Author Topic: So weapons anyone?  (Read 58008 times)

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
So weapons anyone?
« on: 2007-04-03 03:25:51 »
So squeeble, weemus, and I are working on a pretty decent sized modding project now. Squeeble is converting a bunch of battle models from KH, and other Final Fantasy titles, weemus is working on converting the battle models to field models, and I'm working mostly on weapons and fixing textures. So I got a question for you guys. What kind of weapons would you like to see in FF7? I already have a couple of Shin-Ra made swords, a Kingdom Hearts themed Keyblade, and the Master Sword from The Legend of Zelda, so what else?

**EDIT**
On the note of swords... this better work in game or I might cry...
« Last Edit: 2007-04-03 04:14:00 by andrewmarsh13 »

hero101

Re: So weapons anyone?
« Reply #1 on: 2007-04-03 05:26:10 »
I would love to see the Gunblade in FF7!!  :-D  Possibley even the Lionheart would be mad if you could do that!!

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-04-03 05:28:17 »

okay... so I got a little lazy with the circle part, I'll make a better version tomorrow or something.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-04-03 05:30:20 »
OOoo looks very nice hey if you want i can send you the KH2 one as reference.

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007-04-03 05:35:06 »
That'd probably help, as long as I'm able to import it in either pcreator or milkshape.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-04-03 05:43:57 »
does milkshape except .3ds?

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007-04-03 05:45:28 »
Yeah, I can import them. I use that because it was cheaper than 3D Studio Max lol

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007-04-03 05:47:45 »
OK well i'll emailem to you soon and looky what i did with the collector lol

P.S well i got max fairly cheap lol no more to the discussion.

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007-04-03 05:51:12 »
NICE! I can't wait to see a member of SOLDIER with the Powerblade...

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007-04-03 05:57:44 »
Oh yeah and to make the porting proccess quickeer instead of making the models in seperate peices try joining them and exporting them as one peice. Same with the uvmapping if u make your textures then pile them all into one file it has to be somthing lik 64x128 and just double that number if you want a higher res texture. Just pointing this out coz if you dont do it i have to anyway so yeah and keep the good work.

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007-04-03 06:16:21 »
Heh... I read that AFTER I got done messing around with the Advent Children sword... oh well...

This is really just squeeble sending me a model and me looking at it, but here's what we'll probably use for the Advent Children sword

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007-04-03 06:50:42 »
If somehow you could rid of those bandage marks that would be really good. Oh and heres a first class soldier holding your powerblade.

Oh and i've had a really good idea aswell, seeing as cloud is wearing a soldier uniform if i tweak the cloud peices and maybe have you go over the textures for the different soldier classes we would have a brand spankin new soldier :-D

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007-04-03 07:14:13 »
3 things.
1) AWESOME
2) I'll get rid of the bandages tomorrow
3) Changing the textures a bit will be easy I think. We just need the helmet head for them.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007-04-03 07:22:03 »
Ok well to prove i can do more than just port things over wich takes minimal skill.

made from tutorial not very difficult

made this myself from scratch took me 5 days of work the only problem you might notice... I dont know how to texture lol

so i can make things aswell but the reason im doing the porting aswell is because its not practical taking a week to make every model and theres like 200 models so like square said with a full team and five years we could do it lmao. So later on il work on that helmet and stuff.

**EDIT** Ok i have a a gunblade here from KH2 ready to put into the game, now the question is who should it goe to the obvious answer isnt cloud beleive it or not because the gunblade is a small one handed weapon. So it could go to vincent or perhaps yuffie as her weapons are all one handed or i could do sumthing really weird and attach it to barrett's gunarm lol. I will be awaiting input from the community until i proceed further.
« Last Edit: 2007-04-03 08:58:05 by squeeble »

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007-04-03 13:24:09 »
Vincent definitely. So I got the craziest idea last nighti n bed that I might want to take on tonight after I'm done with that sword... making textures for Safer Sephiroth...Wish me luck on that one...

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007-04-04 02:28:50 »
Gunblade works really well ingame. :-D

The reason his eye's look weird is because i swapped the texture with the gunblade so he now has gunblade eyes lol... I plan on puting the DOC Vincent ingame but my computer can't run PCSX2 so i'll have a lok around and see if i can get a hold of them :wink:.

Psychotic Ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007-04-04 04:08:27 »
damn. vincent looks like as if he has a claw AND a sword for hands

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007-04-04 04:38:51 »
I think that's just the angle the shot was taken from. This might give you a better idea.

I sure do love to post screenshots :-P.

Rancid Cheese

• Uhh this Cheese ain't fresh at all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007-04-04 04:42:52 »
That is fantastic!

I gotta say at first I thought Cloud should have the Gunblade but now that I see Vincent with it you sure convinced me otherwise nice one! Is that from KH1/2? How about the weird Bandaged keyblade Sora gets for beating Sephiroth in KH2 . . . can't remember it's name. Or the Griever themed Keyblade from KH1 I like that one . . .

In terms of other weapons what games can you source from or do you model some yourself it'd be easier to make suggestions if I knew what your limitations were . . .
« Last Edit: 2007-04-04 04:51:11 by Rancid Cheese »

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007-04-04 05:04:38 »
Well i can get my hands on anything *cough**cough* so just throw an idea at me and i'll say yes or no and for what reason sort of thing :-).

Rancid Cheese

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007-04-04 06:29:51 »
Chappu's sword from FFX would be nice,
Yuna's summoner staff from FFX for Aeris or some of the cooler one's for Cid
Wakka's blitzball's for Yuffie and maybe Princess Peach's Turnips from Smash Bros. Melee or a pokeball etc
The homerun bat from Smash Bros. Melee instead of the Nail bat
Some random gun from Halflife for Vincent or Yuna's "Gunner" gun from X-2

That's just off the top my head I could go on forever . . .

« Last Edit: 2007-04-04 06:33:17 by Rancid Cheese »

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007-04-04 06:44:21 »
Well i think chappu's sword is the brotherhood that blue thing yeah, yunas staff are easy done and swapping kimhari's for cid's. As for the homerun bat i made a nail bat a while ago wich was just some textures i found of google and a baseball bat i found on turbosquid lol. Plus i could make pokeball or a turnip and get andrew to texture them :wink:.

Landarma

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007-04-04 12:34:56 »
What about Standard SOLDIER-Issued sword which was shown in Crisis Core Trailer?

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007-04-04 23:30:07 »
lol I had a bit of a go at making it the other day but could'nt be bothered so i'll leave that task up to you andrew :wink:.

Rancid Cheese

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007-04-05 13:19:59 »
How about Dante's swords from all the DMC games and maybe his Ifrit Gauntlets for Tifa, hmm?