Poll

Which character would you like to have as a playable character the most?

Heidegger
3 (7.1%)
Tseng
13 (31%)
Turk Vincent
13 (31%)
Scarlet
8 (19%)
President Shinra
5 (11.9%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Play as the Shinra Project.  (Read 10440 times)

Grimmy

• Insane poster
  • Can you really live on that side?
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
Re: Final Fantasy VII Play as the Shinra Project.
« Reply #75 on: 2017-06-11 18:11:36 »
I'm getting started on this, but want to make sure you are happy with these. I'm going to do

Dyne as Barret
Rufus as Cloud
Elena as Tifa
Dark Nation as Red XIII
Palmer as Cid
Reno as Yuffie
Rude as Cait Sith
Seph as Vincent

Including your Scarlet as Aeris that is a full set and cuts out Hojo, Tseng and Jenova. The only way to include more than the nine would be to do party swapping using 7H's variable swapping mechanic. In my personal mod I have 27 playable characters, 5 playable guest characters and 9 limit transformations, so having more characters is just a matter of flevel scripting and 7H modding. Regardless of that I'm going to move forward with the above list. If you have any changes just let me know. 

Tsunamix

• Freak
  • Check out my work - https://goo.gl/m4NFlm
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #76 on: 2017-06-11 19:12:55 »
Just putting my 2 cents here but would Rude not make a better Tifa?

EDIT: Wait never mind, animations are changed too so it's fine.
         Dyne i don't think should be here though, he doesn't fit in.
         He hates Shinra, he wouldn't work with them.
         If animations don't matter because of switching Reno and Rude should be
         Barret and Tifa as they are your starting gang.
« Last Edit: 2017-06-11 19:15:46 by Tsunamix »

mr_nygren

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2017-06-12 08:52:46 »
I'm getting started on this, but want to make sure you are happy with these. I'm going to do

Dyne as Barret
Rufus as Cloud
Elena as Tifa
Dark Nation as Red XIII
Palmer as Cid
Reno as Yuffie
Rude as Cait Sith
Seph as Vincent

Including your Scarlet as Aeris that is a full set and cuts out Hojo, Tseng and Jenova. The only way to include more than the nine would be to do party swapping using 7H's variable swapping mechanic. In my personal mod I have 27 playable characters, 5 playable guest characters and 9 limit transformations, so having more characters is just a matter of flevel scripting and 7H modding. Regardless of that I'm going to move forward with the above list. If you have any changes just let me know. 

Hello, sorry for not being active for a day or so - i gladly switch out Rude for Hojo though. Palmer would probably work better as replacement for Cait Sith (fat and all that).

So basically Palmer - caith Sith.

Hojo - Cid

That i think would fit better as Hojo is a scientist and maybe a "rocket scientist". :P

I gladly have the animation files for the others though - especially that Jemnezmy unit.

But otherwise i think those will do =).

mr_nygren

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2017-06-12 09:00:53 »

You are quite right if it was only about the Shinra/Turks - but i make some exceptions for bad-ass enemies like Sephiroth and Dyne.

Sephiroth shouldn't be a Shinra-character neither -  at least not in this timeline. Plus their stories are swaped with Clouds and team. I am not gonna create a new story and change all the text in the game. Therefore Dyne is basically Barret and Barret will be Dyne who hates the Shinra. The Shinra will basically be Avalance.

Truth be told i mostly want Dyne because i always wanted to play as Dyne. I think the Corel Prison part of the game is one of the best - and the music there always was good to my ears. Dyne's character was always sad but in a understandable way. Victim turned terrorist against the evil Shinra.

Yes, he won't fit in the company of the others based on his original story - but as Barret will be Dyne in the story i think it's fine. The mod is not about the story of these characters - it's about playing as them instead of Cloud etc.

Tsunamix

• Freak
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #79 on: 2017-06-12 13:56:33 »
Well one day when you ot this all worked out i could very well help you advance this to make an actual new story. It's something i've wanted to do for some time now.

The 1 thing that i know of that cannot be changed are limits. So in that case if Hojo is going to be in the party then make him vincent. His limit to transform suits Hojo perfectly

Grimmy

• Insane poster
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #80 on: 2017-06-12 21:23:41 »
The 1 thing that i know of that cannot be changed are limits. So in that case if Hojo is going to be in the party then make him vincent. His limit to transform suits Hojo perfectly

That is incorrect all the limits can be reassigned and changed. It is all controlled by the ab files and kernel(and the exe on pc). You could have up to 6 party members that each have a transform(7 if you eliminate the vincent character slot). In my Shinra mod Hojo does transform into heletic, and if you watch Jeets vids you will see Seph transform into safer and bizarro.
« Last Edit: 2017-06-12 22:16:18 by Grimmy »

Tsunamix

• Freak
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #81 on: 2017-06-12 22:15:31 »
Really? We can edit limits that way? Someones gotta teach me this stuff.
I do see that characters can actually have 3 limits too. Can we utilize this?

mr_nygren

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2017-06-13 19:31:45 »
Well one day when you ot this all worked out i could very well help you advance this to make an actual new story. It's something i've wanted to do for some time now.

Could be interesting but i don' think i will have the amount of free time.. :/

mr_nygren

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2017-06-16 12:29:12 »
That is incorrect all the limits can be reassigned and changed. It is all controlled by the ab files and kernel(and the exe on pc). You could have up to 6 party members that each have a transform(7 if you eliminate the vincent character slot). In my Shinra mod Hojo does transform into heletic, and if you watch Jeets vids you will see Seph transform into safer and bizarro.

I'll be waiting for you to finish those animation files before continuing with this mod. Just post here and i'll be sure to see it when  it's done and i'll take over from there.

Grimmy

• Insane poster
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #84 on: 2017-06-23 01:50:26 »
Go ahead and check your PM. I just sent them to you.

mr_nygren

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2017-06-24 08:54:42 »
Go ahead and check your PM. I just sent them to you.

Yep, did awhile ago - great job!  ;D

Gonna add everything soon and test them out in game.

Then of course i will need to do the field-models etc for each character after that.

Also, i will upload each character as a separate overhaul package first - but in the end i plan on releasing a Shinra Mod at moddb.

Is it hard to create an installer when i have the mod ready on my end? I am using the Bootleg-configuration and it's too big for uploading. So i am just wondering how that would be done. Like an installer installing everything so people won't have to download individual files. It would be a complete mod just like that Turks-mod but better.

Grimmy

• Insane poster
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #86 on: 2017-06-24 22:06:40 »
The best way is to make it as a 7thHeaven iro. They are easy to share and don't require any installation of any files other than the iro. Then players can easily use the mod or not by a simple click without needing to reinstall older files or mods.