Author Topic: (WIP) Final Fantasy VII Climhazzard (PSX Version) King Bomb & Carrot Vids added!  (Read 209027 times)

ff7rules

• View Profile
saw some of the bosses on teh 1st page... pretty nice cant w8 for it to come out  :-D

Thanks!  :-D comments like this really encourage me to keep going with this. Anyway i have started from disc 1 and im going to make my way through the patch this way. Heres what i have done with Guard Scorpion.

New stats*
Guard Scorpion
Level 14
HP 1600
Mp 100
Attacks: Death Scope(reduce to 1 hp), Scorpion Tail, Rifle Tail, Tail laser
Win item Hi potion
Gil won 100
Exp 100

Im also going to alter his AI so that Tail laser is random and he will use it when he pleases. I have made it so Search Scope (now called Death Scope) reduces you to 1 HP. You would not believe how much more challenging this makes this boss. Its actually quite hard now and thats before i have even boasted his stats. Its not impossible, I have beat him, just had a bit of luck along the way. Had barret just use potions and cloud pummel it with bolt and water (what good is ice anyway) Water does 2 x damage aswell so you can make quick work of him if you plan it out right. Air buster is next and i have a great idea which will drive people crazy :D Is this what people want? Not the stats boasting a hell of of alot but an extra challenge thrown in?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Quote from: ff7rules
Air buster is next and i have a great idea which will drive people crazy Cheesy Is this what people want? Not the stats boasting a hell of of alot but an extra challenge thrown in?

Let's see what you've got  :-P

ff7rules

• View Profile
Quote from: ff7rules
Air buster is next and i have a great idea which will drive people crazy Cheesy Is this what people want? Not the stats boasting a hell of of alot but an extra challenge thrown in?

Let's see what you've got  :-P

His Defense is the same but Hp is alot more he has a new attack called Toy Soldier im sure you can guess what that does  8-)  and bullets don't touch him.

zer0x4

• View Profile
what r u using to edit the game?

ff7rules

• View Profile
what r u using to edit the game?

Im using all sorts of tools hojo, Heid, hex editer, mimic 7, Wallmarket, Cd mage, theres loads. I will write a tutorial and how to use them all if people want.
Im hoping since its bank hoilday monday today i can do enough work to have a video out.

zer0x4

• View Profile
so this will work on psp right?

ff7rules

• View Profile
so this will work on psp right?

Ummmm far as i know yeah mate.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
death scope? oh dear! i bet u gna need like 30 potions to win this battle huh? lol

ff7rules

• View Profile
death scope? oh dear! i bet u gna need like 30 potions to win this battle huh? lol

Not really just need the right plan. also enemys will drop stuff which will help you with boss fights so thatll be important you fight a few of them.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
thats also cool.. i remember on gjoerulv's mod that the sweeper monster dropped bolt plume.. which inflicted over around 900-1000 damage and that REALLY helped against guard scorpion.. that is wut u were referring to right?

ff7rules

• View Profile
thats also cool.. i remember on gjoerulv's mod that the sweeper monster dropped bolt plume.. which inflicted over around 900-1000 damage and that REALLY helped against guard scorpion.. that is wut u were referring to right?

Yeah. However mine will drop allsorts somethings usefull some not so you might have to find the items before you continue or struggle with what youve got. This will make stuff like level challenges possible and speed runs a nightmare. There will also be some surprises thrown in so the player will never think i know whats coming now because they won't.

squallff8

• View Profile
2 ff7rules
Can you make the list of changes,after you'll finish this mod :wink:

ff7rules

• View Profile
2 ff7rules

I could but i thought the idea was to get ideas from people what they wanna see how hard they want it to be etc but if people prefer me to just go ahead do a hack list the changes then release it i will do so.

squallff8

• View Profile
2 ff7rules

I could but i thought the idea was to get ideas from people what they wanna see how hard they want it to be etc but if people prefer me to just go ahead do a hack list the changes then release it i will do so.

That not what i meant :-) Many people ask different thing so i can't remember all changes in mod :-D If you'll release a list of changes after finish mod will be nice  :roll:

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Wow that sounds nice! i like surprises also even if it "kills" me! haha get it?

ff7rules

• View Profile
Wow that sounds nice! i like surprises also even if it "kills" me! haha get it?

Haha awesome :D Well all ill say is they say "what doesn't kill me makes me stronger" thats absoulte BS with this patch  :-)  what ever kills you kills you. No boss will be a walk in the park i can promise that much.

Kurando

I'm not sure if someone already asked, though I'm curious as to which version of FFVII (NTSC US/JP or PAL) this will work with, or does it really matter?

ff7rules

• View Profile
I'm not sure if someone already asked, though I'm curious as to which version of FFVII (NTSC US/JP or PAL) this will work with, or does it really matter?

well with the scenes and kernal i think there the same so both i think but im working with the NTSC version.

Kurando

well with the scenes and kernal i think there the same so both i think but im working with the NTSC version.

Do you think it would work with the Japanese International version of FFVII? Obviously it's NTSC, though has a few differences compared to the US version.

ff7rules

• View Profile

Do you think it would work with the Japanese International version of FFVII? Obviously it's NTSC, though has a few differences compared to the US version.

I don't think so. NTSC J which is what you are reffering to has a few differenaces. You can try but you might get some strange results.

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
guys I in the progress of editing my scene.bin for toughness also, so far I have just used scene edit to boost boss stats, and tested the last 3 boss battles, safer seph is now more worthy of final boss status, and all 3 bosses no longer crumble under kotr.  Regarding the 9999 limit I have removed the 9999 hp limit but I decided to keep the damage done by the player limited to 9999 (not the enemy tho), it suddenly became too easy to kill a lot of creatures when I was doing 30k per hit with 4x cut.  If I toughen up everything in the game to counter this I may then allow high damage again.

What I am interested in tho is doing what you have done here, changing the attacks the monsters do, I am guessing wall market or some other app does this as scene edit doesnt seem to be able to.

zer0x4

• View Profile
any updates

kini

• View Profile
    • open source web
would it be possable to reduce the size of the videos and make the game just one disk? it would be a huge improvement for those playign on the PSP.

ff7rules

• View Profile
would it be possable to reduce the size of the videos and make the game just one disk? it would be a huge improvement for those playign on the PSP.

There is a way to put all the discs into 1 eboot yes. And i will have a huge update tonight.

DarkVenomandCarnage

• FUTILE EFFORT!
    • View Profile
Sorry I was away but I can't wait for updates!
I would like that tutorial!
and why not rename Guard Scorpion to 'Scorpion Defender Omega' while
having the original unmodded Guard Scorpion as a random encounter!

and on your Dream Boss post...

Here is a challenge! (NOTE this os based on the original limits, if you change the limits, change him accordingly! he breaks Damage limit I know, but it could hit him!}

Rufus Shinra
Level: 8
HP:1000
MP: 500
STR:13
DEF:15
MAG:10
MDEF:13
AGIL:7
EVDE:2
Win item: Elixer
Gil won 500
Exp 500
attacks: Shotgun, Gun Stinger (He fires several rounds, doing about 150 each), Highwind (Same as Cids, weakened to
where each bomb does 20 to 100 damage) Haste (uses as soon as Dark Nations dead) Water (uses this occasionally once
Dark Nation is Dead) Drain (uses this for about 50 damage when he's down to 200 HP or lower.)

Dark Nation
Level: 8
HP:400
MP: 999
STR:13
DEF:15
MAG:10
MDEF:13
AGIL:7
EVDE:2
Win item Hi potion
Gil won 200
Exp 100
Attacks: Attack, Poison Fang (attack with poison Status), Wall (affects DN and Rufus) Esuna (Uses if Rufus is poisoned)
Fira (uses as a last strike)

Rufus Shinra (I want to fight him again!)
HP: 5,000,000
MP: 9000
Win item: Ribbon X 3 (as a boon to people who don't like jumbo cactuars)
Gil won 1,000,000
Exp 60,000
AP: 40,000 (I wouldn't want to cheat any player out of a nice reward after a difficult battel, greater than WEAPON!)
attacks: Shotgun, Gun Stinger (He fires several rounds, doing about 1500 each), Highwind (Same as Cids, weakened to
where each bomb does 5000 to 9000 damage) Haste (uses as soon as Shattered Light is dead) Aquaga (uses this often once
Shattered Light is Dead) Drain (uses this for about 5000 damage when he's down to 200 HP or lower.), Death (uses occasionally once
Shattered Light is Dead), Bio, Russian Roullete (Rufus uses this to deal 90,000 damage to a random character, himself and Shattered light included)
Hail of Bullets (Deals 3000 do everone, self included, after SL's dead), Ultima, Flare, Final Shot {deals 9900 damage to party once defeated)

Shattered Light
HP:250,000
MP:7000
Win item: Megalixer
Gil won 20000
Exp 10000
AP:7,000
Attacks: Attack, Poison Fang (attack with poison Status), Wall (affects SL and Rufus) Esuna (Uses if Rufus is Negative-statused)
Gravija (uses as a last strike, rips off 70%)

(I would try these... Eventually...)

Seraph Sephiroth Ideas coming soon!
« Last Edit: 2009-05-10 18:35:52 by DarkVenomandCarnage »