I think it is possible to do, as the 2012 version should use the same file architecture as the steam version.

Bug

Unsure if this is the PC/Steam release of FFVII or the mod but..

Upon re-entering great glacier via world map/chocobo the party is taken back to the scene (with dialogue) were they first land post snowboard. I left the great glacier and re-entered it via the world map and it now correctly places me at the main entrance with the signpost.

Maybe the var that handles it gets flipped back during the story? I'll have a look into it.

Bug

First save point in midgar raid (2nd screen from landing via parachute)

Has Aeris reappear after using the PHS command despite being dead.

Probably same bug as before Gaea cliff outside the cabin

That one keeps slipping my mind; she can be deactivated again using the debug NPC on the Highwind (the one wandering around near the operation room). I'll make sure to catch the problem on the save point this time.

Hey, Hopefully not a redundant question.

I loved New threat's graphic improvement and story's modifications/improvements BUT a little less the revamped fighting system.

Is it in any way possible to play New threat using the regular fighting system (Without the additional bosses if need be)

It can be done, but will need some tweaking. When I get back on Tuesday night I'll see if I can put together an installer that patches in the default combat system while keeping the field changes. Will take a couple of days I think as encounter tables need tweaked to use defaults.

Pure_Mind_Games

• View Profile
« Reply #7959 on: 2019-06-01 20:50:43 »
don't follow that file, it is heavily outdated to the current version of the mod

Ah, OK

Nigrantis

• View Profile
« Reply #7960 on: 2019-06-01 21:29:04 »
It can be done, but will need some tweaking. When I get back on Tuesday night I'll see if I can put together an installer that patches in the default combat system while keeping the field changes. Will take a couple of days I think as encounter tables need tweaked to use defaults.

That would really be amazing :)

Love your work, my first play through was somewhat spoiled by the fact that sources given through ranking was overtuned (max stats by mt Nibel) I'll give a go again soon though :)

Jonesin4Rock

• View Profile
« Reply #7961 on: 2019-06-01 23:07:50 »
I ran into Ziegfried today,   just wondering why he's not in the documentation .xlsx file,   not sure if he has anything that can be stolen or morphed...    And are there other encounters like this that aren't listed?

mole2068

• View Profile
« Reply #7962 on: 2019-06-02 00:14:45 »

I'm running the game from the Square Enix version I bought a long time ago. (The software requires you to register via square enix). I haven't had any issues with the mod so far. Installed the game from the Setup files. Modded it for 7th Heaven. Added all the mods, including the new Remako mods (which are downloaded separately from 7th Heaven). I installed the Difficulty mod and selected New Threat for the difficulty type. No issues here.

Jonesin4Rock

• View Profile
« Reply #7963 on: 2019-06-02 07:25:40 »
Not sure if it's a vanilla FF7 or a NT thing,   but Yuffie is in my party and seems to start with a nearly full ATB gauge every fight,   then it gets reset to 0 when no one else's does,  not sure why

chewitt12

• View Profile
« Reply #7964 on: 2019-06-02 14:18:39 »
Alpha was removed I think, Zolom uses Beta now.

That sucks it doesn't drop sparks, it must have changed since then. When starting a new game it should list the version number during the text boxes, but that being said 1.4 might not even have the difficulty mode selection so it might not.

When a head dies, the other becomes more aggressive if I remember right. Also, both heads will use a counter-attack (the move where they stamp their feet) after they've been hit a certain number of times (4 for one head, 5 for the other) so keep that in mind when attacking; those counters coming out at the wrong time may be what's killing you. Try attacking a head and count the number of times you hit it before the counter triggers; some of the counter-attacks are elemental as well, so you can add some protection for it. I don't think Slow works on this particular boss due to it being multi-part (would cause animation desynch). Haste also wears your own barriers out faster so be careful with using it.

One possible route is to weaken both heads before killing one, that shortens the time you're dealing with an aggressive head. You should also try to have a dedicated physical attacker and a magic user so you can deal with both heads a bit more effectively as one is immune to physicals and the other to magic attacks. If the fight is dragging on, consider bringing in Red XIII to make use of his innate which makes him stronger over time (up to +50 Str/Mag) or Cait Sith who passively regenerates MP. Both heads should also be Sensed for weaknesses and the help bar turned on (select/assist button) to keep track of their HP.

The flow for it on 1.5 is: talk to the dude on the bronco, head for Wall Market (Cid must be party leader) and examine the automated shop terminal, fight, then go to the Gongaga Reactor and win the fight there, then return to the back yard of the bronco to return the item.

Best thing to do is delete the ff7 folder then uninstall through Steam (for clean reinstall; save files should be safe in mydocuments but grab a backup of them just in case). Reinstall the game, preferably in a location outside of program folders. Then after the reinstall, you'll have a default ff7_en.exe. Reinstall the mod (don't use any of the emergency .exes) and it should be good to go.

I think there's a bug associated where if other mods are installed that scene breaks; that field screen has something going on with it. If only NT is running then it should work.

You need to target the patched kernel with it. For FF7 Steam, this is actually in ff7/data/lang-en/kernel. For 1998 it's just ff7/data/kernel. If it's 7H though then the files aren't actually patched except at run-time, so you'll need to unpack the IRO using 7th heaven to find the kernel used for the mod.

Yeah turns out I'm actually on version 1.5 which is definitely a relief thanks for the tip, I may be forgetting but how do I get back to wall market? Or am I meant to find out naturally?

Edit: don't worry about the getting into Midgar thing I figured it out :D

Edit Edit: I have another question, where am I to find W-item and Double cut? I have done all battles but the Platinum battle in the Golden Saucer and I'm guessing one will be there? my guess is W-item because I saw someone actually us double cut on the platinum battle, so my question is where would I find Double cut, the sheet I have says you get it from the gold match but I already did that twice and it gives me Gospel spark.
« Last Edit: 2019-06-02 18:27:11 by chewitt12 »

nordita

• View Profile
« Reply #7965 on: 2019-06-02 21:36:49 »
I'm on disc 3 now. How do I change to tifa as party leader? The normal PHS gives me the error noise when trying to switch out cloud. Same problem when using the PHS from the npc in the highwind briefing room.

Sorry unaware I need to reach the bottom of the North crater
« Last Edit: 2019-06-02 21:52:32 by nordita »

Jonesin4Rock

• View Profile
« Reply #7966 on: 2019-06-02 22:51:45 »
Just got to Cosmo Canyon and Cloud seems to be stuck on rank 1/8 even though I've ranked up multiple times,   also Cait Sith ranked up like 3-4 times after I got him,    not sure if that's normal,   everyone else seems to be ranking up normally,   any way to fix this?   Running the steam version with 7th Heaven.

Edit:   Read something about an NPC on the Highwind that can fix it?   Not sure if it's still a thing cause it was from 2018,   and how do I know how many rank ups he's done and what rank he should be?   
« Last Edit: 2019-06-02 23:10:31 by Jonesin4Rock »

circle

• View Profile
« Reply #7967 on: 2019-06-03 06:51:24 »
Hi again Sega Chief. Thanks for your post before about the two-headed boss - I managed to beat him first time after I changed a few things with my strategy

Different question this time: I seem to have missed the Deathblow materia which is in the Great Glacier, according to the file in the folder. Is there any way for me to get it now? I can't get back into the Great Glacier and I was looking forward to finding that materia ever since it didn't shop in Gongaga as usual

chewitt12

• View Profile
« Reply #7968 on: 2019-06-03 12:18:20 »

I feel like a new one is definitely long overdue lol, some thing are still the same but soooo much is different on the current version.

chewitt12

• View Profile
« Reply #7969 on: 2019-06-03 15:44:36 »
Ok so I'm going to need the locations/who to defeat/morph to get said items, the 3 that I need I've related back to the old sheet are unobtainable by following the guide, I need Micro engine, the old sheet says to fight love buster in rocket town, however in a recent enemy list I saw that he is currently not used in the current version, item number 2 is Spring gun clip, the old sheet says to morph the King Behemoth in the North Crater, I tried but he just died without morphing, and finally the 3rd one I need is the Starlight phone, the old sheet says you can obtain this from morphing Master Tonberry, however when he morphed he gave me a ribbon instead, not complaining lol but it's not what I need.

Also sorry for being repetitive, it will really just bug me If I don't get these ult weapons finished.
« Last Edit: 2019-06-03 16:55:32 by chewitt12 »

kamekaz3

• View Profile
« Reply #7970 on: 2019-06-03 17:46:13 »
Hi again Sega Chief. Thanks for your post before about the two-headed boss - I managed to beat him first time after I changed a few things with my strategy

Different question this time: I seem to have missed the Deathblow materia which is in the Great Glacier, according to the file in the folder. Is there any way for me to get it now? I can't get back into the Great Glacier and I was looking forward to finding that materia ever since it didn't shop in Gongaga as usual

You return to the Great Glacier by the normal means exiting through where you first snowboarded in Icicle Inn or by using a green/black/gold Chocobo. The place you can't get back into is Gaea's Cliff. Deathblow is where added cut normally is.

Ok so I'm going to need the locations/who to defeat/morph to get said items, the 3 that I need I've related back to the old sheet are unobtainable by following the guide, I need Micro engine, the old sheet says to fight love buster in rocket town, however in a recent enemy list I saw that he is currently not used in the current version, item number 2 is Spring gun clip, the old sheet says to morph the King Behemoth in the North Crater, I tried but he just died without morphing, and finally the 3rd one I need is the Starlight phone, the old sheet says you can obtain this from morphing Master Tonberry, however when he morphed he gave me a ribbon instead, not complaining lol but it's not what I need.

Also sorry for being repetitive, it will really just bug me If I don't get these ult weapons finished.

Micro engine is from a boss in the Dark Cave. Talk to Dio in the battle square to start the quest.
IIRC King Behemoth still gives Spring gun clip, maybe just a drop or a steal.
Starlight phone should be a standard drop from Master Tonberry.
« Last Edit: 2019-06-03 18:00:00 by kamekaz3 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7971 on: 2019-06-03 20:59:05 »
Not sure if it's a vanilla FF7 or a NT thing,   but Yuffie is in my party and seems to start with a nearly full ATB gauge every fight,   then it gets reset to 0 when no one else's does,  not sure why

Vanilla thing. I think that's a bug with sneak attack or something.

Edit Edit: I have another question, where am I to find W-item and Double cut? I have done all battles but the Platinum battle in the Golden Saucer and I'm guessing one will be there? my guess is W-item because I saw someone actually us double cut on the platinum battle, so my question is where would I find Double cut, the sheet I have says you get it from the gold match but I already did that twice and it gives me Gospel spark.

I think double-cut might be in ancient forest, someone will need to verify that as I won't be back until tuesday night to check the files.

Just got to Cosmo Canyon and Cloud seems to be stuck on rank 1/8 even though I've ranked up multiple times,   also Cait Sith ranked up like 3-4 times after I got him,    not sure if that's normal,   everyone else seems to be ranking up normally,   any way to fix this?   Running the steam version with 7th Heaven.

Edit:   Read something about an NPC on the Highwind that can fix it?   Not sure if it's still a thing cause it was from 2018,   and how do I know how many rank ups he's done and what rank he should be?   

The latest installer/IRO should have the cloud issue fixed; cait, vincent, and cid start with a few free ranks to catch them up with the others though so don't worry about that. Highwind fix was for something else.

To check how many ranks cloud has had, if you open your save file in black chocobo save editor it'll show the number of source points expended on the character for each stat. All stats get +5 per rank plus some get an extra bonus depending on what option(s) you picked; so if a stat you didn't buff has +10 or something, then we can assume that cloud has had 2 upgrades used on him.

You can still get it, on Disc 3 (or maybe disc 2 when cloud rejoins?) the glacier becomes accessible again.

I feel like a new one is definitely long overdue lol, some thing are still the same but soooo much is different on the current version.

Yeah it is. I'll be updating the documents properly with the final update, will try and do a sweep of the current documents when I get back.

nordita

• View Profile
« Reply #7972 on: 2019-06-03 21:03:07 »
Double-cut (now called multi-cut) is in the ancient forest. Alongside slash all.

chewitt12

• View Profile
« Reply #7973 on: 2019-06-03 21:23:35 »
Micro engine is from a boss in the Dark Cave. Talk to Dio in the battle square to start the quest.
IIRC King Behemoth still gives Spring gun clip, maybe just a drop or a steal.
Starlight phone should be a standard drop from Master Tonberry.

Starlight Phone DID drop from Master Tonberry like you said ty.
I've already done the dark cave quest, I wonder, is it one of those items that you DO actually possess but is just invisible in the inventory?
Finally I tried tried for the spring gun clip by stealing from the behemoth several times, killed it loads, and as previously stated morphing didn't work,the only thing that dropped for me was the behemoth horn on occasions, is it like a super rare drop or something?

chewitt12

• View Profile
« Reply #7974 on: 2019-06-03 21:24:56 »
Double-cut (now called multi-cut) is in the ancient forest. Alongside slash all.

I can confirm this, I later tried after some digging, I completely skipped it because I was unable to do the last battle.