Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4874057 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.35)
« Reply #2750 on: 2016-02-27 13:01:39 »
I was hoping tomorrow but there's still niggling bits and pieces left over that need done; the documentation needs finished too and I really want that to be with the installer when it goes up this time.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: 2016-02-27 15:20:50 »
Don't worry too much about the Dark Cave and Arrange, most of us just want to start trying out the new stuff. :>

Also, I hate to be "that guy" but do you have any idea when you'll be releasing it? (And hopefully the custom.exe)
Wouldn't want to miss it, been ridiculously hyped ever since my first playthrough of 1.35 :D
Dont sweat it mithrain were all those guys. ;-) and also most of us juat wanna go with mod.
As the saying goes chief, hurry slowly. B-)

Sent from my Xperia ZR using Tapatalk

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: 2016-02-27 17:09:22 »
I was hoping tomorrow

be still my beating heart.

did you do anything to chocobo raising? more colored chocobos, or higher speed caps, or i dont know, just anything to spruce the game up a bit?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: 2016-02-28 07:52:40 »
I put in a short-cut to get a gold chocobo faster; could experiment with the minigame later, though. New colours would be interesting, though it would be purely cosmetic.

Dracozombie

• View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: 2016-02-29 05:10:55 »
It's... it's like a sick joke.

I finally beat Emerald, and now I gotta figure out how to beat the Master Materia, especially that Summon one that seems like it can summon two things in the same turn. Not only is there a big risk of a dual-cast Bahamut + Alexander (it's happened more times than you'd think), I gotta sit through all those summon animations. tbh, the amount of waiting is also the primary reason I'm not even bothering with the Mime materia tonberries anymore.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: 2016-02-29 05:55:00 »
It's... it's like a sick joke.

I finally beat Emerald, and now I gotta figure out how to beat the Master Materia, especially that Summon one that seems like it can summon two things in the same turn. Not only is there a big risk of a dual-cast Bahamut + Alexander (it's happened more times than you'd think), I gotta sit through all those summon animations. tbh, the amount of waiting is also the primary reason I'm not even bothering with the Mime materia tonberries anymore.

Never had the summon materia do any dual-casts. Perhaps that happens if you're taking forever killing it? if so, I could give you a few pointers (although Sega would be better qualified at that, he might be busy with 1.4).

I put in a short-cut to get a gold chocobo faster; could experiment with the minigame later, though. New colours would be interesting, though it would be purely cosmetic.

Hype intensifies. Hopefully this shortcut doesn't make the chocobo terribad at racing like the (vanilla) ruby-weapon reward. :D

Dracozombie

• View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: 2016-02-29 06:01:34 »
Uuuuuuuugh why does victory have to be so pyrrhic.

Technically the guy wasn't lying when he said he was indeed giving me Master Materia... guess I forgot that actual Master Materia isn't in NT.

I feel sad.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: 2016-02-29 06:31:39 »
Uuuuuuuugh why does victory have to be so pyrrhic.

Technically the guy wasn't lying when he said he was indeed giving me Master Materia... guess I forgot that actual Master Materia isn't in NT.

I feel sad.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: 2016-02-29 06:35:15 »

Well, it wasn't supposed to be but I messed up and forgot you could make it :I

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: 2016-02-29 06:44:42 »
To be fair, Master Magic is near useless due to the massive penalties involved.
Only Master Command is semi useful, as you can offset the Dex/agi penalty with a sneak glove. It does require a large amount of grinding, 1 million AP for the mime.

Edit: This is with Custom.exe, naturally. Might be super amazing in the default NT mod.
Edit2: Didn't mean to sound like a whine, my point was just that it doesn't impact custom.exe playthroughs all that much. :>
« Last Edit: 2016-02-29 07:05:00 by Mithrain »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2760 on: 2016-02-29 07:07:48 »
Oh yeah, they have customised bonus/penalty tiers. Might be a bit extreme though, it was things like 50% and 64stat modifiers.

Nikkolas

• View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: 2016-02-29 07:38:35 »
Long time no see, Nikk; I remember you. 1.4 has a different progression curve that puts you on Disc 3 at roughly around Lv.70+, some of the sidequests are different and start earlier in the game, and I streamlined some things like Junon Leagues and Extra Battle to mix their enemies more into Disc 1 & 2.

Interesting... I really want to replay FFVII but I'm tempted to try gjoerulv'Hardcore Mod before I replay this. The HM be something completely new, ya know?

off course, the posts I'm reading in here makes a lot of things sem very different about the modern version of NT. This mod has undergone quite a number of revisions. I was recommending your mod to people elsewhere back when I played it and one guy said he had tried an even earlier incarnation than I had, where you apparently were making liberal use of some status effect you came up with, or so he claimed.

I also recall you saying  Comet2 was OP when I spammed it against Nemesis. I just couldn't see any other way to do real damage.

Have you suped up some of the bosses? Emerald and Ruby were actually among the easiest parts of NT when I played it. Emerald especially was destroyed by having Bolt Elemental weapons on Cloud and Yuffie as I recall.

In any event, maybe I can just do Hardcore than replay this.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: 2016-02-29 08:32:17 »
Interesting... I really want to replay FFVII but I'm tempted to try gjoerulv'Hardcore Mod before I replay this. The HM be something completely new, ya know?

off course, the posts I'm reading in here makes a lot of things sem very different about the modern version of NT. This mod has undergone quite a number of revisions. I was recommending your mod to people elsewhere back when I played it and one guy said he had tried an even earlier incarnation than I had, where you apparently were making liberal use of some status effect you came up with, or so he claimed.

I also recall you saying  Comet2 was OP when I spammed it against Nemesis. I just couldn't see any other way to do real damage.

Have you suped up some of the bosses? Emerald and Ruby were actually among the easiest parts of NT when I played it. Emerald especially was destroyed by having Bolt Elemental weapons on Cloud and Yuffie as I recall.

In any event, maybe I can just do Hardcore than replay this.

I'd heartily recommend the hardcore mod; so long as you approach it with a survival mentality, it can be very rewarding. I'd recommend grabbing Barret and then spending some time fighting the enemies on the catwalk outside the Reactor as they have a good drop rate for potions and ethers. Once you're able to keep a stable stock of 10 or so potions (you'll be using some to heal) and are up to about Lv.6-7 you'll be ready to tackle El Scorpio.

Yeah, NT has undergone a lot of overhauls. It's nice to see that the Dual-Drain build still lives on in infamy.

I'm re-buffing Comet2 for the new build, I'd made it useless next to actual Comet. It'll be back to 6-shots, and a rise in base power.

Emerald and Ruby are still fairly easy as 'super'-bosses go even in this new build, might be more apt to call them mid-bosses. I could soup them up a bit if people fancy.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: 2016-02-29 09:08:14 »
Beefing up Emerald (and possibly ruby) would be welcome, as they were pushovers compared to some of the other endgame bosses, such as the extra battle thingy.
Some kind of status(counters?) perhaps, for Emerald? or simply higher basestats.
Spoiler: show

(inb4 angry PMs, saying I caused a 1.4 release delay!)

Chronoseth

• View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: 2016-02-29 10:08:16 »
Emerald and Ruby are still fairly easy as 'super'-bosses go even in this new build, might be more apt to call them mid-bosses. I could soup them up a bit if people fancy.
IMO Ruby is fine in 1.35 (whirlsand can go **** itself), but Emerald was far too easy. The only real danger is its eye rays, but they're almost entirely nullified by ribbons, and Emerald doesn't do enough damage for the lack of barriers to be a concern. Making them do something like drain a lot more MP or forcibly inflict dual-drain would make the battle more interesting.

Oh, exploiting Emerald's gravity vulnerability also makes the battle hilariously easy and short. Maybe make it counter Demi with reflect?

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: 2016-02-29 10:38:00 »
Do you mean, that you want Emerald to throw Demi back at the party, using reflect? Doesn't seem like it can be reflected in FF7 (or perhaps just NT).

Chronoseth

• View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: 2016-02-29 11:04:30 »
Do you mean, that you want Emerald to throw Demi back at the party, using reflect? Doesn't seem like it can be reflected in FF7 (or perhaps just NT).
... I forgot about that.

It definitely needs to do something to counter Demi if it keeps its gravity vulnerability, though. The damage dealt by quadded demi is ridiculous.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: 2016-02-29 11:15:31 »
If you think that damage is stupid. Try a suped-up Cloud, with 4x-cut and numerous counters. With his damage buffed even further by Lighting-elemental in his weapon, lucky pill and yellow wave. :D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: 2016-02-29 11:54:17 »
The original default emerald weapon actually has no resistance to Gravity either; but that's countered slightly by it's 800,000HP pool. For this build, Emerald has more HP than before at 280,000 but it's still not likely enough to guard against W'd quadded Demi so I'll make him resistant to that element and lower his Magic Defence a little to compensate.

Rasca

• View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: 2016-02-29 12:43:20 »
The original default emerald weapon actually has no resistance to Gravity either; but that's countered slightly by it's 800,000HP pool. For this build, Emerald has more HP than before at 280,000 but it's still not likely enough to guard against W'd quadded Demi so I'll make him resistant to that element and lower his Magic Defence a little to compensate.

How useful is Demi in general?

It feels like this kind of magic (or statuses and such) are always useless in most games because the only enemies you should use them against are inmune to them.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: 2016-02-29 15:23:08 »
You'll find plenty of uses for it here; most enemies don't resist it, and flying/airborne enemies take 2x damage from it meaning they can be killed by Demi2 or higher. Morph tables were changed too so you can get yourself some decent gear earlier on, which Demi helps with. 

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: 2016-02-29 16:17:58 »
I'd heartily recommend the hardcore mod; so long as you approach it with a survival mentality, it can be very rewarding. I'd recommend grabbing Barret and then spending some time fighting the enemies on the catwalk outside the Reactor as they have a good drop rate for potions and ethers. Once you're able to keep a stable stock of 10 or so potions (you'll be using some to heal) and are up to about Lv.6-7 you'll be ready to tackle El Scorpio.

Yeah, NT has undergone a lot of overhauls. It's nice to see that the Dual-Drain build still lives on in infamy.

I'm re-buffing Comet2 for the new build, I'd made it useless next to actual Comet. It'll be back to 6-shots, and a rise in base power.

Yeah I think Ruby and Emerald should be souped up A LOT they are meant to be super bosses.

Rasca

• View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: 2016-03-01 07:41:33 »
You'll find plenty of uses for it here; most enemies don't resist it, and flying/airborne enemies take 2x damage from it meaning they can be killed by Demi2 or higher. Morph tables were changed too so you can get yourself some decent gear earlier on, which Demi helps with.

Nice.

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: 2016-03-01 15:26:11 »
Question(s) about Fort Condor: Are there prizes / items to be won from playing and winning the mini-game now? I was on auto-pilot and just waited to lose, and defeat monster, to gain the huge materia during the story as I don't recall there ever being anything of worth to win back in Vanilla. I doubt I would/will spend any significant time at the mini-game but if there are some valuable goodies that would be handy info. Thanks in advance! -Web

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: 2016-03-01 17:59:06 »
I revised all the prizes, and there's a special prize if you manage to clear the Fort Condor sideline without letting Shinra win a single time (they have 15000gil to start, to cover battles that can't be accessed, and a new NPC appears in certain places to let you fast-travel to and from Condor).