Author Topic: [FF7PC] Red Werewolf  (Read 209900 times)

WolfMan

• One whos possessed by nothing possesses evrything
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Red XIII werewolf mod
« Reply #150 on: 2014-07-16 05:36:20 »
I figured it out. Thanks cmh. You were right. Next question. When I get every thing loaded into kimera and click save model. What do I save it as?

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #151 on: 2014-07-16 13:35:37 »
Try to always save it over the skeleton file (always **AA, the first one). When adding new parts and textures it'll say something else, probably the last opened file, so always find the location of your model and select the first file. The battle models are retroactive, so if you change the skeleton file name (RTAA-RDAA) it'll change every file name for the model, so it's also very easy to overwrite other models if you aren't careful.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2014-07-17 22:28:38 »
Hey everyone. I am thinking of starting a zBrush thread. This program does so many things for the community that would streamline modding.
Ex:
Decimation Master - Allows you to make a character with millions of polys and drop it to 30 or 40k without loosing any visible details!!
zProject Brush - Paint your high character and then paint your low res with the high res info
Cut and Fill holes - Yep Select, click on fill whole done!
NEW MatCap Baker - So I hate how amazing everything looks in zBrush and then you export the texture and everything is flat. MatCap baker allows you to select a material that gives you all the low lights and highlghts your want and bakes it into the normal map

My question is this. Would it even be worth making a support thread for this software considering its price of $795.00

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2014-07-18 02:47:02 »
I'd say so and definitely agree it's one of my favorite 3d applications, but I'm not sure how big the zbrush user community is here.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2014-07-18 02:58:53 »
I thought you would like this plugin. You can get it from the pixologoic community.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2014-07-18 06:11:26 »
Here's the final low res with all accessories. I'm very pleased with it. I'll add tattoos in Photoshop due to it will look cleaner. Hoping to import by the end of next week.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #156 on: 2014-07-18 12:41:33 »
Those teeth!

:-D

Luigi Brosse

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2014-07-18 13:07:03 »
I agree, it is a bit too much :) The rest is very nice though.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #158 on: 2014-07-18 16:20:36 »
Wut? I like them :)

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2014-07-18 16:22:42 »
The teeth look pretty good. Are the fangs too long in the front? It'll depend how they look with the mouth closed (well mostly closed, the field model still shows some teeth, or at least looks cool when it does lol).

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2014-07-18 16:59:48 »
Hey everyone. I am thinking of starting a zBrush thread. This program does so many things for the community that would streamline modding.
Ex:
Decimation Master - Allows you to make a character with millions of polys and drop it to 30 or 40k without loosing any visible details!!
zProject Brush - Paint your high character and then paint your low res with the high res info
Cut and Fill holes - Yep Select, click on fill whole done!
NEW MatCap Baker - So I hate how amazing everything looks in zBrush and then you export the texture and everything is flat. MatCap baker allows you to select a material that gives you all the low lights and highlghts your want and bakes it into the normal map
My question is this. Would it even be worth making a support thread for this software considering its price of $795.00

You could do pretty much the same in blender and this tool is for free. The downside of blender is the heavy learn curve, it has a lot of functions which may surpass the ability of zBrush, but it's hard to find out how to use them and the access to them isn't that easy as in zBrush either. Actually I wanted to make an easy Blender tutorial this week, but the 60FPS project has a much higher rank to me (by the way using subsurf was a bad suggestion by me). What we truly need is a UV map arrangement that is useful to build many models with it. I think two textures are enough for this (one texture for Head, Body and Hip and one texture for the arms and legs). If we then make some resource meshes which use the two textures, then we could recreate nearly all NPC with in a month.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2014-07-18 17:05:21 »
The fang go around the lower jaw exposing them when the mouth is closed looks awesome. Very macabre. That's what I was going for. Instead of Red XIII loosely based on the look of a werewolf I'm going for a creepy dark werewolf loosely based on Red XIII. :)

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2014-07-18 17:07:09 »
Thanks Leo. LOVE THE AD!!! Lol.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2014-07-23 05:31:58 »
Ahhhhh. I cannot get from obj to kimera. Here's what I'm doing.

I have a single mesh and polygroup. He is fully painted. I cut him into pieces in the correct bone and joint locations. I then fill the wholes. I now have him into pieces and fully painted. I create uvs and export them. I then export the bottom jaw to obj. Open in mesh lab. The jaw comes in fully painted. Export to 3ds. Open in pcreator. Open uv. Flip y. Export. convert bmp to tex.  When I put the jaw in kimera and load uv the color looks all flipped around and doesn't place on the jaw correctly. Wtf am I missing?!??

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2014-07-23 13:37:45 »
When you say you're importing the jaw into kimera and load the uv, what is it you're actually doing? After you add the texture in the correct texture slot you just need to import the piece. I'm not sure if you can reimport uv mapping to kimera, though it apparently has tons of features I'm not aware of lol. If your .3ds file look correct with the texture applied than it should work correctly in kimera if you've flipped the Y on the uv mapping in pcreator. If it does it again I can take a look at your project files and see what's happening.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2014-07-23 13:59:24 »
With this mod, are you planning to alter Red XIII's animations so that he's standing up?

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2014-07-23 15:43:33 »
Thanks CMH. I will look at it tonight and if it continues to do so, I will send files to you.

Obesebear: Yes that is what my plans are.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2014-07-23 16:25:33 »
Thanks CMH. I will look at it tonight and if it continues to do so, I will send files to you.

Obesebear: Yes that is what my plans are.
You might want to go ahead and try to manipulate Red's animations to see what you're getting yourself into.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2014-07-23 16:49:30 »
You might want to go ahead and try to manipulate Red's animations to see what you're getting yourself into.
I do realize I'm getting myself in deep. I'm just kinda hoping that if I can get him to the animation point which is the last step, someone can help me on that end.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2014-07-23 17:11:06 »
I do realize I'm getting myself in deep. I'm just kinda hoping that if I can get him to the animation point which is the last step, someone can help me on that end.
There was a project a few years ago where 2 or 3 guys were going to redo certain animations.  I'm pretty sure they did half of 1 and quit.   The only feasible way to create animations is to make an import export  tool.

Borde tried to make a COLLADA one but eventually gave up.  Really, your best bet is to figure out how to substitute Galian Beast's animations over Red's.  Either way good luck

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2014-07-23 18:19:59 »
There was a project a few years ago where 2 or 3 guys were going to redo certain animations.  I'm pretty sure they did half of 1 and quit.   The only feasible way to create animations is to make an import export  tool.

Borde tried to make a COLLADA one but eventually gave up.  Really, your best bet is to figure out how to substitute Galian Beast's animations over Red's.  Either way good luck

OK. I will look into it thank you. Hopefully I haven't done all of this for nothing :(

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2014-07-23 18:20:47 »

I myself have done several 100% animation changes, ranging from making Tifa have archer animations, (She held her right hand out, pulled the other one back and shot the (invisible) arrow with variants of it to allow for a bow) making tifa have a sword, (this took forever to work right.) making Cloud have the exact animations of the other soldiers, making a unique swordsman animation set (For a character in one of my projects, he moves like a combination between Reno, Cid and Squall.) among others.

One thing I tried was making Nanaki use a sword, which involved it staying in a scabbard on his back, and he pulled it out for attacks, I spent 3 weeks solid trying that, but Nanaki has the most complicated animation structure out of everyone, and by comparison, it's a cakewalk to do the entirety of Cloud, which is the simplistic.

If you are genuinely going to try to make Nanaki stand out on 2 legs with his native animations, you will spend months or possibly years doing this, it would be best to make him more into Kimahri from Final Fantasy X, and his limits could be changed into more generic things.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2014-07-23 18:34:25 »
Any vids of the new animations you did?

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2014-07-23 18:54:21 »
OK. I will look into it thank you. Hopefully I haven't done all of this for nothing :(

Either way it wont be for nothing. The model will still look good imported with the vanilla animations. Editing at least the idle animations so he's standing up shouldn't be too hard. The change from one animation to the next wont be completely perfect, since he'll still run on four legs, but it wont be too noticeable since many of the animations are that way. The only time this will really be an issue is when the mod to convert battles to 60 fps is completed. Your altered animation will require a bit more work so the animation transitions are smooth at that point.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-23 18:57:14 by cmh175 »

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2014-07-23 18:57:41 »
Either way it wont be for nothing. The model will still look good imported with the vanilla animations. Editing at least the idle animations so he's standing up shouldn't be too hard. The change from one animation to the next wont be completely perfect, since he'll still run on four legs, but it wont be too noticeable since many of the animations are that way. The only time this will really be an issue is when the mod to convert battles to 60 fps is completed. Your altered animation will require a bit more work so the animation transitions are smooth at that point.
vanilla? lol is that code for original?