Author Topic: Sephiroth Story Mod is available where as an IRO?  (Read 2230 times)

mr_nygren

• View Profile
Hello, looking at the Tifa's Seventh Heaven page there was a Sephiroth Story mod in the past, but it isn't in the catalog now - i need this file to be able to test that mod. I already have the .exe-files but not the IRO. Thanks

PS: Genesis063 is the creator.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
Re: Sephiroth Story Mod is available where as an IRO?
« Reply #1 on: 2019-07-11 08:37:18 »
He asked for it to be removed as he wanted to put a bit more work into it before re-releasing.

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-07-11 18:45:31 »
He asked for it to be removed as he wanted to put a bit more work into it before re-releasing.

Ah, that was unnecessary lol - now he might never release it again  :P.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 2019-07-12 02:20:26 »
It was never in a state ready for release, so I never added it to the Catalog. I was constantly sent PMs about updates and links for them, but the file structure was too messy for me to understand. It had file formats I'd never seen, and all my attempts to ask what they were went ignored. Just kept responding with more updates, and putting false update edits in the mod OP thread.

At this stage, it won't get a Catalog release until genesis slows down and takes the time to work with me.

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2019-07-12 03:12:14 »
Are you sure about that I haven't received anything for like years.  Also I am working on setting up the file structure.  I've also sent how most of the compatibility issues should be resolved.  I assure I am keeping you updated.  Also I am pretty active on my progress for my mods on discord.  Anyway I am currently also working on making new models for Tifa and Vincent using Barret's animations when they use his role.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 2019-07-12 12:45:20 »
I think this proves my point. If you are still working on it, then it shouldn't be released. I already made the mistakes of adding New Threat and Beacause when they were still in development. Look at how those have resulted...years of waiting for a final release with too many updates to count in that time frame. I don't want the Catalog to be filled with unfinished mods open for public testing. The amount of work (hassle) involved in adding patch files each time it updates is work no one wants to do. Besides, the patch feature is more meant for log errors when uploading to the Catalog. I'm not perfect and do make some mistakes on the initial uploads.

When the mod is finished is when it should be released. New Threat, Beacause and CHaOS are the only exceptions I've made since their version phases are so long in between.