Author Topic: New version of FF7Music  (Read 66625 times)

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #75 on: 2005-11-25 10:53:58 »
just, can u explain how to make the game play my mp3 files with this patch?

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #76 on: 2005-11-25 10:56:38 »
Sure Easiest way is to tell me how you got FF7music on your computer?
Did you use a Multipatch or download FF7music on its own?

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #77 on: 2005-11-25 10:58:20 »
i downloaded it from ficedula

The Skillster

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #78 on: 2005-11-25 11:05:37 »
Easiest way is to manually edit the FF7music.ini
in there you will find entries for each midi track in FF7:
for example;
[bat.mid]="MP3\battle.mp3"
I will post a sample from my own INI in a few hours time.

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #79 on: 2005-11-25 14:45:10 »
ok, thx

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #80 on: 2005-11-25 14:48:13 »
i cant find any entries like this in my music log, it just say:
Code: [Select]
[Setup]
InputPlugin=C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\Nullsoft\ActiveX\plugins\in_mp3.dll
OutputPlugin=C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\Nullsoft\ActiveX\plugins\out_mm2.dll
Volume=255
Pan=0
Loop=0
Remember=0
ResumeExclusions=
ResumeAfter=
ObeyStop=0
MidiDevice=-1
MuteMidi=0
MaxMidi=0
PassThru=0
EmulateRamp=0
StopDelay=0
Paths=D:\COOL\
Profile=
ProfileList=default

The Skillster

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #81 on: 2005-11-25 15:34:49 »
is that all?
Damn you are missing quite alot, PM me you email address and I will email my INI to you.

celestria

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #82 on: 2005-11-25 18:22:59 »
has anybody noticed when patched with the new ff7music the world map load time is longer then normal same with entering towns and battle.

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #83 on: 2005-11-29 15:14:53 »
I've got a question:
Is there any way to make the game play my mp3s after they finished not from the beginning but from a part where i want it?

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #84 on: 2005-11-29 19:56:32 »
No.

Does Winamp or any other MP3 player do that?

I assume you're trying to circumvent those first few seconds of silence that happens when track loops, as well as properly looping the song from where it ended.  Sad to say, but, even winamp and windows media player can't loop mp3s as adaquitly as the midis get looped in-game.  Sorry =/

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #85 on: 2005-11-30 08:08:14 »
I just meant that for example i have the fighting.mp3 instead of the bat-midi
and its justabout 3 minutes and after that it starts from the beginning and thats noti without music patch, the midi starts some seconds later and this sound much better.

Is there really no way todo this?

PS: Sorry formy bad english... :roll:

The Skillster

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #86 on: 2005-11-30 16:29:06 »
yo, here is a easy way
open your mp3 with any mp3 editing program (I use wave editor that came with my soundblaster software), copy and paste the track so it is there twice (one after the other), now delete the sections inbetween that you dont want untill you are happy with the result, now save it and voila!
I doubt you need to loop it more than once since one OST mp3 is about 3-4 minutes long, I cant see a standard FF7 fight being longer than 180 seconds...

Great Sephiroth

• I Will never be ........ a memory
    • View Profile
FF7Music Trouble
« Reply #87 on: 2005-12-06 23:36:22 »
Hi people I have some trouble with FF7music(old or new version) Is Just I can't use the psf i have and when i try it theres is no music

I have A FF7 in french and i have the new version of FF7 Music

I hope someone can help me !!

steven

• View Profile
Re: FF7Music Trouble
« Reply #88 on: 2005-12-07 04:04:02 »
Quote from: Great Sephiroth
Hi people I have some trouble with FF7music(old or new version) Is Just I can't use the psf i have and when i try it theres is no music

I have A FF7 in french and i have the new version of FF7 Music

I hope someone can help me !!
The only things I can think of that might help is to make sure the prog points to the ff7 psf files correctly same gose with the winamp plugin and it being set up right also if you are using the  new one ( and used the older ver beforehand) make sure you turn off the olf ver of it because it may be interfering with the new ver

Great Sephiroth

• View Profile
RE: FF7Music
« Reply #89 on: 2005-12-07 18:40:59 »
the problem is I don't know how to set it because any of the older versions dont work and i really don't know how to set FF7 music in the good manner and dont understand all the instruction knowing a little base in english I(I know english but i am not a pro) i am french of Quebec and i have a French FF7 (PC) and English(PSX Version) and I have never been able to make any FF7music working witn my game
And maybe is the problem, How i can mute my MIDI output manually

Did somoenoe know how to set up this FF7music approprietly

I have a Pentium 533mhz with 64 mb ram

steven

• View Profile
Re: RE: FF7Music
« Reply #90 on: 2005-12-07 23:53:58 »
Quote from: Great Sephiroth
the problem is I don't know how to set it because any of the older versions dont work and i really don't know how to set FF7 music in the good manner and dont understand all the instruction knowing a little base in english I(I know english but i am not a pro) i am french of Quebec and i have a French FF7 (PC) and English(PSX Version) and I have never been able to make any FF7music working witn my game
And maybe is the problem, How i can mute my MIDI output manually

Did somoenoe know how to set up this FF7music approprietly

I have a Pentium 533mhz with 64 mb ram

well it you still use the old ver (with the centra (sp) prog) thyen open that up and pick restore back up and it will reset it.

Then open the new ver (it is a stand alone ff7 music prog) and select config (middle button) one the first screen it will be the setup for the plugins make sure it points to the psf plugin correctly (if you have winamp put a copy of it in the winamp plugin dir and pick it from there (IE:C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins\in_psf.dll) and make sure the output dir is corect (if you have winamp use the out wave plugin IE:C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins\out_wave.dll)

The next window is for the psfs. the top part is what psf file replaces what song. Wile the bottom is where the psf files are located so make sure it is pointed correctly (IE:D:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\Ficedula\FF7Mp3\PSF"

the next set of options are the playback options. I am not sure what needs to be done here so just play around however you want to)

It should work now

Great Sephiroth

• View Profile
dont work
« Reply #91 on: 2005-12-08 17:47:15 »
nope i didnt found what didnt work for ff7music  even the  .INI that Skillster sent me dont work and I have a question for you all

Did FF7 music dont work because I have a French Final Fantasy VII ?

Tokuwa

Highwind Theme GONE?
« Reply #92 on: 2005-12-08 21:03:45 »
As the title subtly points out, I have a weird problem with FF7music.
For most of the time, FF7music worked great on me. But once i got to the point where you recieve the Highwind for the first time, something was really fishy and.. well.. really missing.
The Highwind theme just wouldn't play. So of course I entered FF7music config and checked to see what I did wrong.
So scrolled.. and scrolled.. and after a dozen up and downs I came to notice there was no Highwind theme to associate O_O
The log said something about a "hiku" file, but I just couldn't select it and associate anything inside the FF7music GUI.

So I opened the ini and indeed there's simply no ID-line for "hiku",
it goes straight from =hen to =mogu

How can I get or produce the ID? That it got the Highwind theme is really one of the worst things happening and made me force to switch to soundfont midi x_X

steven

• View Profile
Re: Highwind Theme GONE?
« Reply #93 on: 2005-12-08 21:50:47 »
Quote from: Tokuwa
As the title subtly points out, I have a weird problem with FF7music.
For most of the time, FF7music worked great on me. But once i got to the point where you recieve the Highwind for the first time, something was really fishy and.. well.. really missing.
The Highwind theme just wouldn't play. So of course I entered FF7music config and checked to see what I did wrong.
So scrolled.. and scrolled.. and after a dozen up and downs I came to notice there was no Highwind theme to associate O_O
The log said something about a "hiku" file, but I just couldn't select it and associate anything inside the FF7music GUI.

So I opened the ini and indeed there's simply no ID-line for "hiku",
it goes straight from =hen to =mogu

How can I get or produce the ID? That it got the Highwind theme is really one of the worst things happening and made me force to switch to soundfont midi x_X
that reminds me of something that happens to me. when barret and tifa are being taken to be exacuted one of the original midi's play of the turk theme and not the psf ver (it sounds to crappy to be psf)

The Skillster

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #94 on: 2005-12-09 16:29:26 »
you guys need to find the original INI that came with ver 1.0 then I think

Tokuwa

New version of FF7Music
« Reply #95 on: 2005-12-10 09:11:11 »
Yay, for some reason it was enough to add a "hiku=(filename)" line into the preset definition - hiku still doesn't have an ID, but the song plays XD
So I guess the IDs are just there to make them selectable in FF7music, right?

Well, all's fine now ^_^ Say.. just a theoretical question, but is it actually possible to make a gapless looping option, using some kind of buffer or whatever to loop without pause? PSFs don't work for me, so I'm still using the OST - but if there was such a loop option, I just may edit out the fade-outs and make them loopable.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #96 on: 2005-12-10 12:54:16 »
Looping seems to have taken long enough to impliment, and may in fact be a problem with the winamp plugin.  I notice that even winamp waits a second o two before starting a new song/looping an old one.

Just my 2 cents, i may be wrong though.

The Skillster

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #97 on: 2005-12-10 13:32:12 »
IDs are not needed in the latest version, just the song name and the substitute.

Great Sephiroth

• View Profile
Request FF7Music french version
« Reply #98 on: 2005-12-11 07:41:44 »
Its just a request if the author or somebody can modify the actual FF7music to be working with the French Version of FF7

I know it can be hard but I hote its possible :)

plzzzzzzzzz someone Help the FF7 French Players  :P

New version of FF7Music
« Reply #99 on: 2005-12-11 19:26:47 »
I cant see any songs on Files tab, I've tried everything :S:S

Please help, thanks....