Author Topic: ATTN: People calling themselves "Sephiroth" etc.  (Read 36176 times)

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
ATTN: People calling themselves "Sephiroth" etc.
« on: 2006-01-25 05:02:57 »
Seriously, are you so devoid of creative thinking that you can't think up a name for yourself without resorting to copying a well-established one? What is it that drives you, are you hoping that Sephiroth's "coolness" will rub off on you? Are you so oblivious to the fact that when other people see you they're usually think "Geez, here comes another moron"?

The reason for this little outburst is not purely ideological (we've had "Sephiroths" around since the old days), but more of a practical one. At this moment, we have 22 people using a simple variation of the name "Sephiroth" as their user name (and probably a few more using a bad spelling). It's not only uninnovative, it's downright confusing. So the following people should strongly consider changing their user name to something we can actually recognize you by, before the management decides to do some culling of the herd:

Sephiroth
Sephiroth 3D
Sephiroth the Dragon
Sephiroth 1311
Sephiroth2000
sephiroth2045
Sephiroth398
Sephiroth7777
Sephiroth_98
sephiroth_nightmare
Sephiroth's heart
SephirothEX
Great Sephiroth
The Great Sephiroth
TheGreatSephiroth
(oh for fuck's sake...)
0_sephiroth_0
_Sephiroth_
akthamissephiroth
NeoSephiroth87
Psycho_Sephiroth
Seraph_Sephiroth
xXSephirothXx

On a similar note, there are also 20 Clouds, six Squalls and three Zacks. If either of you want to have an actual identity, you might consider the same.

Aeris is Dead - Face It

« Reply #1 on: 2006-01-25 18:39:48 »
hehe, I'm thinking about re-registering as

"Aeries is Dead".

Can I do that without being banned? :P

-TCA

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #2 on: 2006-01-25 20:47:47 »
FYI to everyone:
You can change your name without reregistering.  (Go to your Profile.)

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #3 on: 2006-01-26 05:41:02 »
Yes, well, of course if you change your name unnecessarily often, it'll be even more confusing. Also, once you do change, it would help if you actually inform people who you actually are. Were. Whatever.

On a similar note, what is up with the whole adding your name to every post? It is already written next to your post, why add it? This is why I purposely keep signatures off, because I know damn well that only one user in every 100 would ever put anything useful in there, the rest would either just insert their name (useless!) or stuff that's clearly visible in their profile anyway, where people can read it if they want to.

Not.in.a.jolly.mood.today.

Claude

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-02-22 21:29:40 »
That must be really annoying.

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
« Reply #5 on: 2006-02-22 21:37:23 »
Erm, what happened to the rest of the posts in this topic?

- Alhexx

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-02-22 23:52:58 »
Aaron killed them... :weep:

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #8 on: 2006-02-23 00:11:58 »
On that note; starting now, users' name changes will (hopefully) be recorded, with previous names showing up under their user profile. Might become a useful feature if you're bothered by people with strange names talking as if they know you. Of course, if and when you do change usernames, it is still good to notify people about it.

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006-02-23 02:43:58 »
Will we own the names (like if a new user stole my name after I changed it would they be able to)? If we revert, will we still have them under our name, it might be a bit wasteful to have it all if we are going to have 100 listed names, unless there is a limit...

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #10 on: 2006-02-23 11:07:33 »
Your old names are not protected (i.e. other people can take them), they will remain even if you change back (wouldn't be much of a record otherwise), and name changes are still not encouraged as they generally do more harm than good, and thus not the least bit amusing if someone were to, say, excessively change their name just "for the fun of it". Thus people with "100 listed names" will never be a problem because they will have been banned long before that.

Also I think it ought to hit you as a warning sign that you've already accumulated about 1/8th of the posts I've ever made during my six years of running this place, yet you've only been here less than two months. That's 1/36th of six years, meaning you make four posts for every one I do. And I think I dare say the majority of those posts carry little relation to the purpose of these forums; what people want to read when they come here. You've also tried to push discussions off topic on more than one occasion. Consider this some friendly advice before someone puts a warning on you: pay closer attention to the social etiquette of the places you visit; just because you think something sould be okay to do doesn't mean it's appreciated.

Flatline

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006-04-02 03:05:25 »
well....i dont see why people use that name all the time, yes he is one of the most famous Final Fantasy Characters to date......but think about it.....if youve ever beaten ff7, or KH (play sephy in coliseum), then sephiroth has never won a serious battle :o

FantasyClover

« Reply #12 on: 2006-04-11 03:17:09 »
LMAO, LOL i burst out laughing after reading that.   :lol:

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
« Reply #13 on: 2006-04-22 01:36:29 »
Quote from: Flatline
well....i dont see why people use that name all the time, yes he is one of the most famous Final Fantasy Characters to date......but think about it.....if youve ever beaten ff7, or KH (play sephy in coliseum), then sephiroth has never won a serious battle :o

Sephiroth doesn't have to win the battles.. He's just a very cool character.. He looks awesome.. His face, hair, outfit .. Sword.. He's a badass..

Just because he didn't win the battles doesn't mean he's not a badass.. LoL

I love Sephiroth .. But Kefka is MUCH more evil than any final fantasy villains EVER..

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006-04-22 07:35:22 »
An example of why "sephiroth" doesn't make a good username:

sephirothdude: where coud i get the ff7 roms for snes
sephiroth748832: i dunno try [emulation site]
silversephy: u dumass there is no ff7 rom for snes its for psx
sephirothdude: liar i no i played it for snes
silversephy: u must be thinking of ff6
Moderator: Please do not ask for or give links to illegal materials here.
sephiroth748832: no its okay b'cauz snes is abandonware that means its okay
silversephy: ff7 isnt snes its psx!!!!!?!
Sehpiroth: ok im back
Sehpiroth: actually its not psx its ps1
Sehpiroth: and you can get ps1 roms at [another emulation site]
Sehpiroth: be carefull theres popups
silversephy: if its ps1 its iso not rom, and ps1=psx
Moderator: No double posts, no rom links. All of you are banned.

In this example, it's quite obvious that the only reason these people are idiots is because their IQ dropped when they chose a "Sephiroth" username.

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
Re: ATTN: People calling themselves "Sephiroth" etc.
« Reply #15 on: 2006-07-31 18:09:46 »
damn they is dumb.  sucks for me that i can't be just "sephiroth" seeing as how that's what my friends call me (due to the fact that i have hair to my shoulders, i am tall, and kick ass with swords)

Synergy Blades

« Reply #16 on: 2006-07-31 19:47:58 »
You might also want to read up on the rules about not reviving dead threads for pointless replies.

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #17 on: 2006-07-31 20:03:15 »
And grammar as well...

MagiMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006-08-09 19:28:14 »
ha grammer rules is useless in the real world lol KAWAII^_^, omg LOL!!!!!!!

Seriously, folks.

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #19 on: 2006-08-09 20:49:25 »
... you mean virtual world

Synergy Blades

« Reply #20 on: 2006-08-30 19:19:55 »
As per the rules, please don't revive an old topic to post something that isn't really contributing anything.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006-08-31 18:48:41 »
Hmm, isn't it ironic that the person who ignored that rule in this case just happens to use the name Seph? Even if it isn't from FF7, it's still funny.

Synergy Blades

« Reply #22 on: 2006-08-31 21:25:32 »
Rules: here. Search for 'resurrect'. That you're busy is just not an excuse. Yes, a post that old is considered resurrecting the thread on this board, especially when nothing new is being added. When you come to post, think about what value it will have for others to read; this is, after all, supposed to be a technical board. It's advisable, whilst you're at it, to use capital letters, punctuation and good spelling.

Oh Jari, where are you now.   :lol: Mods - please lock this thread, think it has served its purpose.

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
« Reply #23 on: 2006-08-31 22:17:19 »
Quote from: Seph
Correct me if im wrong but the question of this topic was "why people call themselfs sephs clouds etc" (...)

I didn't see any question like this in Qhimm's post. The reason for this post that Qhimm (and a lot more of us) are bored of people named "Sephiroth" or any variation of that name.

This topic was not to have all the Sephiroths tell us why they think that they have deserved that name or not.

Quote from: Seph
(...) im new here and because i was busy i didn't have the time to read all the rules so i didnt ignore it i just didn't know it.
That's not an excuse. If you had at least read all the posts in this thread, you might have read Synergy Blades's first post in this topic...

I'm going to close this topic now, since:
a) it was not meant to be a "discussion" topic from the beginning - it was an announcement
b) I don't think that anyone will ever have anything useful to add in this topic (except maybe adding new Sephiroths to the list above...)

- Alhexx