Author Topic: Compressed fieldmap files?  (Read 4020 times)

Snowy

• View Profile
Compressed fieldmap files?
« on: 2006-07-15 16:08:42 »
Hey again,

It looks like i'm finally making some progress of getting up to date with the work you've done so far on the engine.  Great work btw! I've compiled the fieldscript dumper by halkun, and wilst using the pc fieldmap data.  I figure it must be compressed, what util do you use to do that?  Sorry if it's covered somewhere else already...

Thank you  :-P

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
Re: Compressed fieldmap files?
« Reply #1 on: 2006-07-15 16:55:26 »
using the LGP extractor, it notices that the files are compressed and asks you if you want them decompressed. Say yes.

The PSX file are compressed too, I don't have a decompessor for LZS in my code and the offset is different by a few bytes.

Saaay, how's your mad programming skills? I could use help filling out some opcodes. I also have a newer revision on my HD that correctly parses some of the conditionals and the JMPxxx commands point to the correct address. I just reset SVN so I should be able to upload an update soon.

Snowy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-07-15 17:20:44 »
Heya halkun, As soon as I get all the data correctly, I'll see what I can do, i've been reading through the q-gears sourcecode since last weekend, I'll let you know when i'm ready...  can't wait to start ;-)

ps: mad programming skills :-P hahaha, i've been coding for a good few years now in c/c++ on both windows and linux, and on the graphics api's i know opengl and directx9

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 2006-07-15 23:18:01 »
Yay!

SVN has updated and I was able to upload my changes to the script dumper. Turns out everone on SF had to change thier passwords. Oh well. We are going now...

I can use some comments on ow my script dumper looks. Dump-wise how's the output look?

Snowy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-07-16 16:40:30 »
Fielddump's output looks great, I must say, the engine is being developed quicker that i thought :-P  That's a good thing, things to keep us busy!

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-07-16 16:53:19 »
Oh to answer your question they are likely LZS compressed, I believe ZLIB functions are being used to decompress these.
Although we are using the PS1 data for this (hmmm) mostly :)

Cyb