Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Field editor - Deling (0.12.0b)  (Read 224583 times)

MarcP

Re: [0.7b] Deling - a FF8 field editor
« Reply #100 on: 2014-04-22 00:06:45 »
That is one amazing software, wow !
Grand merci à toi myst6re, super boulot

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #101 on: 2014-05-12 22:31:24 »
Hey myst6re! When I open gpbigin4 in field.fs text0 Selfie says "Faux pas!" I'm not sure why this is in French... does it mean "Right on!"? because google translator translates it as "false step", or "slip", "trip". It from the "prison" scene in FFVIII.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2014-05-12 23:03:11 »
It is a French word which was taken over into English (in German too), at the time where speaking French was 'très chic' in the royal circle.

Shard

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2014-05-12 23:04:53 »
FF8 has a LOT of unused dialogue in it. That's just one of them.

Strangely, a lot of the unused dialogue was very well written, so IDK why Square didn't use it. I'm using some of it for my VO project.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #104 on: 2014-05-12 23:10:25 »
Oh gosh... :D :D and I was pretty sure it was some dialogue left by myst6re as a French translation... but how would that be possible... lol

So there's no way to use any unused text with the "Deling" editor? That would be neat if there was some tool like DLPB's for 7... (*wishes DLPB reads that post* :P :P )

P.S.: Agahnim had a FFVIII fan-creativity crisis and I actually might have those long anticipated Greek fonts to begin my translation with all letters this time... I'm feeling #ecstatic!
« Last Edit: 2014-05-12 23:33:00 by LeonhartGR »

Shard

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2014-05-13 00:38:32 »
You can use the unused text in Deling. Use the script editor.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #106 on: 2014-05-13 00:50:34 »
I know about that but I was thinking if it was possible to use it in the actual game.

Shard

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2014-05-13 01:51:56 »
It is. Use the script editor. About half the script opcodes for ff8 are documented now (thanks to yours truly :))

Agahnim

• fourgive mii four baud iinglisch :D
    • View Profile
    • Rom Dom Greece
« Reply #108 on: 2014-05-13 08:34:10 »
i cant find the "script editor". where it is?

now we have a greek font but i think the only way to show them ingame is to write english in deling...so if i write in deling "L", it would become "Λ" in game.

is there a way to change the table in deling? when i click "Λ" in deling, i want to show "Λ"¨but i want a hidden autoconvert to "L" (i dont know how to describe that :lol: my english iz poor)

anyone can help with that somehow?

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #109 on: 2014-05-13 13:08:20 »
Do you mean the "scripts" tab in Deling

or the "manage" button in "configuration"?

« Last Edit: 2014-05-13 13:58:05 by LeonhartGR »

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #110 on: 2014-05-13 13:51:59 »
What do I need to edit to make a dialogue active in the game?

Yugisokubodai

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2014-05-13 15:19:41 »
The diaglogue with pale grey rectangle with it is the unactived one. I think you must rewrite the event code to active these.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #112 on: 2014-05-13 16:08:20 »
I knew about the inactive dialogue, I didn't know I need to re-write the code though. I lack of knowledge to do that. Thanks!

Shard

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2014-05-13 19:19:34 »
It's all on the wiki. To show dialogue, you just need the AMESW command preceeded by other functions that place values on the stack (typically PSHN_L). To show the "Faux Pas!" dialogue in that field, you'd just insert this where you want it (without the commented parts):
Code: [Select]
PSHN_L      0       ;message channel (0 is most common)
PSHN_L      0       ;dialogue box ID (ie the text# in the dialogue list)
PSHN_L      30      ;X position of window
PSHN_L      30      ;Y position of window
AMESW
This might look very foreign if you have no experience with assembly language, and even with exposure, it's hard to wrap your head around sometimes because the only control structures are jumps (especially since you can't use comments in Deling to remember things)
« Last Edit: 2014-05-13 19:24:33 by Shard »

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #114 on: 2014-05-13 19:46:16 »
I know that my script editor is hard to use. If one day I have time, I'll make it better. Meanwhile everything is feasible, but with much pain.
Like Shard say you can look at the wiki, and if you find mistakes or new things, you can post here (or in "Scripting and Reverse Engineering" section).

Shard

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2014-05-13 20:03:44 »
I check the forum every day, and I have a debug room that I use to figure out what all the opcodes do, so if there's an opcode missing that you might use, feel free to PM me about it and I'll try to document it ASAP. I know what most of the missing functions do, I just haven't gotten to documenting them. There are only a small handful of opcodes I'm clueless about.

I was going to release my debug room about a month ago, but it's not done because I haven't found the Diablos, Tonberry King, or Jumbo Cactaur battles yet (they're not called from field scripts, so I can't find them with Deling). I've been going through every encounter one by one and I'm only in the 300s (there are over 1000 battle encounters in the game).

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #116 on: 2014-05-13 20:31:28 »
It's all on the wiki. To show dialogue, you just need the AMESW command preceeded by other functions that place values on the stack (typically PSHN_L). To show the "Faux Pas!" dialogue in that field, you'd just insert this where you want it (without the commented parts):
Code: [Select]
PSHN_L      0       ;message channel (0 is most common)
PSHN_L      0       ;dialogue box ID (ie the text# in the dialogue list)
PSHN_L      30      ;X position of window
PSHN_L      30      ;Y position of window
AMESW
This might look very foreign if you have no experience with assembly language, and even with exposure, it's hard to wrap your head around sometimes because the only control structures are jumps (especially since you can't use comments in Deling to remember things)

I could try but I'm not sure where this or other unused dialogue was initially  supposed to be...

Shard

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2014-05-13 20:53:37 »
Nobody does. The unused dialogue was left in because the text indeces are needed in order to call up a dialogue box in the scripts. Deleting a single textID breaks the rest of your field dialogue.

You have to guess where unused dialogue is supposed to be used and add it to a cutscene manually. There isn't a "switch" to turn it on.

Oh, one thing I will say is that Deling isn't 100% accurate about which dialogues are unused. It only detects MES calls that are preceeded by only PSHN_L functions. There are some (not many, but some) dialogues that are preceeded by other functions. For example, some fields control where a dialogue box appears based on which side you enter the area, and that information is pushed from a variable instead. Deling thinks those are unused, even though they aren't. There are also some dialogues that are called in scripts, but those scripts are never actually run in the game. Deling thinks they're used, even though they aren't. Just be careful when you see a grayed out textID.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #118 on: 2014-05-13 23:46:34 »
Nah... I'm not messing with anything I'm a noob on...

Shard

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2014-06-09 00:31:00 »
Myst6re, would it be possible to have an import feature that imports multiple partial field files (like jsm, msd, etc.) from a directory, rather than having to do them by hand? I'm going to need a program that does this (and so might other future mods), and it makes more sense to have Deling support it than to make another separate tool.

Yugisokubodai

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2014-06-25 09:21:14 »
Deling is a great tool, I must say.
There's many lzs image in the main.fs file, is there any way to convert these to image file with Deling?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2014-06-25 12:50:40 »
You can open them in Noesis if I'm not mistaken.

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #122 on: 2014-06-25 22:18:05 »
Deling is a great tool, I must say.
There's many lzs image in the main.fs file, is there any way to convert these to image file with Deling?

That's simple,
  • Open main.fs with Deling
  • Select a *.lzs file in the list
  • You'll see a preview of the file on the right panel, if you move your mouse in this panel, a "save" button will appear

Yugisokubodai

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2014-06-25 23:50:34 »
Oh, I mean, then how to compress that image ito lzs again?

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #124 on: 2014-06-26 19:14:54 »
There is no way with Deling for now. But the file format is simple, it is LZS compressed (you can use FiceLZS to compress/uncompress it). The uncompressed file begins with:
  • 0x00: width (2 bytes)
  • 0x02: height (2 bytes)
  • 0x04: Image data (width * height * 2 bytes)

Image data contain colors in a standard PlayStation format:
  • 1 bit = alpha (I guess)
  • 5 bits = blue
  • 5 bits = green
  • 5 bits = red {Least Significant Bit}

That's all!