Author Topic: PSX/PSP Sephiroth and Shinra MOD  (Read 90563 times)

Jeet

• View Profile
Re: PSX/PSP Sephiroth and Shinra MOD
« Reply #25 on: 2013-08-07 04:02:16 »
To finallize my mod i"ll need a little help because im not finding this alone for now, someone know how to change the value of the size modifier of cait sith limit " transform"?  My goal is to combining vincent and cait sith limit break like i said earlier to transform the character into an enemy  monster and erase all members of the battle. Its working but i have a "big" problem, when i use the limit break, all allies disappear , then my character transform into bizzaro sephiroth (everything is fine for now) but after this the " transform" effect of cait sith is making my character bigger and bigger that i cant even see the battle anymore, if someone know where to change the value of the size modifier it will be great, for now im looking into a file in the magic folder named " gattai.bin" it mean "combine" in japanese so i think its this one, the problem is i dont know how the file is structured, i randomly change some values one by one but its only make the limit break crashing.

criminal mind

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2013-08-07 05:55:11 »
@jeet: sir, i tried cdprog already and took your advice regarding the battle mode swap between playable characters and sephi file lz it works but the thing is the sephiroth sword is missing haha he is like engaging in battle with bare hands but yeah no crash between story lines. i am waiting for sir vayneruel regarding the kernel remedy and i will try it. anyway, i hope you finish your game mod i cannot wait  8-)
thanks in advance
« Last Edit: 2013-08-07 06:03:18 by criminal mind »

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2013-08-07 06:20:03 »
hmm im pretty sure the sword is missing because sephiroth dont have many weapon model, try using the buster sword (or any  initial weapon of the character you swapped sephiroth with) and it will probably work :) (if the initial weapon is too weak try to make it stronger with black chocobo)

Ok for the mod i finally found the values to cancel the size modifier in the cait sith limit, now i can easily make sephiroth become any monster of the game, to summarize :

-Field models>done
-Portraits>done
-Battle models>done

Only the limit break are missing for all the character, when i will finish their animations the mod will be over, for sephiroth's limit break i will give him vincent limits break ( but this time the monster will be controllable) and i m not sure of the monsters i will give him, if anyone have any preference make me now:

I hesite give to sephiroth bizzaro and safer or diamond weapon and ultima weapon, i personally prefer the weapons but its not looking very logic to have sephiroth morphing into a diamond weapon instead of his natural "boss form" ( i ask this because i can only give him 2 forms, it will be too long to explain but thats it.)

Rufus will have a transform limit break too, just like vincents, since he dont have many animations in battle i prefer give to him a morphing limit break but unlike sephiroth he will morph into a standard monster like chaos, gallean beast, and even hojo life form.

The others characters will have standard limits break, and i hesitate too about the leader of the party , i wanted to have rufus remplacing cloud in the first time but im not sure everyone will like rufus since he dont have many animations in battle, so i wanted to make dayne the leader ,if people  have any preference make me know(i cant make sephiroth the leader due to his skeleton), while the mod is still not finished.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-07 06:23:39 by Jeet »

criminal mind

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2013-08-07 08:35:01 »
@jeet: oh man! thats gonna be awesome!! but wait in my opinion ..sephiroth should have his limit break as bizarro or safer..well to make it realistic =) just my suggestion but yeah its still up to you sir..oh man your mod is so awesome i lost interest in playing sephiroth haha hit me up with the latest update sir.
oh and regarding my problem...i will try your advice sir..but then id like to try the kernel bin delete method sir vayneruel was telling me but i cant even open the wallmarket program for some reasons i dunno...
anyway goodluck to the mod and update us all =)
i almost forgot... can you not put in your mod the maximum critical damage that limit breaks can make like exceeding 99999? that would be so cool !

edit: i managed to make the sword of sephi appear by just following your advice..but how do i change the photo avatar in the menu section so as to make it legit that its sephiroth im using =)   
« Last Edit: 2013-08-07 19:55:33 by criminal mind »

Leander HolyJC

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2013-08-07 19:35:54 »
Could replace the sephiroth on the battlefield and edit the photo menu and kernel.bin using the program cdprog. I wonder if it is possible to replace the cloud field using the same program?

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2013-08-07 19:48:57 »
criminal mind> I think you didnt understand what i mean,  you just have to equip the character you modified with the very first weapon of the game, and sephiroth sword will appear ( it maybe work with other weapons after the first one but not with the last ones, unlessl you edit the kernel to change the model of each weapon ), for example, if you swaped cloud with sephiroth battle model, equip sephiroth with buster sword in the equip menu, but if you equip him with ultima weapon(for example or ragnarok) you wont see sephiroth's weapon, because sephiroth dont have "slot" in his model for such weapons, but i will correct this in my mod ofc. For the limit 9999 damage i wont touch it, since its a graphical mode i change only characters graphics and animations, i dont want to modify the gameplay (even if i wanted to make the game more difficult i finally let this choice to the player by installing himself additional mods) but its highly recommanded to not modify the " kernel" i will upload, since it containt modified weapons specially for hacked characters, most of them will crash the game without these weapons.

Leander HolyJC> Yes you can replace cloud field with any other field models and it will work, but if the character have more " bones" than cloud, you'ill have some bug in his animation, thats why i will replace cloud's model with rufus or dayne, since they have exactly the same number of bones than him. When you open the game with CDprog you can see only the playable characters field models,  (cloud.BCX , tifa.BCX etc) but if you want to replace the model with an NPC like reno, rude, elena etc, it will be more complicated, you have to "grab" their data into a BSX files and make your own custom BCX model, it take a lot of times.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-07 19:52:47 by Jeet »

criminal mind

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2013-08-07 20:03:20 »
@jeet: roger that sir! =) just one problem though..is it possible to change the photo avatar of the character where i inserted sephiroth's file??? i mean in the menu section of my party..is it possible to change the avatar into sephiroth like the one that appears in the blackchocobo menu? oh aryt aryt i understand sir if you opt not to deal with the gameplay itself. oh man when will be the release i cannot wait anymore. i just hope that it will be playable via emulator. umm one more question about your mod sir...ummm does this mean you can start playing new game by using the new characters like rufus or sephiroth?????? 8) i mean ...no game crash or something...coz as far as i remember i was told that there will always be game crashes once you alter the characters that shouldnt be in the game in the first place...anyway goodluck again and thanks in advance!

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2013-08-07 20:50:49 »
If only buster sword ( or any first weapon ) work on sephiroth battle model, then you can make sephiroth stats stronger with blackchocbo if you think playing all game with buster sword is difficult( or like i said just changing the weapon attribut and model with wallmarket).

To change the portrait its the same way that battle model,  but this time not in battle6 folder, go in " menu" folder when you open the iso with cdprog, exctract the PCEFI.TIM ( sephiroth's portrait) , then right click on the character you modifier (CLOUD.TIM for example) and press " insert files" , and ofc insert the PCEFI.TIM here, your portrait will be changed.

Its better to restart a new game with my mod since like i said if a modified character wear a standard weapon that you equipped game will crash in battle. But if i have time i will allow even hcked character to wear normal weapon, i'll check this in the very end. Anyway i'v done the most difficult, if everything gone well i think it will be finished in 3 days. I lose many time working on the cait sith and vincent transform limit break, but it was worth it i think summoning monsters and controll them will be a nice new feature in ff7 

criminal mind

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2013-08-07 21:04:43 »
@jeet: wow the first beta release!!! let's make the title of the mod sir! "ff7: rebirth" ????   8-) or something that is catchy and cool. i can't wait for the control summon option that will be so cool man update me soon =) 
many thanks! cheers!!!

edit: sir is it also possible to replace cloud with sephiroth during the gameplay such as when roaming around in the field either on world map or while within towns? :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: 2013-08-08 05:14:51 by criminal mind »

vayneruel

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2013-08-09 09:46:16 »
Sorry criminal mind but i cant found your version of the game so extract the kernel.bin of your game and upload for me. This file is in folder INIT, use cdprog o CDmage for extract.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2013-08-09 16:26:38 »
Criminal mind, it is possible but you would have to manually edit and rig many animations and that would be a pain in the ass.

criminal mind

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2013-08-10 01:15:36 »
@vayneruel: okay sir  8) wait i will upload it once i get home from work..im using mobile rightn now. thanks again   :wink:

@clevernamehere: oh i see..aryt sir that would totally be out of my league  :-D thanks

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2013-08-14 19:03:31 »
I'v met some problems with battles models, many freezes  in game, but i fixed all of them , from now the game dont crash anymore and work well, but it took me some time so the mod will be released in 1 week i think ,now im on the field models and i have another problem, rufus, rude and dyne are ok, but reno elena and sephiroth are not working because the number of bones are not the same than the original, im trying to fix this, if i cant, these 3 models wont have field model , so it mean elena will be tifa in field etc, ( but the battle model will still working ofc, i think thats the more important) , so now  the characters will be :

-Cloud>rufus ( field and battle ok)
-barret>dayne ( field and battle ok)
-rude>cid (field and battle ok)
-red13>dark nation ( battle ok)
-aerith> unchanged
-tifa>elena ( battle ok , field not working yet)
-reno>yuffie ( battle ok , field not working yet)
-vincent>sephiroth ( battle ok, field not working yet)
-cait>palmer ( not tested yet)

Limits break:

Most of the characters will have standard limits break ( not 4 because they lack of animations ) , exept rufus and sephiroth who will have " summon" and " transform" limit break, rufus will summon some shinra mecha like the boss scorpion, while sephiroth will transform into safer sephiroth, with the possibility of using super nova, ( the japanese version ofc, the shorter, not the big one) , these two type of limits breaks will , ofc, erase all the party members for the fight and give stats to the " monster", i'v tested it, and both are working, if i have time i' ll make a video of this.

The only "freeze" that cant be fixed is the fact that any hacked character CANNOT equip an initial weapon , like buster sword or leather glove, or the game will crash, but i get rid of this by changing all initial weapons model to another, in the kernel, so everything is working now in battle. So i will upload the modified kernel with the mod too ( or the game will never work).

Here is the last tests from the psp version, meaning they are all working with no freezes, since PSP is more sensitive to modding and any error lead to a crash, the screen shots are from my psp so the size is small :

Sephiroth morphing limit break into safer:

Rufus summoning system limit break, with a special camera made for large monsters ( there is 4 mechas to summon, for 4 limits break)

« Last Edit: 2013-08-16 07:15:31 by Jeet »

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2013-08-16 11:38:34 »
I'm extremely impressed!

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2013-08-16 15:30:53 »
WOW..... HOW THE HELL!!!! I tried doing this years ago and failed i managed to swap out tifa and cloud but ran into problems with crashes and animations going mental colour me impressed sir. Now here's a challenge for you bud can you make cloud and co the enemies thats another thing i failed at because i ran into size issues on the psx. I must know how you managed this because I thought it was impossible.

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2013-08-16 21:26:31 »
The playable characters and ennemies have not the same "offsets" the relative offset for the standing animation is the first one : 190, for an enemy its another values ( always the same for all enemies btw) if you want to play an enemy you have to change all the offsets of the animations scripts and then swap the modified enemy with any playable character,and you have to re write all his animations script to fit with the news ones, for the summoning system i made, i swaped vincent's monsters (chaos , death gigas etc) into a modified monster, he have a total of 6 monsters, because when vincent equip a rifle or a shotgun its like another model, and can be used for his limit break transformation. Note that every boss i summoned here CANNOT be played if you swap them with a standard characters, there are too large and make game crash, thats why i created a new limit break, who "erase" all the allies (cait sith transform limit break) and then transform into any of vincent's modified monster,  the fact thats vincent morph into a monster is not an effect, its an animation contained in his animation script, the effect"transform into a monster and caster lose control" only make the IA control it, so it must not be enabled , if you want to control it.

For fighting cloud and his mates, i suppose by changing the players offset to the same of enemies units, you could fight vs cloud etc, thats what i wanted to do in the first time, since in the mod i remplaced dyne with barret, rufus with cloud, i wanted to have clad as an enemy in the rufus fight, and barret instead of dayne in the prison corel fight, but i have a lot of things to do and i dont know if i will have time to do this , changing a character ally/enemy is quite long ( specially for animations).

I suppose when you talk about crash and color glitch its about tifa/cloud field model swapping? because inbattle its shouldnt be hard to just swap them, for the field model  tifa and cloud are not compatible, its seem if a character have not the same numbers of bones, his " special" animations contained in the BSX will be glitchy, but game will still runing, but, if they dont have the same number of parts, the game will crash, for now the only solution about this is to change every BSX files and re write tifa model section, thats why i canceled my first intention to make sephiroth the main character, and swaped him with rufus, who have the same number of bones and parts than cloud, so game is running without problems.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-16 21:45:10 by Jeet »

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2013-08-16 22:23:23 »
Just one problem, Dyne isn't part of Shinra. Quite the opposite actually.

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2013-08-16 23:29:08 »
Yes i know thats why i hesitate about him, but he is really a cool character and i like him too much so thats more a personal choice to put him into this mod :)

Lazy Bastard

• I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...
    • View Profile
    • GameHacking.org
« Reply #43 on: 2013-08-17 19:17:34 »
Glad I could help :)

Amazing work, man.

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2013-08-27 10:19:55 »
The mod is over, i uploaded a video showing the characters in battle and field, im doing some final test and upload it today probably, the link of the video and description is in the first page.

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2013-08-27 20:26:40 »
Nice work did you take a look at my attempt at giving Sephiroth Limits?  If so you could use some of mine and tweak them if you like.

criminal mind

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2013-08-28 14:34:47 »
Sir Jeet: oh my GOD!!!!! this is too good to be real sir!!!! this is by far the most extensive mod I have ever seen in the history of FF7!!!! I will advertise your YouTube link !!! I bet it will garner 5million hits on YouTube !!!:) oh please upload the mod sir and its tutorial :)

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2013-08-28 17:12:41 »
Thx :)  it took long time but its finnaly, done, i wont upload i right now finally for one reason , im working on a very last thing about the main character, to improvise the mod, once im done, i will upload (probably this night ) or tomorow, it wont take long anymore

criminal mind

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2013-08-28 22:29:24 »
Oh great  ;)
take your time sir , I will wait even if it takes forever  ;D
I am really exctd especially that I will be able to use sephi in the field oooh boy that will be soo much fun!!!

criminal mind

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2013-08-28 22:30:45 »
Oh great  ;)
take your time sir , I will wait even if it takes forever  ;D
I am really exctd especially that I will be able to use sephi in the field oooh boy that will be soo much fun!!!   8)