Author Topic: [FF7][FAQ] 7th Heaven Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 531263 times)

MegaSmash185

• View Profile
Re: Re: [FF7] Tifa's Final Heaven - 7th Heaven Mod Tutorial
« Reply #875 on: 2015-12-08 05:15:17 »
Hi again EQ2Alyza, I was wondering if you could tell me where i could get these mods individually so i could mod ff7 manually, I tried a field model mod and it worked just fine, no lag. And maybe a tutorial, i can figure out where to put some mods but, but no clue where i would put the animation mod.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #876 on: 2015-12-08 11:42:43 »
Aali's v0.7.11b is not used with this tutorial setup. You need to use the Game Converter from STEP 1 to get the correct Aali's driver.

1)   
Well when i install as per instructions, i get this message:
OpenGL renderer does not support OpenGL 2.0. Your graphics drivers are probably not up to date. Shaders are required since version 0.8.

heres the pic:         https://app.box.com/s/rjktlxfxp2fl8vwfrf4t8sgjhhbbader

And closes. So i copied Aali's v0.7.11b into main folder, activated reg file and it worked then, albeit, some mods didnt work, some worked if put into certain order etc, standard stuff. I didnt use MO(graphical glitches), Red Werewolf(bc of known issues), Movies(didnt work), Music(same), put Battles - Weapons first etc. Mind that im still talking about the 1998 version.

Now ive instaled steam 2012, finish 7H setup and same message as above appears on shaders. Any other solution besides that Aali's v0.7.11b ive used? As mentioned Aali's v0.8.1b doesnt work. And im reluctant to install Aali's v0.7.11b and have same mod issues as before, so im asking here beforehand. The point of playing the game w all the great mods is the reason to take ff7 again itfp anyway. Thx for the help!

2)
On a different note i found out about Kalderashas chaos mod having separate IRO url, w updated mods http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13960.0. Is it better to use these or do i stick w original 7H url bc of compatibility issues, whatnot?

3)
PS either im dope or i dont know how to attach pics here on this forum so im sending box.net link.
« Last Edit: 2015-12-08 11:54:29 by lionheart82 »

rmarion1

• View Profile
« Reply #877 on: 2015-12-08 16:16:03 »
For some reason the game last night was working fine. I restarted my computer now the game tries to open then closes right away.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #878 on: 2015-12-08 22:28:40 »
@Lionheart82 Square Enix's version is not drm free, or at least it wasn't two years ago when I bought. In fact it had really bad DRM and you were limited to three total downloads and a download code that you needed, and if you lost it you're s.o.o.l. even if you had proof of reciept and your game registered to their library on their official site, they licensed out the downloads to a third party site along with the drm. Steams drm is a joke and thats why it's been cracked for so long. After you download it once you can put it in offline mode and play it's really not bad at all compared to the securom junk S.E. was using where you had to be online so it could constantly authenticate, no idea where you got such bad information.

The only marketplace that specializes in drm free pc games is gog.com and they are really good, but they don't get a lot of big games like ff7 because Square Enix and a lot of other companies think it will massively increase piracy or something, among other reasons.
« Last Edit: 2015-12-08 22:34:47 by olearyf2525 »

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #879 on: 2015-12-08 23:02:23 »
@Lionheart82 Square Enix's version is not drm free, or at least it wasn't two years ago when I bought. In fact it had really bad DRM and you were limited to three total downloads and a download code that you needed, and if you lost it you're s.o.o.l. even if you had proof of reciept and your game registered to their library on their official site, they licensed out the downloads to a third party site along with the drm. Steams drm is a joke and thats why it's been cracked for so long. After you download it once you can put it in offline mode and play it's really not bad at all compared to the securom junk S.E. was using where you had to be online so it could constantly authenticate, no idea where you got such bad information.

The only marketplace that specializes in drm free pc games is gog.com and they are really good, but they don't get a lot of big games like ff7 because Square Enix and a lot of other companies think it will massively increase piracy or something, among other reasons.

Thx Olearyf i just dl 2 times total, so 1 time left. Had my first initiation in Steam products by having  game login error 5143, being unable to play... No wonder piracy is in bloom everywhere... Maybe ill also refund before 14 days end. Buggers.

Didnt know about offline mode, also making backup, but didnt succeed in restoring it first time, thats why i dled 2nd. So if i go offline mode and want to reinstall it for modding reasons it is supposed to not count in steam app as reinstall? Or what?

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: 2015-12-08 23:07:50 »
In regards to rmarion you may need to run the converter again if you didn't use the special one for 7th Heaven.  They got a post about it on the first topic in the beginning.
« Last Edit: 2015-12-08 23:09:32 by genesis063 »

ZodiakHunter

• View Profile
« Reply #881 on: 2015-12-09 00:57:18 »
Everything works perfectly fine, except some mods simply don't apply. I made sure to prioritize the mods I want most over those I don't (and of course the required ones in their place) but I noticed the battle and field models still look like vanilla while things like the hud, the save station, etc. are modded. Any advice?

Also, some of the bigger (500mb and up) downloads display an error. I'm gonna give it some time because of traffic, etc., just wanted to make sure you're aware. It doesn't download form MEGA or Google Drive.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #882 on: 2015-12-09 01:39:21 »
Well blast it, i got the answer to my troubles (not the solution yet), problem is my old laptop and integrated graphics, about aalis driver, question 1)
I searched
OpenGL renderer does not support OpenGL 2.0. Your graphics drivers are probably not up to date

on Google and found aalis posts here:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14922.225 will try some solutions from there, just writing this for those w same trouble as me.

Soma_Lancelot

• View Profile
« Reply #883 on: 2015-12-09 16:58:27 »
I got this error, how to fix this?

raizen3

• View Profile
« Reply #884 on: 2015-12-09 17:18:43 »
Soma I had the same issue, Just run both game and 7th Heaven as admin. Right Click, Properties, Compatibility Tab, Run this program as Admin!

Hope it works.

Soma_Lancelot

• View Profile
« Reply #885 on: 2015-12-09 17:57:29 »
Soma I had the same issue, Just run both game and 7th Heaven as admin. Right Click, Properties, Compatibility Tab, Run this program as Admin!

Hope it works.

Tried that, and still doesn't work.  :(

rand0Command0

• View Profile
« Reply #886 on: 2015-12-09 21:53:24 »
Tried that, and still doesn't work.  :(

you need to go to the following folder.

users\username\appdata\roaming

and open the 7th heaven folder

Delete the contents of the folder and run the program again.

Had the same issue from closing the installer before finishing the setup..and this fixed that issue. It is also covered in the FAQ.
« Last Edit: 2015-12-09 21:55:07 by rand0Command0 »

Soma_Lancelot

• View Profile
« Reply #887 on: 2015-12-09 23:36:27 »
you need to go to the following folder.

users\username\appdata\roaming

and open the 7th heaven folder

Delete the contents of the folder and run the program again.

Had the same issue from closing the installer before finishing the setup..and this fixed that issue. It is also covered in the FAQ.

It worked, thank you so much!

rand0Command0

• View Profile
« Reply #888 on: 2015-12-10 01:56:32 »
It worked, thank you so much!

Not a problem!

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #889 on: 2015-12-11 12:04:21 »
Hey guys real quick can anyone help me on how to make a limit exe patch so I can implement them in the iro itself.  I've tried to use Dan's tools and cant seem to still get it to work.  Is there anyway anyone could help me and give me a guide on how to do it?

guyinthecorner12

• View Profile
« Reply #890 on: 2015-12-12 21:24:51 »
When I press "Launch Game," a black screen appears for a second and then I hear a beep. The game then shuts down. I have a sound driver selected in FF7Config.

Edit: I got it to work with Bluetooth headphones but the game does not run when the sound is set to the native laptop speakers.
« Last Edit: 2015-12-13 20:06:24 by guyinthecorner12 »

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #891 on: 2015-12-13 22:01:53 »
Like I said anytime you change something other then what you set it to when running the converter it will crash.  That is why you need to run it again to set it to the right configuration.  I play with my tv.  When I take it out and fly home then I need to run it again to play it on my laptop.  It is weird but that is how the program is.

sagaopc

• View Profile
« Reply #892 on: 2015-12-14 14:17:13 »
Can I use the Brazilian Translation with Final Heaven?

martinp20

• View Profile
« Reply #893 on: 2015-12-15 00:42:28 »
hello there, I'm kinda new to this FF7 scene (although I'm used to Nexus mods) so far everything regarding the installation of 7th Heaven has been successful, I was wondering though if the fmv remastered mod is included in the 7th heaven catalog, because so far I was unable to find it.

Thank you. 

Nikodrako

• View Profile
« Reply #894 on: 2015-12-15 05:47:59 »
quick question does the chaos mod overrite all the other battle models? (becose when i deactivate it i can use other battle models), talking about battle models some enemy models don't change like the sweper , the scorpion does change model, the mod: menu backgrounds and avatars doesn't seem to work for me, soooo my question is ¿what am i doing wrong? and what mods go with what, and what overwrites what.
sorry if i sound annoying but i have been mix and matching for about 2 hours
oh and what music selection has the blackmages? if it's not there is there a way to change a track so that i can lisent to it (sorry and thanks)

edit:  menu backgrounds and avatars fixed

« Last Edit: 2015-12-15 23:41:33 by Nikodrako »

Treble557

• View Profile
« Reply #895 on: 2015-12-15 06:49:46 »
nm, fixed my previous issues. Now im just trying to figure out how... to use other mods then whats in the catalog. I kinda want some better ones. XD I had this whole setup I was using before, and outside of the sound issues I felt it to be pretty perfect. I just need to figure how.. if its even possible at all, to use tho mods again.

I keep reading stuff about taking apart and repacking them, and I'm just clueless about what any of that means, lol. The extent of what I know about the modding process so far from bootleg is grab a mod, the mod shows up in a menu, you can choose from it and others in the menu in a nice GUI, and that's it.

I don't even know if the mods will show up at the packaged GUIs and stuffs again, or if I'll need to find sources for the models online to see what they look like and manually pick them outta the files, or what.

Anyone know what exactly im in for here?

*edit*

APPARENTLY my sound issue is back that I had with the bootleg now. The menu sound effects and other sound effects that seem unrelated but apparently must be in some way, are all SUPER quiet unless I crank them. Making some sound effects just right and others ear bleedingly loud, or some unable to hear at all while others are normal.

Not... sure what to do about this. :/
« Last Edit: 2015-12-15 11:44:51 by Treble557 »

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #896 on: 2015-12-15 11:42:14 »
Hey guys real quick like to happily announce that my new mods to add support for Sephiroth and Cloud's different models and weapons will be added to the new update.  Also Safer Sephiroth will be added into it aswell.  Few things to note the various kernel text changes have their separate Iro.  You also need the proper exe found in my topic with the original Sephiroth Story Iro.  More will come making a little mini-expansionish mod.

RedReynard

• View Profile
« Reply #897 on: 2015-12-17 06:44:58 »
Hey first of all let me thank you for such an awesome way to enjoy ff7!!!! but i only wish i can experience it myself.

I went through everything just fine for 7th heaven and it seemed it was good to go but when I hit launch game, the program would crash or reopen the same program twice. so i deleted everything and ran the cleaner to dispose of the unwanted keys but no when i try to run game converter to start new it says there's no registry keys to redownload the game which i've done several times now but it's the same result. can you please help me? I love these mods!!!

Insight

• Nothing special here...
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: 2015-12-19 09:54:40 »
A suggestion: create a stickied closed topic for the releases,changelogs and tutorials (one thread for all named subjects) and a q/a thread. This great topic gets too much flooded with questions.

Blazerunner1988

• View Profile
« Reply #899 on: 2015-12-20 00:59:07 »
Hey, Just wondering if anything has changed with the 7th heaven tool with the new update. Are there any new mods added?