Author Topic: [PSX/PC] KERNEL.BIN editor - WallMarket (v1.4.5)  (Read 704406 times)

secondadvent

• View Profile
Wall Market, FFVII KERNEL.BIN editor
« Reply #500 on: 2009-06-27 09:52:55 »
if you were to have it as a summon (if you can), there is still the possibility someone will try to use it outside of the sephy fight, and that would freeze the game iirc, so i don't think that to be a good idea... using supernova in place of anything seems a little over the top, and the summons have perfectly fine animations XD.

that is the same with the enemy skills, while it would fit better there, it could still only be used in that battle (or any with the animation, or it'd freeze the game, and since there is no easy way to prevent it from being used, it would be a pretty bad thing. not that i don't like the idea, it is just not too safe right now. now if you are just using it yourself, i can see it being okay to use, because you know not to use it outside the fights with that background.

as for actually doing it, i have no idea if/how to do that, i just know the downside of that move as a usable attack :P.

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 2009-06-27 10:02:35 »
Yeah, I'm aware of the downsides.  In fact, I want Super Nova to replace Knights of the Round specifically so that I can only use it in the battle against Safer Sephiroth.  Knights of the Round is the second cheapest attack in the game (second to Cait Sith's Game Over) and I want it out :x  In return, I want Super Nova so that I can give Safer Sephiroth a taste of his own bitter medicine :evil:

Edit: There aren't any enemies that use Knights of the Round, and I know that I cannot use Super Nova outside of the Safer Sephiroth fight, so there wouldn't be any problems there.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-27 10:04:14 by Shadowseer »

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: 2009-06-27 11:09:32 »
you could also just keep KotR and just reduce the multiplier it uses, like possibly lowering the damage per hit from 137800 total damage (10600 a hit) at max stats to 41340 damage (3180 a hit) by making the multiplier reduced from 80 to 24. max stats bahamut zero does 15900 damage, and costs 70 less mp to use, so this would be a much nicer amount for KotR to do, though it could still probably be reduced to a mod of 16 instead, doing 27560 damage (2120 a hit), which balances out pretty nicely with the other summons' strength to cost ratio (though ~14 for the mod would be even closer).

they just made it way too powerful, making it do as much as casting neo bahamut 16 times in one attack, rather than making it have around the omnislash multiplier, which is where it needs to be at for sane damage for it's cost. bahamut zero gets about 88 damage per mp at max stats, while KotR gets 550 per mp cost, definitely way too high. it should be around the 100 mark, since the lower summons have slowly increased to this amount, and ~100 per mp would be the last step, and is about where a mod of 14 to 16 sits around, 14 being my opinion of the best amount.

you can change the attack to supernova if you want and can, but i think that you should just make KotR have a mod of 14 or so if all you are removing it for is because of the damage output. with a mod 14 KotR, you could actually quadra magic comet to do more damage than it would (it could use weakening as well XD), since it does 151 per mp, and at four uses, that would cost 280 mp, only slightly higher than KotR, against one enemy that is, against a group KotR is still better :P. there is a lot of balancing the moves need done, and i think changing them because of power should be last resort stuff, while removing, say chocobuckle, a move that would take hours to pump up to decent amounts, for a custom move that saps life/mp from the enemy or something (anything would be better in my opinion <_<). but i guess it is all up to opinion, so if you can change KotR to supernova, then give sephy a taste of his own medicine >:D.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-27 11:15:00 by secondadvent »

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: 2009-06-27 12:12:42 »
Wow... :-o  You put loads of thought into your posts.

Yeah, the thing is... I just don't like KotR at all.  Super Nova is a far more impressive-looking move, and I just don't see where the knights of the round table fit into FF7... I just want it gone and replaced with something that's still more intimidating that Bahamut ZERO, that's all.

I never use KotR anyway, so I won't feel the loss.  Its animation is just too boring to sit through.  For some reason, I don't feel that boredom while watching the animation for Super Nova...

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #504 on: 2009-06-27 17:12:53 »
Hey NFIT, thanks a bunch for helping me understand the whole deal with supernova. I just used it on safer sephiroth and it looked pretty awesome to say the least.

quick question though, i'm trying to edit most of the enemy skills to make special moves i liked in the game (i already have heartless angel and for kicks i put in pale horse and supernova) so i was wondering if you knew of any really good animations like stigma i could use that uses enemy skill id tags

and a final question: does the battle scene have to be the spiraling heavens (safer battle) for supernova? or does editing the id merely change how the backround is registered/used/insert term here that doesn't make me look stupid?

the reason i ask is because i can't get my hands on a scene editor as the links for it is dead now.

thanks in advance

Supernova HAS to be performed in the "spiraling heavens" (I like that name). That swirling background layer is meant to break apart when that is performed. Since no other backgrounds have it, it can't be performed anywhere else.

this may or may not be a bug but in the character growth section when i change the number of the stats the curve doesnt change also the min- max section same page doesnt change to the projected max by my calulations

Yeah, it's sort of a bug. It's really the best way to do it, though because if I let it update by itself as you type and you try to enter a curve number that's too large the program would crash trying to go out of range of the curve indexes. If you press Enter after changing the curve it will do the same thing. Just trust me, it's better this way. ;)

You're welcome :-)  Between Hojo and Proud Clod, there's very little left in the scene that must be edited with a hex editor.

NFITC1, thanks for the link!  It's very useful.

So I've been inspired now... What would I have to change a summon's animation to in order to get Supernova?  It'd be cool to replace KotR with Supernova, so that it is still a cheap move, but only available in that one battle against Safer Sephy.

You can't. The summon's absolute animations are higher than the enemies' attack animations. Since it's an unsigned value, you can't go "backward" in the animations. Conversely, I'm not really sure how to turn supernova into something like Ramuh or whatnot without changing the index of the attack.

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 2009-06-28 02:08:35 »
All right, I guess I'll just go and mess with the index, then :wink:

clad2

• View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 2009-06-30 00:47:13 »
Hello ! I'm french, I've french PSX PAL and PC versions of FF7.
I use wallmarket.exe and I've not problem with PC version but when I change original Kernel.bin file of PSX version (.:\INIT\KERNEL.bin) by modified Kernel.bin file with wallmarket, I launch ePSXe emulator to play FF7 (ISO file) the screen is black and the game don't run.
Please, I need your help to find the problem. Thanks !! :-)

I usually use wallmarket 1.1.7.0, I've Windows XP PRO SP2.

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 2009-06-30 02:17:09 »
it is probably because the size of the kernel was increased. how are you putting the kernel.bin back into the game? it could also be the way you are putting it back into the iso. if you just try to place it back in with a normal program for iso's, it will change the layout of the disk, and it will not work (causing a black screen).

if you do not have a program to inject the file back in (keeps original layout, but size MUST be the same or smaller to work), download CDmage, open up the iso in it as a M2 track, browse to the init folder (or whatever it is called on yours, where the kernel.bin is located), right click and choose inject/insert file, and then browse to the kernel.bin you want to place in it.

if you have any more questions about adding files to the psx version, just post back here and i will help you out :P. it really helps if you explain what it is you are doing so that people can attempt to help you better, with little idea on what you are doing, we cannot help you as well.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-30 02:19:30 by secondadvent »

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
« Reply #508 on: 2009-06-30 07:58:20 »
A black screen usually means two things:
1) the kernel structure is corrupted (same happens with WINDOW.BIN);
2) the new file is too big, so you need to alter YAMADA.BIN and place the kernel somewhere else in the ISO (unless the file can still fit in the sector gap).

PS: Does this program support the original on-the-fly compression during reinsertion and pointer optimization?

clad2

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: 2009-06-30 10:10:41 »
How can I inject with CDMage please

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
« Reply #510 on: 2009-06-30 10:14:29 »
Get the beta build (1.02.1), open an ISO image, right click on the file to replace->import file->done.

clad2

• View Profile
« Reply #511 on: 2009-06-30 10:14:48 »
A black screen usually means two things:
1) the kernel structure is corrupted (same happens with WINDOW.BIN);
2) the new file is too big, so you need to alter YAMADA.BIN and place the kernel somewhere else in the ISO (unless the file can still fit in the sector gap).

PS: Does this program support the original on-the-fly compression during reinsertion and pointer optimization?

How alter YAMADA.BIN ? (Folder : .:\INIT\)

clad2

• View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 2009-06-30 10:28:19 »
Get the beta build (1.02.1), open an ISO image, right click on the file to replace->import file->done.

OK !!! Thank you very much !! It's good  :mrgreen: :wink:

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
« Reply #513 on: 2009-06-30 11:39:22 »
How alter YAMADA.BIN ? (Folder : .:\INIT\)
A simple hex editor. >_>

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 2009-07-04 02:13:25 »
bug report

when selecting HP/MP in Character Growth

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
   at WallMarket.Form1.Calculate_HP_Levels()
   at WallMarket.Form1.RadioHP_CheckedChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.OnCheckedChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.set_Checked(Boolean value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///E:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
WallMarket
    Assembly Version: 1.2.1.0
    Win32 Version: 1.2.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Danni%26james/My%20Documents/ff7/WallMarket.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///E:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///E:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///E:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///E:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///E:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks
    Assembly Version: 9.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.0.30214.0
    CodeBase: file:///E:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks/9.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///E:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.1 built by: SP
    CodeBase: file:///E:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #515 on: 2009-07-04 03:45:27 »
For future reference I only need to see the Exception Text. Not the Loaded Assemblies.

This:
************** Exception Text **************
System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
   at WallMarket.Form1.Calculate_HP_Levels()
   at WallMarket.Form1.RadioHP_CheckedChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.OnCheckedChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.set_Checked(Boolean value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
is all I need or can do anything with.

I can't help you unless you're more specific. Changing HP doesn't always create errors. What curve did you set it to? Does that curve fit the format of other HP curves?

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 2009-07-04 04:23:46 »
are yes was in a hurry at that moment in time but basicaly when i go to click the hp or mp curve button i get that error and then no lines are drawn on the curve panel also there is a lack of the max/min stat on the side

d33eniz

• I am watching for you... but I can't find you...
    • View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
« Reply #517 on: 2009-07-06 20:43:17 »
Hey there,

when I tried to start WallMarket 1.2.1- there came a message-

"WallMarket funktioniert nicht mehr..." (German for "It stopped working")

Running Vista 32 Bit- Laptop.
Geforce 8600 GT
Intel Processor

What could be the problem?

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 2009-07-06 20:49:33 »
Having an issue with wall market...

I dunno how to rename attacks :oops:
found it haha...

I am trying to make a "new" new spells patch, Cause the old one is dead. So how do i rename magic?

Also. Just wondering on this one, if i wanted to add say a Fire4 (Firaja) or something, is that possible? Also how bad would it offset the game?
« Last Edit: 2009-07-06 20:52:47 by hellbringer616 »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 2009-07-06 21:02:44 »
I am trying to make a "new" new spells patch, Cause the old one is dead. So how do i rename magic?

IIRC, double click on the names of the spells. Remember to change it to "PC version" in the bottom left of the screen, unless you're modding the PSX version. Teioh (PC only) can also edit spell names.

Also. Just wondering on this one, if i wanted to add say a Fire4 (Firaja) or something, is that possible? Also how bad would it offset the game?

Yep, you can add new spells to the game. Well, kind of: you can replace old spells. Just pick a spell you don't want any more (I've always got rid of spells like "escape" and "DeBarrier"), and change all the data to what you want or your new spell. You can also fix the order in which spells appear (see this). Be careful when you do this, because you can end up with all kinds of problems if you don't.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 2009-07-06 21:14:07 »
Thanks, i am just gonna use Wall market though (unless you suggest i use the other one that is.) and i scraped the adding spells idea. To much work :-P

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #521 on: 2009-07-06 21:24:27 »
Hey there,

when I tried to start WallMarket 1.2.1- there came a message-

"WallMarket funktioniert nicht mehr..." (German for "It stopped working")

Running Vista 32 Bit- Laptop.
Geforce 8600 GT
Intel Processor

What could be the problem?

1. Read the first post and make sure you have all the requirements.

2. If you get an error with some actual information in it feel free to post that. "It isn't working" or something like that is no help to me.

Just pick a spell you don't want any more (I've always got rid of spells like "escape" and "DeBarrier"), and change all the data to what you want or your new spell.

Remember that some enemies use spells in the KERNEL and they take the data from the KERNEL.BIN to determine what to do with it. If you change it in the KERNEL it'll affect the attack the enemies use.
DeBarrier happens to be used only by Gi Nattak. He has a 1/4 chance of using it every other turn IF one of your characters has a barrier on.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #522 on: 2009-07-07 03:42:26 »
Fixed (forgive my stupidity..)
« Last Edit: 2009-07-07 08:11:33 by hellbringer616 »

d33eniz

• I am watching for you... but I can't find you...
    • View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
« Reply #523 on: 2009-07-07 12:42:13 »
I have the Framework 3.5 and the Power Pack 3 installed- error details:

Beschreibung:
  Stopped working

Problemsignatur:
  Problemereignisname:   CLR20r3
  Problemsignatur 01:   wallmarket.exe
  Problemsignatur 02:   1.2.1.0
  Problemsignatur 03:   4a15be8b
  Problemsignatur 04:   WallMarket
  Problemsignatur 05:   1.2.1.0
  Problemsignatur 06:   4a15be8b
  Problemsignatur 07:   11
  Problemsignatur 08:   c6
  Problemsignatur 09:   System.InvalidOperationException
  Betriebsystemversion:   6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
  Gebietsschema-ID:   1031

Lesen Sie unsere Datenschutzrichtlinie:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0407

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 2009-07-09 03:24:53 »
Hey NFIT I wanted to make another move but i hit abit of a brick wall...again

What i want to do is make a regular magic spell's animation look like all creation (yuffie's limit level 4) but with wallmarket all of the limit breaks in that area are...faded out and all say the same info

so what would be the animation ID for that? thanks in advance and sorry for buggin ya with this stuff.