Author Topic: Menu Overhaul Help!  (Read 6766 times)

Invader_X

• View Profile
Menu Overhaul Help!
« on: 2016-11-30 18:18:47 »
Hi guys,

When I had a friend install bootleg for me my battle menus looked like this (REALLYS WEET, CLEAN AND SEXY):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOn6fnwPTcA

Then I instaled 7th Heaven and I installed the The Reunion - Because and Menu Overhaul mod, but my menus look like this:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/iW3r5FlVxwc/maxresdefault.jpg

There is a Name/HP/MP bar at the top and it looks messy.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Jotaro

• Star Platinum
    • View Profile
Re: Menu Overhaul Help!
« Reply #1 on: 2016-11-30 22:33:40 »
You had this thread before, and really, if you properly uninstalled Bootleg (uninstalling FFVII, deleting the bootleg folders, and cleaning registry keys), there shouldn't be a problem.
I know that the Menu Overhaul used in 7thHeaven is R03e, and considering that the MO used in the video is MO03, I'm guessing that it's mainly just R03c using MO04d.
If having that MO is that important to you, then you could uninstall 7thHeaven and use Bootlegger, but it's really outdated, and you won't be able to get support for anything...
Really the best case scenario for MO in 7thHeaven is for the old version of Reunion with the radically different MO to be an option, and for the newest Reunion (currently R05c) to be an alternative, with the different options for it, but that's really best case scenario.

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-12-01 07:45:06 »
Even the MO option in 7th heaven is bugged. Check my thread in http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16879.0
There is no actual menu and fonts replacement usable in FF7. This is a feature completely lost from bootleg era.

Jotaro

• Star Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-12-01 19:29:37 »
Oh yeah, I remember making a thing about that.
The only way to really fix that right now is to use your normal copy of FFVII (As in, without 7thHeaven there at all) to get a normal MO .exe using R03e, place it somewhere else, uninstall, reinstall FFVII and 7thHeaven, and replace the _mo.exe with your own.
It's convoluted, and hopefully it'll be replaced soon, but until that happens it's the only way to fix it.

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #4 on: 2016-12-02 00:45:50 »
Hi guys,

When I had a friend install bootleg for me my battle menus looked like this (REALLYS WEET, CLEAN AND SEXY):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOn6fnwPTcA

Then I instaled 7th Heaven and I installed the The Reunion - Because and Menu Overhaul mod, but my menus look like this:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/iW3r5FlVxwc/maxresdefault.jpg

There is a Name/HP/MP bar at the top and it looks messy.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

As far I as I can remember the original style you show there was the FFVIII or FFX style menu that was one of the options in DLPB's original menu overhaul. But the latest versions have all been this FFIX style. The reason why you are now forced to use this option over the previous is that after aali removed the full screen option from his driver you need the menu overhaul portion of the reunion mod to get full screen now. So to use the version you show before you need to use aali's driver version like 7.11 or something. Then install the old menu overhaul and it will look like that, but you will lose all sorts of the newer features developed since 3 years ago.

I also agree that the FFX style battle menu is much better.

Invader_X

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-12-03 04:38:26 »
Is it normal to have MASSIVE gaps between each spells?

For example ICE, FIRE and Lightning are on sepearate pages and I have to scroll all the way down to get to each spell. Very annoying

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 2016-12-03 07:24:00 »
In or out of combat menu?

Invader_X

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2016-12-03 21:25:36 »
When in combat

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: 2016-12-04 01:01:48 »
That's normal. Use the page up/down buttons and work on memorizing the page order.
« Last Edit: 2016-12-04 01:03:42 by EQ2Alyza »

Invader_X

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2016-12-04 01:18:46 »
Ah okay, so normal to have Fire, Ice, Lightning on separate pages?

man what a nuisance.

Oh well adds to the challenge. Thanks for your help

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2016-12-06 17:15:21 »
You'll soon learn why there's large gaps in between each of the spells.  ;)