Author Topic: Installing individually components manually?  (Read 5265 times)

90°

Installing individually components manually?
« on: 2010-09-11 19:35:44 »
Hello.

Before I say anything else, I figure I'd tell you I'm not using the Aali driver. What I want to do is... install individual components of this project manually to see what will, or won't, work with the high res patch fro SaiNt.

The reason for this is that I'm running FF7 from an older Windows 98 PC I pulled from storage. It doesn't have OpenGL support...

I've been able to get the installer to work, but I'm getting 'external texture' errors, the fonts/menus are misaligned, etc...

The new Barret model does work, among a couple other things. Is there some way I can install these manually, so I can use them without the other incompatibilities?

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
Re: Installing individually components manually?
« Reply #1 on: 2010-09-11 19:53:33 »
because of the way the GUI mod of the TA works, without Aali's driver it wont work at all. I think other then battle models you won't beable to get any of TA to work. Correct me if i'm wrong.

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-09-11 21:50:16 »
not really, Aali's driver is a vital part of the TA patch. It basically enables us to even mod this game, and without it we would be very limited in what we can do.

90°

« Reply #3 on: 2010-09-11 23:02:45 »
So far, I have the game running with the SaiNt resolution patch, the Phoenix Rejuvenation Project mod, and the FF7Music mod.

Seems to be working fine... but I guess I'll have to do more experimentation.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-09-11 23:46:06 »
So far, I have the game running with the SaiNt resolution patch, the Phoenix Rejuvenation Project mod, and the FF7Music mod.

I advice you not to use the Saint resolution patch because you can already set the resolution in Aali's driver.
Sorry didn't saw the first post.
« Last Edit: 2010-09-12 15:00:50 by nikfrozty »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-09-11 23:55:45 »

I advice you not to use the Saint resolution patch because you can already set the resolution in Aali's driver.
I advise you to reread the first post, wherein he said he's using an old Win98 box that has no OpenGL support and therefore cannot even run Aali's driver.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-09-12 01:13:52 »
Anything that requires the EXT png function of aali's driver will not work with the saints patch. Barret's battle model and possibly the diamond weapon will work with the saints patch. Everything else will not work.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-09-13 05:15:00 »
aali's driver allows such nice things as 24 bit textures, and other nice tidbits, the barret models current release has a lower depth texture, as it was released before the high quality stuff was available. you could theoretically low the quality of our textures one by one, and import them the old fashioned way with pcreator etc. but it'll b a fair amount of work on your end.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #8 on: 2010-09-13 13:21:00 »
windows 98 for real??!?