Author Topic: Ultima espio and neocloudstrife Crisis core model project  (Read 165744 times)

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Last Edit: 2012-07-17 18:14:10 by Obesebear »

Crazy Nova

• View Profile
Re: Ultima espio and neocloudstrife Crisis core model project
« Reply #1 on: 2009-03-15 19:23:24 »
that's great!

not too sure about those white bits on cloud's arms though.

looking foward to some more screens

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: 2009-03-15 20:29:38 »
not too sure about those white bits on cloud's arms though.
I have the perfect solution to that!
more screens soon!

hotdog963al

• Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
« Reply #3 on: 2009-03-15 21:09:18 »
Cloud looks appropriately bad-ass, I prefer this to the other versions I've seen before (from KH and whatnot).

Dearh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-03-16 01:07:07 »
ehi friends good job!Cloud needs one "bracelet" on the other arm

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-03-16 01:36:22 »
Very nice. I like it alot. A few things though, Tifa's hair is too long at the back, shorten it a bit. Also her tank top should be be textured a bit more, but other than that it's great! Keep it up!
Have 2 claps
*Clap clap*

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-03-16 03:09:53 »
I look forward to see what you guys cook up!  :wink:

Hey, so does that mean they've released their app yet so that I can rip them out myself? I'd really like to dig around these models and learn from them.

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-03-16 03:14:17 »
I look forward to see what you guys cook up!  :wink:

Hey, so does that mean they've released their app yet so that I can rip them out myself? I'd really like to dig around these models and learn from them.

Yep they released it, and even put a .OBJ converter in there :D
Can't wait to see how this project turns out.
« Last Edit: 2009-03-16 03:17:49 by ff7rules »

NameSpoofer

« Reply #8 on: 2009-03-16 15:42:16 »
I have to say that cloud's head from CC owns. You guys should release them when its done. Or at least send it to me lol :p

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #9 on: 2009-03-16 16:23:50 »
You guys should release them when its done. Or at least send it to me lol :p
We'll think of something...

Anyway, we plan to do at least what main characters and enemies we can, field and battle.
I would also like to do random Monster's and battle Characters too. Bomb will definately be easy  :wink: But I'd like to have a go at more complex enemies, such as the Guard scorpion (we'll need votes to know what colour to use) and the shinra/SOLDIER troops.

Field models are gonna be hard, considering the proportions are Different, since we're gonna go chibi :D

Dearh

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-03-16 19:59:20 »
You guys should release them when its done. Or at least send it to me lol :p
We'll think of something...

Anyway, we plan to do at least what main characters and enemies we can, field and battle.
I would also like to do random Monster's and battle Characters too. Bomb will definately be easy  :wink: But I'd like to have a go at more complex enemies, such as the Guard scorpion (we'll need votes to know what colour to use) and the shinra/SOLDIER troops.

Field models are gonna be hard, considering the proportions are Different, since we're gonna go chibi :D

No chibi Please!!!!  :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

oraclex

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-03-16 21:13:33 »
Sweet ! So howlong does this whole converting of a character work?

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #12 on: 2009-03-16 21:28:01 »
Sorry, But i really dont like the look of Normal-proportion characters on the field, it kinda ruins it for me. maybe someone'll do that at a later stage, but i wont be.
Sweet ! So how long does this whole converting of a character work?
Quite a long time, since most characters require some modifying to fit into FF7 anyway.

koral

« Reply #13 on: 2009-03-17 14:24:21 »
Interesting project!  :-)

For a start, these guys have been long overdue, and simple must to find their way into FF7:

That is the "younger" Zack before he became 1st-class, I liked this look better, but either one would be OK.
Aeris and Hojo could probably be picked up too.

I personally didn't like the KH(2) style of heads for everyone, because I felt they were a little too cartoony for the gritty FF7 world.

But please, please, please dont butcher Tifa up!

She may give the impression of a "sex-symbol" to most people, but her design reflects her personality and there is more to her character than just her chest.

In CC, Tifa is 15 (apparantly), so her face and her body should not be used without some modifications.
Hunter's Tifa was OK, but I didn't like it much either (even after replacing the head).

I am a pretty handy modeller too, so if you need any help just PM me and I will try help out.
The CC-File investigation has reached a stable point now with these characters extracted, so I have been thinking of taking on other projects on the side anyway.
 :-D

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #14 on: 2009-03-17 16:24:31 »
I'm sure i speak for both of us when i say we'd LOVE your help with this, koral :D
And yes, tifa is being rather problematic so far.
Also, the thing about cait sith is that we'd have to Find a toy body for him. We could re-model the moogle, possibly...
Anyway, i'll PM ya with details later :D

Silver Wings

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009-03-17 16:44:30 »
That is the "younger" Zack before he became 1st-class, I liked this look better, but either one would be OK.
Actually, Zack changed his hair style after Angeal's death so I think the other is more appropriate to the storyline shown in FF7
Btw, I feel that Tifa's face from CC is somehow even older than her age of 21 in FF7. In this case, I still prefer her head from KH (and also Aerith's, maybe asians like me like cute ones more ^^). Still, the other models (Cloud, Seph ...) in CC are perfectly fit with FF7

ps: models in CC are still under copyright so arent it allowed releasing publicly?

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009-03-17 16:46:08 »
ps: models in CC are still under copyright so arent it allowed releasing publicly?

That's one thing we were talking about...we are either going to release it private, or for a short amount of time.

Dearh

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009-03-17 17:00:48 »

That's one thing we were talking about...we are either going to release it private, or for a short amount of time.

For tifa you can use jedi  body model

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009-03-17 19:09:10 »
Btw, I feel that Tifa's face from CC is somehow even older than her age of 21 in FF7. In this case, I still prefer her head from KH (and also Aerith's, maybe asians like me like cute ones more ^^). Still, the other models (Cloud, Seph ...) in CC are perfectly fit with FF7

This European likes the cute KH Tifa as well ;-)

Tifa is a very warm character but something about her appearance in Advent Children and CC seems extremely cold.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009-03-17 22:09:23 »
YAY!
NOOO!!!
How do i fix those horrible black parts? Do i have to alter the lighting on the level?

I would really like it if someone could help me with texture transparency :D
« Last Edit: 2010-09-13 18:22:03 by ultima espio »

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #20 on: 2009-03-17 22:32:47 »
Oh, and just a short note, we decided we're gonna go proportional AND chibi. so everyone's happy :D

Dearh

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009-03-17 22:49:14 »
Oh, and just a short note, we decided we're gonna go proportional AND chibi. so everyone's happy :D

Wiht chibi you don't mean  to do l deformed model  as original But chibi size right?

koral

« Reply #22 on: 2009-03-17 23:08:03 »
SilverWings: legality is a major issue, we are just going to have to be careful  :wink:

Leighos: I totally agree with you, the KH2 Tifa head does help to suggest more of her warmth as a kind character.
But what i had in mind was something more like AC. CC Tifa has as much personality as a cardboard cutout, too bland.  :-P

NeoCloud: check your PM!

ultima espio: Sephi's shoulders dont feel right, too thin maybe?
I am not sure what happened to his textures, but if i had to guess I would say that the multiple transparent poly layers of his hair are conflicting with each other at those distances.
You might have to make his hair "solid" and remove the alpha for it to work correctly.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009-03-17 23:19:56 »
Thanks koral, i scaled all of his parts the same, i think it looks weird coz his pads dont curl round to meet his body.

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009-03-17 23:29:51 »
Sorry, But i really dont like the look of Normal-proportion characters on the field, it kinda ruins it for me. maybe someone'll do that at a later stage, but i wont be.
Sweet ! So how long does this whole converting of a character work?
Quite a long time, since most characters require some modifying to fit into FF7 anyway.

I second that!  :-D :-D :-D :-D