Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4886146 times)

iDerek759

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #3900 on: 2016-06-30 00:46:08 »
Ashes (and Gospel Sparks) were supposed to be a very late-game and a limited use item outside of W-Item duping; I think Ash can only be acquired from the super boss Binah (renamed to Netzerachiah because the dudes making FF14 decided to name their small-ass Sephirot adds 'binahs' :l ). But Sparks can be farmed, I think.

I see what you're saying; maybe if it was something unique then that applied to the party. But the obstacle to navigate with that is not interrupting characters with their own stat gains (Barret's would be reset back to his original strength, for instance, when gaining defence stacks).

I sent a PM about a possible flevel fix; and the innate list currently in 1.4 was posted earlier:

Gotcha, I see what you're saying in terms of the obstacles about screwing with other characters stat gains. So it's an innate you definitely want to effect the entire party though, yeah?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: 2016-06-30 01:01:24 »
Gotcha, I see what you're saying in terms of the obstacles about screwing with other characters stat gains. So it's an innate you definitely want to effect the entire party though, yeah?

Doesn't have to be party-wide, just an idea I was considering. If it was a buff of some kind then it wouldn't interfere but like you said items might make that moot late-game. Something affecting Limit gauges like Renzai said could be nice too; I'll ask around.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: 2016-06-30 01:22:57 »
Doesn't have to be party-wide, just an idea I was considering. If it was a buff of some kind then it wouldn't interfere but like you said items might make that moot late-game. Something affecting Limit gauges like Renzai said could be nice too; I'll ask around.

What if you pulled a page out of FFX with the Overdrive options, and instead of charging Cloud's limit gauge when receiving damage, he charges his limit gauge when dealing physical damage? Since Cloud primarily is the DPS role, it could work, but I don't know.

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: 2016-06-30 01:30:25 »
Hmm, I'll throw some around for Cloud/Cid/etc.

- charging limit up (or a certain number of units) in a single battle triggers something, like hp/mp recovery for the character or allies
- combat resistance to slash, hit, and/or shoot if defending in the front row (good panic button or front tank for bruiser/counter build)
- first time revived in combat, gain haste/regen
- combat critical bonus, like improving crit rate of allies in front row (lol if Cid had this)
- while all allies are alive, benefit from a level bonus (might screw up or help things like Goblin Punch)
- 1x mega-all

For Vincent, Cid's and Cait Sith's current passive would work. You could also try a combat bonus to physical and/or magical evasion after attacking, though that may overlap a little with Yuffie.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: 2016-06-30 03:28:20 »
What if you pulled a page out of FFX with the Overdrive options, and instead of charging Cloud's limit gauge when receiving damage, he charges his limit gauge when dealing physical damage? Since Cloud primarily is the DPS role, it could work, but I don't know.

Overdrive mechanics could be interesting; if his gauge filled when allies take damage might be a good one as well and a counter to Yoshiyuki.

Hmm, I'll throw some around for Cloud/Cid/etc.

- charging limit up (or a certain number of units) in a single battle triggers something, like hp/mp recovery for the character or allies
- combat resistance to slash, hit, and/or shoot if defending in the front row (good panic button or front tank for bruiser/counter build)
- first time revived in combat, gain haste/regen
- combat critical bonus, like improving crit rate of allies in front row (lol if Cid had this)
- while all allies are alive, benefit from a level bonus (might screw up or help things like Goblin Punch)
- 1x mega-all

For Vincent, Cid's and Cait Sith's current passive would work. You could also try a combat bonus to physical and/or magical evasion after attacking, though that may overlap a little with Yuffie.

Limit Level is an opcode I have (though it might not be confirmed, it's ? in the notes I've got and I haven't used it at all); if that's the case, then I could set up Vincent with something based on which Limit Level/monster form is set.

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: 2016-06-30 05:19:46 »
The current innates are:

Cloud: Gains a strength or magic boost of +25 whenever an action of the same type is performed by the party (if someone attacks, he gains the strength boost, if someone uses summon he gains Magic, etc.) Only activates after he's been recruited again from Mideel.

Barret: Gains defensive stacks when hit by damage in the back-row, gains attack stats when hit in the front row. Stacks of both types can't be held together and gaining a stack of one type resets the other.

Tifa: Once per battle, will recover from a KO with 1HP automatically with Limit, statuses, ATB, etc. intact.

Aeris: When using Defend, she absorbs most elemental damage in addition to the usual 50% physical damage reduction

Red XIII: Slowly gains Strength and Magic as the battle progresses.

Yuffie: Gains a boost to physical/magical evasion when hit by an attack/effect of the corresponding type.

Cait Sith: Will periodically gain HP equal to half of his current MP.

Vincent: Passively regenerates MP.

Cid: When hit by damage, he'll gain Barrier if in the front row or MBarrier if in the back row.

I could swap Cait Sith's innate onto Vincent which would combo well with his Limit forms that don't use MP; that'd let me think of something for Cait Sith instead of Vincent. That or I could maybe enhance Vince's Limit forms by adding automatic buffs that get refreshed while he's running through his AI in them though that'd mean having to use those forms to get any benefits.

The root of the problem is that I'm flat out of ideas for what Cloud or Cid could have as innates, and limited by the space. I could maybe load something onto the enemy scripts instead, maybe a 'mark for death' effect when attacked by a specific character that lowers their defensive stats a little though enemies that change their defence (like Guard Scorpion) would be problematic. Cid needs something attack-based I think, while for Cloud I'd veer more toward a party-buff or something.

ahhh, well those innates are fine according to me, i thought you had the old ones (Cloud gaining 40 STR/MAG and Cid with Auto-Crits on hit). The barrier innate is fine for Cid, since he more or less is a melee but can now chose between tank or dps, instead of forcing him to be a damage dealer.

Same with Cloud, if his innate is the changing one, it fits both his char (identity crisis) as well as it quite interesting in how to use it. My assumption to your last reply to one of my posts, was that they were the old ones still.

As for Vincent i actually think making limit buff might be a good idea, since he is a "monster" that focuses on shape shifting. And if anyone is going to have affects when party members die/get hurt, i think it should be either Vincent or Cloud, since it fits those chars most. In any case, keep up the good work.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: 2016-06-30 05:33:27 »
Overdrive mechanics could be interesting; if his gauge filled when allies take damage might be a good one as well and a counter to Yoshiyuki.

Oh snap, you're right with the Yoshiyuki. That could actually be really cool.

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: 2016-06-30 14:50:43 »

Though i think chars with limit break variety could have this innate (maybe after the application of the exe patch?). Since adding this innate to a char with purely dps limit breaks, kinda forces him/her into a phys dmg dealer role.

This could work with Vincent, Red or even Caith because of their different types of limit breaks.

goldengoat

• View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: 2016-06-30 15:59:16 »
So I've hit an issue where the game freezes when I head to in front of the Honey Bee Inn.
I'm on the latest patch (29th June mk2) for this and it happens on my first visit to Wall Market.

Unsure if anybody else has hit this issue yet though.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: 2016-06-30 16:43:20 »
So I've hit an issue where the game freezes when I head to in front of the Honey Bee Inn.
I'm on the latest patch (29th June mk2) for this and it happens on my first visit to Wall Market.

Unsure if anybody else has hit this issue yet though.

I'll get on it.

Edit: New patch up. Wasn't able to identify the cause, so I assumed it was a corrupted field and replaced it with a back-up. Seems to be OK now.

Edit2: Scratch that, I forgot to remove a debug line from the first save point that teleports you to the church rafters ._.
« Last Edit: 2016-06-30 20:24:23 by Sega Chief »

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: 2016-06-30 20:27:43 »
hey sega chief

what do you think about adding a guild system jobs in the dark cave side quest

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: 2016-06-30 20:30:42 »
What if Cloud gained his limit instantly whenever another party member get's K.O.ed? it would seem like a cool idea, but I'm wondering if this can then be exploited by players killing the other party members to achieve limit status all the time, lol.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: 2016-06-30 20:46:34 »
hey sega chief

what do you think about adding a guild system jobs in the dark cave side quest

I don't think that would fit too well; it's designed as a quick self-contained thing whereas a guild job system would be more for main-game content (maybe for a separate mod altogether).

What if Cloud gained his limit instantly whenever another party member get's K.O.ed? it would seem like a cool idea, but I'm wondering if this can then be exploited by players killing the other party members to achieve limit status all the time, lol.

I'd exploit that out of the ears. Be drowning in Limits.

That's the finished flevel patch up.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: 2016-06-30 20:52:37 »
I'd exploit that out of the ears. Be drowning in Limits.

Yeah, I'd do the same...lol, welp! Still at the drawing board...

goldengoat

• View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: 2016-06-30 20:53:15 »
I'll get on it.

Edit: New patch up. Wasn't able to identify the cause, so I assumed it was a corrupted field and replaced it with a back-up. Seems to be OK now.

Edit2: Scratch that, I forgot to remove a debug line from the first save point that teleports you to the church rafters ._.
Thank you!

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #3915 on: 2016-06-30 21:09:28 »
Okay, what if maybe Cloud gained the 'Regen' effect while using defend 1 time, per battle? He has Mako flowing inside him/was inside the lifestream so....maybe? lol

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: 2016-06-30 21:20:10 »
Okay, what if maybe Cloud gained the 'Regen' effect while using defend 1 time, per battle? He has Mako flowing inside him/was inside the lifestream so....maybe? lol

Could do; Regen is the last spell learned on Restorative (for NT) so it's a fairly late spell w/ a higher MP cost. Maybe couple it with another status?

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: 2016-06-30 21:23:25 »
Could do; Regen is the last spell learned on Restorative (for NT) so it's a fairly late spell w/ a higher MP cost. Maybe couple it with another status?

Regen + Barrier? Would that work? Or....Resist?

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: 2016-06-30 21:28:29 »
Coupled with another status? You mean like sadness, resist, or the like? Unless you're talking about a negative status, in which case that's a head scratcher.

EDIT: Ninja'd by iDerek

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: 2016-07-01 05:51:33 »
Ok, hit another game-crash area. Disc 1, right about to climb up the wire to reach Shinra HQ. After you pass the area with the kids talking about how Avalanche dropped the plate as you're climbing up the wire, the game screen turns black, it starts playing battle music, and it freezes. Again, no other mods on my setup beyond New Threat. And yes, I am using the June 30th patch you uploaded here.
« Last Edit: 2016-07-01 08:14:12 by Robo Jesus »

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: 2016-07-01 14:19:44 »
Regen + Barrier? Would that work? Or....Resist?

Wouldnt really recommend either tbh. Regen, while being a end-tier healing spell, is nothing more then a different take on Caiths current innate and it becomes more or less useless after you get Regen normally.
Resist might cause more problem since it can apply resist when you dont even want it. Scenarios can be bosses that have high phyc dmg or abilities that more or less forces the Defend command (Omega weapon).

If by any chance you could toggle Resist (Defend activates it, a different action removes it) then maybe, but sometimes you might want to keep resist thus making even that possibility unlikely.

I am not really sure why we need to change Clouds innate if it is the changing 25 STR/MAG? The only "bad" innate atm is Vincent, while the rest range from fine to really good. Ofcourse that stats/effects might need buffs/nerfs on some innates, but (according to me) Vincent is the only one that needs a whole new concept for his innate.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: 2016-07-01 16:22:18 »
Ok, hit another game-crash area. Disc 1, right about to climb up the wire to reach Shinra HQ. After you pass the area with the kids talking about how Avalanche dropped the plate as you're climbing up the wire, the game screen turns black, it starts playing battle music, and it freezes. Again, no other mods on my setup beyond New Threat. And yes, I am using the June 30th patch you uploaded here.

That's a concern, because I don't think that screen was altered at all recently and it's the 2nd to suddenly stop loading. I can restore it from the back-up like the other screen, but it makes me wonder how many more of these there are and why they've went kaput.

Edit: Ah, looks like I was wrong. Those fields have been altered to make a different music track play during the dark cave sidequest but it's caused a thing where the original song will start playing from the beginning when changing screens (instead of just continuing). I didn't get a black screen crash though, but this might be because I'd already climbed the wire and avoided whatever script trigger is causing the problem (if you got battle music, then something's up).

In any case, the script needs cleaning up.

Edit2: Updated the patch, I reckon the problems will be isolated to Midgar because that's where a lot of the scripting is taking place. I ran through the wire fields from Reno up to Shinra HQ and it seems to be OK but let me know if it still doesn't load.
« Last Edit: 2016-07-01 17:15:45 by Sega Chief »

mexico

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: 2016-07-01 17:15:41 »
So Sega, you think you will modify the kernel ? I got some trouble to translate it but I finally found a way. The result is that I probably won't be able to modify it after that (couldn't open it with Wall Market). So I have to be sure that you won't modify it ^^

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: 2016-07-01 17:20:16 »
I don't know if I can guarantee that; whenever the scene.bin gets modified heavily it needs to be resynched with the kernel which alters it I imagine + I need to do some work on character innates.

Here's what we could do instead; if you translate the text down into notepad files (one notepad per section: magic, items, etc.), and with each item name/description in the order that they appear in the lists (so you don't need to write down the english names) then I can copy-paste the french texts into the finished kernel whenever that comes to pass.

mexico

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: 2016-07-01 17:33:14 »
No, that doesn't work, I have crashs when I do that. The way I found is patching it with Néo-Midgar, the result is that editors can't open it when it is patched. So I think it will be better to wait till you're absolutely sure you won't change it. ;) PM me when it's the case.